R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Duratrash?? I think NOT! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/19992-duratrash-i-think-not.html)

DR RushQuake PH 06-17-2003 04:48 PM

Duratrash?? I think NOT!

Ok I know that there are alot of Biased people here who continue to refer to any duratrax vehicle as "duratrash" well, heres my proof that they are far from trash. I took my completely stock Axis buggy to my track today. Went up against 3 Hyper 7's, and MBX Pro, 2 Mugen's and a 9.5...guess who won? I did, me and my "Duratrash Axis" 100% stock except for 17mm wheel hubs and TRC tires and wheels, jumping well over 9 feet, not a thing broken. After that I went home where there is a cop that catches speeders by our street...had him clock me....53.987mph yes completely stock.
Ok, Im bragging here and getting rude, but I just want ed to KILL any beleives that duratrax products are junk.

Anyone agree?:nod: :flaming:

LosiFromHell986 06-18-2003 03:44 PM

obviously not.....:lol: :D

Randy Caster 06-18-2003 03:49 PM

Any car can win if the drivers of the other cars aren't as good...

LosiFromHell986 06-18-2003 03:51 PM

Originally posted by Randman
Any car can win if the drivers of the other cars aren't as good...
The name "DuraTrash" Lives! ROFL!:lol:

Randy Caster 06-18-2003 04:18 PM

lol, I didn't really mean it like that...

DR RushQuake PH 06-18-2003 04:30 PM

I highly doubt that the other drivers were bad...:sneaky: They never crashed once and were doing 1/2 to full throttle in and out of turns. Duratrash is dead:D sorry

ROFL? Isnt that a child's comment?

losi jon 06-18-2003 10:26 PM

"ROFL? Isnt that a child's comment?"

-said the pot to the kettle....:

"I just want ed to KILL any beleives that duratrax products are junk"

ease up man, they were just having some fun,just enjoy your ride and don't listen to the negatives..

happy racing and continued good luck!!

Randy Caster 06-19-2003 08:21 AM

I never said the other drivers were bad, I said they werent as good. I think the nicnkame duratrash would propably come from using cheaper components that will break easier than other cars, not from it's track performance (although you will get better performance out of a competition buggy)

DR RushQuake PH 06-19-2003 09:13 AM

That makes no sense though, the fact that I made this post, was to disprove that rumor. Nothing has ever broken for me, nor bent for that matter. I beleive that an Ofna, Mugen and mp 7.5 are competition buggies are they not?

rod_b 06-19-2003 03:45 PM

Don't get all upset. A post like yours will always get people fired up. The simple truth is that the better products end up emerging from the rest after a period of time, not just one race. After a long season or series of races, the "Competition Quality" buggies will hold up better and perform better. As for the "Duratrash" moniker...Duratrax is in the rc business to make money. They produce marginal quality products at a reasonable price to make a profit. I would venture to say that they haven't spent any amount of time or money to research and develop "race engineered" products. They copy designs of other products and skimp out on product quality to make a buck. Even if you won every race for next 5 years, Duratrax would still be looked upon as a cheap product. Congratulations on your victory, enjoy what you have.

DR RushQuake PH 06-19-2003 04:07 PM

They copy designs of other products and skimp out on product quality to make a buck.

Nitro Evader? That is a race quality vehicle a copy? How? How is the axis, maximum series and any other of their vehicles a copy? and of what?

LosiFromHell986 06-19-2003 05:44 PM

Nitro Evader? That is a race quality vehicle a copy? How?
Actually, I beleive it's a Losi XXXT with a nitro motor dropped in it? or is it a XXXNT copy? Anywho, it's a losi copy.

BTW don't people say "DuraCRAP"?

DR RushQuake PH 06-19-2003 05:48 PM

No, I hear Duratrash, it rhymes better. I dont beleive that a nitro evader is a copy of a xxxt. Looks nothing like it, if you beleive that then you would be saying that every other stadium truck is junk and a hackneyed idea right? Then the only original truck would be a rush? I doubt that tho

Peter Busch 06-19-2003 07:02 PM

Every one of these threads gets turned into who copied who. :lol:

Randy Caster 06-19-2003 07:08 PM

Originally posted by spongebob
Every one of these threads gets turned into who copied who. :lol:
lol :lol: