Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrash?? I think NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 11:45 PM
pne
Tech Adept

what do you mean a toy? 1/8th buggies are in a class all their own for durablility and speed. no other rc can touch them for their versatility. they are better jumpers than monster trucks, more durable than gt's, and can give some onroads a run for their money. you can get that truck to go as fast as you want if you dump a wad of cash into it. but it wont be half as durable as a stock 1/8th

btw, dont let the brand bother you dude. i wouldnt win a race just because i had nikes on. i owned the duratrax evader for my first truck and it was a blast. replacement parts were free under warentee, and if i had gotten another truck with all its features i would be spending a good 2-3 times more. dont judge a product merely by the label people slap on it. for example, is the ofna gt lx pro really a buggy that pro's use? no.
Old 06-24-2003, 11:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by DR RushQuake PH
I ve been competeing for 6 years, I would know. I was in the .12 Truck a class for 3 years now. Beleive, I know what I have on my hands, and its a beast I really dont car what anyone here says, again, I have driven all the other buggies you are refering to and know exactly how they compare to the axis. Im hardly running at a little track. People from New york, NJ, PA and all over come to our track. There arent many out here....
If you have driven all of the other buggies we are referring to, why did you end up with an axis?
Old 06-25-2003, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Im just going to say that if the Axis is SUCH a good buggy why dont all the Pro drivers(not just sponsered ones) drive and Axis.

If you can explain this i will be content

Last edited by Johnny J; 06-25-2003 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:14 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Duratrash?? I think NOT!

Originally posted by DR RushQuake PH
Ok I know that there are alot of Biased people here who continue to refer to any duratrax vehicle as "duratrash" well, heres my proof that they are far from trash. I took my completely stock Axis buggy to my track today. Went up against 3 Hyper 7's, and MBX Pro, 2 Mugen's and a 9.5...guess who won? I did, me and my "Duratrash Axis" 100% stock except for 17mm wheel hubs and TRC tires and wheels, jumping well over 9 feet, not a thing broken. After that I went home where there is a cop that catches speeders by our street...had him clock me....53.987mph yes completely stock.
Ok, Im bragging here and getting rude, but I just want ed to KILL any beleives that duratrax products are junk.

Anyone agree?
So who on this forum is calling Duratraxx Duratrash, maybe that's where you need to take this subject, aye? Sure their buggy may be competitive but I can tell you this, their quality is not near as great as say Kyosho's-the same company that manufactures Duratraxes, see Duratrax is in the business to make money from the people who don't have the adequate funds(YOUNGER GENERATION) and also those that are just getting into the hobby for the first time and don't want to spend $1000(BEGINNER'S) because they know there will always be these two types of groups in the hobby which will bring money to their company. You following. To me, no one here is saying Duratrax is Durash*t we are just implying that Kyosho's and Mugen's are better quality products-it's a fact. Duratraxx is cool but you know what, I rather spend the extra dollars and get a Kyosho. Hey isn't this kinda like comparing an GEO metro to a Chevrolet Camaro, I know, they're both no longer made but it's the same differance, they're both General Motors products.

Last edited by webspinner; 06-25-2003 at 02:17 AM.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry, I dont get that at all. I have a thundertiger EB-4 as well as my axis. Im not saying that my Axis is any better than the EB-4 I just wish more people would give it a chance. Just because I have driven the other buggies your referring to doesnt mean I own them. My Dad Works AT DIY on "Radio Control Hobbies" If I go into work with him, I can drive around the cars they have there. And they have almost all of them in the supply room. Just to show that Im not kidding.

Why to I feel alot of anger here?

oh, Racer6888 I agree on the Exterminator. I think its a great buggy, in fact it won RC CARS RTR buggy shootout. If you want more speed out of that buggy, add 2 more teeth to your clutch bell. The engine definitly has enough torque to turn it, and you will gain a few more MPH
Old 06-25-2003, 10:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm not angry in the least, I think it's funny. In fact, I have never heard the name duratrash in the past...
Old 06-25-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

That is pretty funny...I never heard anyone say Duratrash either. The track I go to, everybody brings all kinds of cars but nobody says anything nasty about anyone else's equipment.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...73471795qQzlwD
Old 06-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Nice collection, you seem to really be into dirt!
Old 06-25-2003, 12:50 PM
Tech Rookie

DuraTrash, DuraCrap, Duratrax, either way I still hate the company with a pashion.
Old 06-25-2003, 12:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by NoPepsiForYou
DuraTrash, DuraCrap, Duratrax, either way I still hate the company with a pashion.
lol, that is the best post in this thread so far!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

it is?, hey thanks Dirk, ya I like off road, I need to get pics of my tempest gladiator and Razer XT, my one onroad.......
Old 06-25-2003, 01:45 PM
it
Tech Regular

Default Just keep up the goodwork

Just keep winning and you never know Duratrax will go to National's and you will be a sponsored driver for them.

Just keep proving it on the track and ignore what people say. Drive the car as much as possible, get enough practice, and join some Nationals around your area and prove them wrong about that specific manufacturer.

It would be wake up call to those people @ your track. Everytime you win especially in the 30 min. A main, then they ask you what kind of car and motor you were running. They will be suprise what is under the shell. I think you need to address this to the racers @ your track because I never read any names besides Duratrax!!

good luck!!

Last edited by it; 06-25-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Id like to do just that, if I can get there. Thats why Im trying to prove its a good buggy...for a little support, thanks IT!
Old 06-25-2003, 02:04 PM
it
Tech Regular

Default Honestly,

@ our area people will say this brand is better than the other because they never hit the track.

Once you go to a bigger track where there are a lot of competition. Most people does not talk about anyones products. Unless, the racer who is using it started telling everyone that he pick a wrong motor, car etc.

Those trash talker @ our area usually will stop talking crap once they hit one of our big tracks and usually race 15 min. main

This 15 to 45 main is not what kind of car. Its the matter of which car will run till the end of 90 degree F in 15 to 30 min.

Any car can win the race, its up to the driver how he handle his car on the track.

Imagine this if Mark Pavidis, Yuichi Kanai, or Kenji Osaka set up and race your car. They have a great potential to win not because they use a certian product. This drivers are manufacture drivers its their job to drive. They race because they are having fun and getting paid. Also, they have been driving and competing for years. They will try anything to win!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.