Search
Like Tree50Likes

Schumacher Mission FT - S2 - Kit (FWD)

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
are the stock springs ok for med to high traction black carpet?
on medium black crc they were good
Old 11-23-2020, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

About half way through a Mission build. I've noticed there is some side to side (lateral) movement of the gear diff. I installed the provided shim on the left hand side before the bearing. Is this lateral movement normal to your builds?
Old 12-16-2020, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

What servo actually fits this chassis? I have a Turnigy TGY-4409MD but it is still too tall.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SteveM
What servo actually fits this chassis? I have a Turnigy TGY-4409MD but it is still too tall.
any low profile will fit like the savox
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Finally, our local track re-opened after a 6 months closure. And that gave a good opportunity to run the new Mission FT that was race ready since November.
I tried it back to back in complete kit mode against the MTS FFV3, that is set up well on our track.
The Schumacher drives really well on the still dusty asphalt . I use the Europe standard Ride tires and HW ETS combo on 4.5.

First impression is that the Mission FT lacks some traction out of tight corners, the stability in the large high speed corners is very good. After about 100 laps (20sec) we inspected the car, and no issues at all were found. We made some minor adjustments to camber and toe in.
The laptimes between the MTS and the Mission are very equal. The MTS is still faster in a single lap (just 0.1 sec !), and the Mission FT was king of consistency. No more then 0.2 sec laptime difference over a ten minutes run, in the end that counts.

The MTS has a weight distribution of 70/30%, while the Mission is at 60/40%. That gives an explanation for the traction and corner speed difference.

After about 200 laps (over an hour run time) the front tires still works, but the laptime are up about 0.2 sec. The front tire wear on the Schumacher is definitely higher than on the MTS.
Another interesting finding is that on the front motor MTS you can still use very old front tires as long as the rear tires are still good, on the Mission it looks to be the opposite. As soon as the front tires get a bit worn the lap times go up.

So far it was a nice first training day.
sosidge and rcguyfpr like this.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Very recently stumbled upon the Mission FT looking for a replacement for my Tamiya FF-03. Price is right, figured why not. Loved how the kit build is set up. Used a Tekin 13.5 G4/RS Gen3 system. I run with a group in a parking garage so I don't exactly race it competitively. Car is absolutely amazing compared to the old FF-03. I did lose the dog bone pin and set screw unfortunately.
Old 07-05-2021, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

does any one have a black carpet med traction. setup
Old 07-06-2021, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Whats the general consensus for front diff fluids?
Whats everyone finding to work best/ideal for the FWD?

Thanks
Old 07-24-2021, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default Droop settings

Box set says 21mm & 22mm droop.
can some on explain where they take there measurements from,?
Old 07-24-2021, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hotrod306
Box set says 21mm & 22mm droop.
can some on explain where they take there measurements from,?
its measuring to the drive axle
Old 07-26-2021, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Have hit 2 issues building this kit, the first is binding on the main pulley - solved this easily enough with a couple of shims and a little thread lock on the screw used to secure everything.

Second issue I can't solve, looks like the holes for the front suspension blocks are slightly out of alignment, so the suspension pins are at the incorrect angle and it's impossible to mount the front block (well I could but it would definitely bend the pins!) :-( looks like I need to order a replacement chassis, hopefully Schumacher will just be able to post me out a new one....
Old 07-27-2021, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BuggyFan21
Second issue I can't solve, looks like the holes for the front suspension blocks are slightly out of alignment, so the suspension pins are at the incorrect angle and it's impossible to mount the front block (well I could but it would definitely bend the pins!) :-( looks like I need to order a replacement chassis, hopefully Schumacher will just be able to post me out a new one....
You have the front block upside down (you are not the only one who had done that) the small 2 degree number must be up. Then the hing pins are paralel. Also see page 37 of the manual.

Last edited by ErikJan; 07-27-2021 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

-
Old 07-27-2021, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ErikJan
You have the front block upside down (you are not the only one who had done that) the small 2 degree number must be up. Then the hing pins are paralel. Also see page 37 of the manual.
Sorry should have been clearer - it's not the FF block that the problem, its the split FR blocks
Old 07-28-2021, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ErikJan
Finally, our local track re-opened after a 6 months closure. And that gave a good opportunity to run the new Mission FT that was race ready since November.
I tried it back to back in complete kit mode against the MTS FFV3, that is set up well on our track.
The Schumacher drives really well on the still dusty asphalt . I use the Europe standard Ride tires and HW ETS combo on 4.5.

First impression is that the Mission FT lacks some traction out of tight corners, the stability in the large high speed corners is very good. After about 100 laps (20sec) we inspected the car, and no issues at all were found. We made some minor adjustments to camber and toe in.
The laptimes between the MTS and the Mission are very equal. The MTS is still faster in a single lap (just 0.1 sec !), and the Mission FT was king of consistency. No more then 0.2 sec laptime difference over a ten minutes run, in the end that counts.
did you run sway bars? What setup did you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.