TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

The results issue will be resolved....I spoke to Dan tonight.

All this complaining about the the track, ruts etc. is stupid.... the lights are the best I have ever experienced..... the dirt is the best I have ever experienced...no chassis wear at all, the bugs are a seasonal issues that is not that big of a deal ,,food on site...dirt blowing...don't be a girl!!!

We are spoiled in SOCAL....ARC, Rev, Thunder Alley, on and on...

I did not mean to open a "dis" ARC forum...sorry Dan!

We have one of the best tracks in the USA in ARC in SOCAL. Don't believe it ...go to another state and race. My apologies to Dan for opening a dis ARC forum...just wanted results and they are forthcoming!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I have raced at ARC since it opened in July. Dan continues to improve the facility and has a great group on volunteers that help him on Fridays and Races days. IMO if you do not volunteer then don't whine. As for the postings it is better than many other facilities that I have competed at and I have competed in some sort of racing both on and off since 1984. Remember it is a new facility and improvements continue to happen, the track surface continues to improve as it is worked, new track layouts often, electric at the benches and air when some moron does not break the compressor, good lights, good track food, and a good shop that will be opening soon. Remember it has only been open a few months and was built from a field in the country. So the pits are dirt at this time - last time I checked we race on dirt and most of the time the cars are dirty, so what is the big deal? I also spoke with Dan this evening and he was working very hard to correct the internet postings--I had no problem figuring out the standings as they were posted.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Relax guys, everyone gets ther feelings hurt so fast. I was agreeing with the fact that Jeff mentioned the issue with results numerous times, and nothing has changed about that issue. As small as it sounds it seems to bother many people and the things like a slow program, or bumpy track, or dirty pits are things that I keep hearing about and nobody wants to say it in public for whatever reason. All I am saying is if things like this continue there will be no buzz about ARC other than the negatives, and that alone will keep the head count down. I guess from now on Ill just mind my own business and let everyone else figure out their own problems. Mike Davis
Old 09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just to let everybody know I have a half gallon rc8 for sale or trade. Let me know what you got! See you ALL Saturday night!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Initiate

yeah, yall need to CHILL....coming from me, who's been there every weekend
since the openieng july 5th and I live 2 hours away in Indio. I see absolutey no problems with anything Dan has done. I live too far away to help out with the track on those fridays but do what I can when i'm there on saturdays (water or try to fix ruts) and I thank everyone who HAS helped to make it a great place to race and hang out with cool people that enjoy the same hobby.

Results posting complaining is weak sauce at best. Do you take it THAT SERIOUS and need it for your sponsors or something? LOL !

Club Racing is just that, show up if you want to and race your stuff, beat who you can and be happy with the fact the track is there at your convienence. Pretty nice place I think. If you don't think so then don't go.
Don't sit here and badmouth the place and bring his business down to those who may not have even been there and come here to get info.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

I like ARC & have no problems other than I would like to see mains sheet just to see what I'm doing.I understand the problem of as soon as the mains sheet is posted some moron will take it off the board & back to their pit. I'm glad Dan is working on getting the sheets posted on his site but for now maybe tape them to the inside of his booth window or something cuz if you dont win you pretty much have no idea how you finished or if what you changed made a difference.

Whats the concern with a dirty pit area? I think it would be nice if you didnt get dirt blown on you if the wind gusts up but I bring dirt back to my table then have it fall off the car making a mess & bring back dirt in my shoes from marshalling.Dan sweeps,rakes & hoses off the tables & pit lane & drivers stand every week for us & I dont have to drive another 45 miles to rev @ $3.70 a gallon.If you wanna make a cleaner pit area ask the smokers to put their butts in the trash & throw away other junk when they leave.I smoke like a chimney when I'm there but I also put out the cig & throw it in the trash when done & I think I'm the only one.Have any of you gone out there on a wed & seen what it looks like before Dan cleans up after all of us?

Dan does a fantastic job taking care of the best track in SD county & is always in improvement mode.You spend over $50,000 on a track then listen to people complain & demand more then see how you treat those same people.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by butch man
I smoke like a chimney when I'm there but I also put out the cig & throw it in the trash when done & I think I'm the only one.
That makes 2 of us. I do this everywhere I go.

I too like the track and am glad it is there. It isn't perfect, but very good for me. Constructive critsism is needed instead of bashing the track/facility/racing. Voice opinions. Nothing may get done or track will dis-appear soon. I don't want that and others also. There are other tracks that are worse off. Supporting the track is the only way it will survive.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I went by tonight to check it out since i had not been there since it as complete. The lights were not on yet but the track is really good. I was especially impressed with the pit lane. The only disappointment as there were only 20 guys. I was toying with the idea of getting another 1/8 since it is fairly close to here i live but i am a little hesitant now. hat has the turnout been during the series?
Old 09-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DG Designs
I went by tonight to check it out since i had not been there since it as complete. The lights were not on yet but the track is really good. I was especially impressed with the pit lane. The only disappointment as there were only 20 guys. I was toying with the idea of getting another 1/8 since it is fairly close to here i live but i am a little hesitant now. hat has the turnout been during the series?
No need to hesitate . I think there were 96 entries for the first night of the series. Not sure how much on the second week, but it was probably 80 or so. We should see a nice turnout next weekend. Good fun.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
The only disappointment as there were only 20 guys. I was toying with the idea of getting another 1/8 since it is fairly close to here i live but i am a little hesitant now. hat has the turnout been during the series?
The turn-out was low probably because the JBRL race is this weekend. Get a car, the races normally have good turn-outs.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

That makes sense. didn't know it was a JBRL weekend.
Old 09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CRT.5 Racer
I try to race at ARC as often as possible, and like everyone else, my biggest gripe is not being able to view results in a timely fashion.

If Dan is having difficulty getting the results posted, its just a matter of asking for help. Jeff has already offered to post photos of the heat sheets, but the program already saves them as PDF files. How hard is it to upload those to the site and post the links to them? It could be crudely done in a matter of minutes.

I can deal with the dusty pit area, the same track for an extended period, the constant assault from the local wildlife, the higher than normal race fees, but the lack of posted results is begining to get really irritating.

My .02, take it for worth it's worth. You opinion may vary.

can i meet u there @ the track so that i can get the rest of the money you owe me?? or at least hand me the buggy u never shipped me.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I was wondering about the Slash class. Is it a spec stock class or....?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skidmark77
I was wondering about the Slash class. Is it a spec stock class or....?
It's pretty open. I run a 3s LiPo and a brushless motor, but it only really helps on the straight and over some jumps. The tires limit traction so much it's hard to put the power down without spinning out.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

About the Slash class, how long can everyone run for? Maybe we could get 8 minute mains? Also, of the guys that run them, is anyone down for side by side starting for the main? With full fenders covering our tires we can't really tangle, I think it'd be a lot of fun. Or a rolling start, go on the tone!. There's a lot of room to experiment with this class, we should make the most of it. Triple mains and no qualifying , first to finish 8 laps, run the track backwards (that would really even it out, since no one could clear the jumps!), these are just some options. Any opinions or ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.