Wiki Posts
Search

Team Corally RDX Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sohlman
Does anyone have any suggestions on a 19T asphalt setup? Here's my setup from last weekend. Felt great but I was dragging the chassis in the high speed corners. Also, the rear was a little loose coming out of 180s on the power. Thanks in advance.
You should try Jeff Brown's asphalt set up available at www.corallyusa.com. It is an awesome starting point and possibly could be what you are looking for. Try it as written, then after you are comfortable with it change it to suit you.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

With the new arms and 2 hole narrow rear uprights, what settings would you use to keep the rear of the car equal to the old arms with the shocks all the way out on the standard extensions? I want to get the added strength of the new arms without changing my setup so I can get a feel for how different they might feel, if at all.

Hopefully some of the new stuff gets run in Vegas. The setup sheets you guys provide are invaluable, but they're starting to get a little bit outdated with all the new parts that are coming out and being used. I'm especially curious about the new shock pistons, and Jeff's earlier prediction about people going back to 1.1 and .9 for carpet.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Default new arms and toe

The original release of the new arms had 1 degree of toe by default for the rear arms... can someone confirm if the current release of new arms still has this 'feature'?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:00 PM
SJP
Tech Adept

Another quick (New Arm) Question.

Does the new arms alter the wheel base length in comparison to the old ones?

Cheers
Scott
Old 08-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
With the new arms and 2 hole narrow rear uprights, what settings would you use to keep the rear of the car equal to the old arms with the shocks all the way out on the standard extensions? I want to get the added strength of the new arms without changing my setup so I can get a feel for how different they might feel, if at all.

Hopefully some of the new stuff gets run in Vegas. The setup sheets you guys provide are invaluable, but they're starting to get a little bit outdated with all the new parts that are coming out and being used. I'm especially curious about the new shock pistons, and Jeff's earlier prediction about people going back to 1.1 and .9 for carpet.
Well, the inner hole on the new arm is the stock position for the hingepin. If you put it in the outer hole you will quickly find the CVD's are not long enough. I am building a new car for Vegas and I will probably put the new arms on with the hubs.

The setups are not really outdated, they are fast and win. We just have new options we need to test to see what will work. I am planning putting the 1.1mm pistons in my car for Vegas.

Jeff
Old 08-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
The original release of the new arms had 1 degree of toe by default for the rear arms... can someone confirm if the current release of new arms still has this 'feature'?
The new arms never had toe built into them from everything I understood. It would not make sense to do that. The latest batch we received should be straight as well.

Jeff
Old 08-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SJP
Another quick (New Arm) Question.

Does the new arms alter the wheel base length in comparison to the old ones?

Cheers
Scott
No, they do not.

Jeff
Old 08-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Jeff Brown with the answers to all questions!!

It hot down there yet?

EA
Old 08-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Hot in FL, surely you jest
Old 08-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Just lay a new front or rear arm on top of an old style arm to see the differences in the placements of the holes. That should show you the way.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jeff,

Can you post an updated setup sheet on the Corally USA website that has the hole positions on the new arms? I still get cross-eyed looking at the old setup sheets.

Many thanks.

Bill
Old 08-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big Rigg
can anyone else comment? i have experienced this also. I was running the 2 degree hubs -and for some reason.... had 3 degrees of toe with equal shimming on the front and back arm mount.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Jeff Brown with the answers to all questions!!

It hot down there yet?

EA
Hot........ Hot?! LOL...... I don't leave the shop during the day.

Jeff
Old 08-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Jeff,

Can you post an updated setup sheet on the Corally USA website that has the hole positions on the new arms? I still get cross-eyed looking at the old setup sheets.

Many thanks.

Bill
I'll try and work on that. The setup sheets are created overseas usually but I could probably do it. The problem now is will everyone be using the new arms? haha.

The new arm holes are as follows..........

Outside = X-long SRC extension
Middle = Standard extension
Inside = No extension on old arm

The front arm holes are as follows......

Outside = new 4th hole
Inside = outside hole from old arm

Jeff
Old 08-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

And just to clarify, with the new arms and new 2 hole narrow rear hubs on the inside hole, we will need to use the regular hexes to make width and not the narrow ones? With the new front arms, the shimming/hex combo stays the same to make width, right? I guess I could just lay the arms on top of the others like someone said, but it's good to get it out here for everybody else to see.

Thanks for the info Jeff. The current setup sheets are great, it's just getting a little more tricky now with all the new options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.