Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Mission FT - S2 - Kit (FWD) >

Schumacher Mission FT - S2 - Kit (FWD)

Like Tree42Likes

Schumacher Mission FT - S2 - Kit (FWD)

Old 10-14-2020, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 226 (100%+)
Default Schumacher Mission FT - S2 - Kit (FWD)

www.racing-cars.com

Old 10-14-2020, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

That looks alright, budget in mind :O

Marco you going to do Fwd now orrrr lol?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh here we go! Will FWD be a hit or flop in Florida? I will keep a close eye on it. I do like the thought of running them. What is the standard motor in this class?
Old 10-14-2020, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
Oh here we go! Will FWD be a hit or flop in Florida? I will keep a close eye on it. I do like the thought of running them. What is the standard motor in this class?
motiv 21.5 usgt motor
Rick Vessell and Brian10811 like this.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525 View Post
That looks alright, budget in mind :O

Marco you going to do Fwd now orrrr lol?
willing to try it again
Old 10-14-2020, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Honestly, I like the hatchback bodies that have come out for this class. It might be fun if it gets more of a following. Might be even more fun to throw a mod motor in one of these. 😛
Old 10-15-2020, 12:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I like this, a lot. Reminds me of some of Schumy's cars from the 90's. Checking the website the spares also look really cheap. Anyone got any more info? Were these known about for a while or is this a bit of a suprise release?
Old 10-15-2020, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andy_F View Post
I like this, a lot. Reminds me of some of Schumy's cars from the 90's. Checking the website the spares also look really cheap. Anyone got any more info? Were these known about for a while or is this a bit of a suprise release?
Well I wouldn't be surprised if some of the parts date back to the 90s! The Mission platform is from the early noughties, and may well include a few parts from the SST series in the 90s.

This is a surprise release to me, I had heard rumours that Schumacher weren't going to release a frontie because they weren't happy with what they could do with an Mi7-based car. Interesting to see that they have gone down a different route. It's a unique electrics layout.

Look forward to seeing how this "old" design keeps up with the more modern cars. You never know, if might be the car to beat!
SteveM and TeamThibault like this.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
Well I wouldn't be surprised if some of the parts date back to the 90s! The Mission platform is from the early noughties, and may well include a few parts from the SST series in the 90s.

This is a surprise release to me, I had heard rumours that Schumacher weren't going to release a frontie because they weren't happy with what they could do with an Mi7-based car. Interesting to see that they have gone down a different route. It's a unique electrics layout.

Look forward to seeing how this "old" design keeps up with the more modern cars. You never know, if might be the car to beat!
mine should be shipping today hope to have it early next week
Rick Vessell and Mitamiya like this.
Old 10-15-2020, 06:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all: This new release by Schumacher got me thinking few things. First what is the appeal of a front wheel drive car? Also Do front we cars handle and or perform better than 4wd ones? Finally is this all just marketing and trying to make a buck on any companies current platform? Thanks...🤔😎🐝
Old 10-15-2020, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

I have to admit, this new release came as a surprise and doesn't seem to have the appeal of any of the other FWD on the market today. Schumacher hasn't done much of anything lately and this effort seems half baked and looks like someone found a box of old 90's Mission sedan parts in the far corner of the warehouse and cobbled up a car using as many old bits as possible. Maybe they had an internal employee contest to see who can re-use old outdated bits to make a new chassis as a way to rid themselves of old stock. I don't know, and maybe time will tell and I'm wrong, but doesn't seem like their best effort.
OSherman likes this.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey all: This new release by Schumacher got me thinking few things. First what is the appeal of a front wheel drive car? Also Do front we cars handle and or perform better than 4wd ones? Finally is this all just marketing and trying to make a buck on any companies current platform? Thanks...🤔😎🐝
I've been racing front wheel drive for a while (minis and now touring cars). It's a lot of fun. Because you have less traction, the cars are a bit gentler out of the corners, you are less likely to get in trouble so the racing can be really close. They have a much more "scale" driving feel than a point-and-shoot 4wd touring car. The bodies are more scale as well. The cars are not as fast as 4wd.

The only issue I've had with them is that they are very dependent on rear grip, because there is less weight over the rear and no power going through the rear tyres, if the tyres don't hook up, they can be trickier than a 4wd car would be in the same conditions. Normally on a mini you run a soft rear compound tyre but on a 190mm frontie we are usually running the same control tyre on all four corners.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 10-15-2020, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
They handle differently. If by "better" you mean faster, then the answer is usually no. I find the handling more fun though.
AngryRog likes this.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
I have to admit, this new release came as a surprise and doesn't seem to have the appeal of any of the other FWD on the market today. Schumacher hasn't done much of anything lately and this effort seems half baked and looks like someone found a box of old 90's Mission sedan parts in the far corner of the warehouse and cobbled up a car using as many old bits as possible. Maybe they had an internal employee contest to see who can re-use old outdated bits to make a new chassis as a way to rid themselves of old stock. I don't know, and maybe time will tell and I'm wrong, but doesn't seem like their best effort.
Honestly, this is one of the reasons I like the look of it, but then again I prefer old kits. What it does mean however is that it is very simple to work on and tune. Having checked the manual, there is a lot of adjustability by moving clips and spacers without having to disassemble. Infinitely adjustable rear toe without changing blocks is also a plus for me. Also remember this is a cheap kit for what is supposed to be an easily accessible class. Looks like it does that well to me - but at the end of the day it will have to perform adequately also. Either way, as long as there's no glaring issues reported from the first batch I'll be getting one in the not too distant future.

In terms of FWD as a class, I really like the more realistic bodies. I dislike the modern TC bubble bodies but accept I have to use them to stay competitive. I also like MTC for the bodies but the class is a little sparse.
kiwiazbro likes this.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
They had a number of Prototypes running over the last 4-5 months trying lots of variations. Including stuff based directly off their latest Touring Car. This thing apparently worked the best.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.