Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
But a much better price than 148usd.......
Since when do you care? You dont even drive a Serpent.

Originally Posted by ast
How the f$** can kami charge me $148.40 , and then 1 day later somone is selling it for $87 wow i glad i never brought it off them
When you add all the shipping cost to the U.S. from the factory that price is very good, and all the support you get from Kamikaze. This other guy is in Hong Kong, his shiping is cost is not a lot.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ast
How the f$** can kami charge me $148.40 , and then 1 day later somone is selling it for $87 wow i glad i never brought it off them
You can't blame Kamikaze for that. His price is set by Serpent America.

The HK dealers are getting their stuff out the back door of the mfg in China who makes the parts for Serpent. These parts are outside the distribution network of Serpent NL. It is problem that Serpent needs to handle.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by YR4Dude

The HK dealers are getting their stuff out the back door of the mfg in China who makes the parts for Serpent. These parts are outside the distribution network of Serpent NL. It is problem that Serpent needs to handle.
Yep, black market
Old 08-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nitrodude
When you add all the shipping cost to the U.S. from the factory that price is very good, and all the support you get from Kamikaze. This other guy is in Hong Kong, his shiping is cost is not a lot.
I want to add that these parts were avalable at the shop within 2 weeks of the Worlds where it was introduced. Usually this kind of expediency doesn't happen with new products. For it to be available like this, air freight from the mfg is involved. That adds a lot to the product cost which has to be passed to the consumer. Obviously, the dealers over there in China don't have to worry about air freight, customs and duty to get the product on their shelves.

If you choose to support the HK dealers, then do so at your own risk. I've heard many stories from fellow racers who've had issues with HK dealers in regards to warranty and customer service. That is something which is never a problem with a trusted dealer like Kamikaze.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I want to add that these parts were avalable at the shop within 2 weeks of the Worlds where it was introduced. Usually this kind of expediency doesn't happen with new products. For it to be available like this, air freight from the mfg is involved. That adds a lot to the product cost which has to be passed to the consumer. Obviously, the dealers over there in China don't have to worry about air freight, customs and duty to get the product on their shelves.

If you choose to support the HK dealers, then do so at your own risk. I've heard many stories from fellow racers who've had issues with HK dealers in regards to warranty and customer service. That is something which is never a problem with a trusted dealer like Kamikaze.
The problem is the same between France and America. If i choose to support the US dealers, then do so at my own risk.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by foch78
The problem is the same between France and America. If i choose to support the US dealers, then do so at my own risk.
If you call or e-mail Kamikaze he WILL help you, its not at your own risk with Sam, no matter what country you order from.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by foch78
Honestly I wouldn't buy anything from France either. Same difference.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That's a killer deal!
it is used or new?? sorry...I'm thinking about going nitro again..I used to have the Xary NT1..thanks...
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Today updated fixed price $119 W/Free Shipping
Old 08-19-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
Today updated fixed price $119 W/Free Shipping
lol.

is roll centre adjustable on the dls? it looks as it is fixed in 1 position.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiL_JaSoN
lol.

is roll centre adjustable on the dls? it looks as it is fixed in 1 position.
had 2 holes !
Old 08-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Think again.
It's mostly the local importers / distributors.

I am a dealer who has the full Serpent, Xceed, Mega and Max portfolio.

Just an example: The Xceed LiPo regulator has an MSRP of €51!! here in Germany.
The Italian Serpent importer (Fabio Domanin) is selling those for € 25. Same distance, taxes and freight cost for both countries.

That's 10 bucks less than what I pay as a dealer.

Same goes for many other parts.

Soem people just want to get rich quickly
Old 08-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Since when do you care? You dont even drive a Serpent.

Shipping cost are peanuts.

I have shipped from and to US in containers, just as Serpent does from China and it costs about $ 1000 to move a 40 ft container overseas.
Now, break this down on all the single parts you can stuff into a 40 ft container and you are talking cents.

My entire household with two cars was shipped in two 40 footers for $ 1980 from Charleston to Germany.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stefan
Think again.
It's mostly the local importers / distributors.

I am a dealer who has the full Serpent, Xceed, Mega and Max portfolio.

Just an example: The Xceed LiPo regulator has an MSRP of €51!! here in Germany.
The Italian Serpent importer (Fabio Domanin) is selling those for € 25. Same distance, taxes and freight cost for both countries.

That's 10 bucks less than what I pay as a dealer.

Same goes for many other parts.

Soem people just want to get rich quickly
So you're getting rich quick by selling at a higher price? Or are you getting screwed by your distributor because you have to sell at a high price to remain profitable for you?

Like I said, its a problem that Serpent must fix so that the costs are fair to all Serpent dealers worldwide.

Originally Posted by stefan
Shipping cost are peanuts.

I have shipped from and to US in containers, just as Serpent does from China and it costs about $ 1000 to move a 40 ft container overseas.
Now, break this down on all the single parts you can stuff into a 40 ft container and you are talking cents.

My entire household with two cars was shipped in two 40 footers for $ 1980 from Charleston to Germany.
That may be so in the past but you would have to expect product to reach the shelves about 3 months later from when it ships.

Remember, we're talking about airfreight from China to get the product on the shelves within weeks of the Worlds not months. Obviously, airfreight costs are much much more.

By the way not all containers get priority to be shipped right away. So product can take even longer to get on the shelves.
You should read this:
http://marketplace.publicradio.org/d...full-capacity/
Old 08-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Goingfast
it is used or new?? sorry...I'm thinking about going nitro again..I used to have the Xary NT1..thanks...
Talk to Serpent-Dan. Its his car.

|||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
500 takes my 733 w/Max balance and servos and pipe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.