Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: One more Pic

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
JDM: Thanks for your pic.Now I know how tidy it is and how to treat it.
Thanks T.S. your welcome

-Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

would anyone know where i can buy cuda diff's online?

just curious...

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hey TC3

Steve has (had) a TC3 and ran it for a while... Just ask him the difference between the two...

Steve won't try to sell you something you don't need or want... He always steers me away from things, because I can't drive and don't need another car or that other part that will make the car faster then I can drive...

He does just what it takes to be the fastest, not the kind of guy that needs all the pretty things, just the stuff that makes you faster.

Also this guy drives... AND I MEAN DRIVES!!! I've seen all the Big guns, back East and on the West Coast... Other than the Factory guys, he's always in the top 7... Plus he's just a REALLY NICE GUY!!! No Bull, No crap... Just a Really honest straight kinda guy.

Have a Good One!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 03-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by racer
would anyone know where i can buy cuda diff's online?

just curious...

Thanks in advance!

JET HOBBY

SpeedTech R/C

Control Center

R/C Model HK

These places would be your best shot at it

BTW the Alex Part # is 6053 Ball diff set

-Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 12:46 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by bgotori
Hey TC3

Steve has (had) a TC3 and ran it for a while... Just ask him the difference between the two...

Steve won't try to sell you something you don't need or want... He always steers me away from things, because I can't drive and don't need another car or that other part that will make the car faster then I can drive...

He does just what it takes to be the fastest, not the kind of guy that needs all the pretty things, just the stuff that makes you faster.

Also this guy drives... AND I MEAN DRIVES!!! I've seen all the Big guns, back East and on the West Coast... Other than the Factory guys, he's always in the top 7... Plus he's just a REALLY NICE GUY!!! No Bull, No crap... Just a Really honest straight kinda guy.

Have a Good One!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]

Good info and back round on Steve. Thanks Bradley

-Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Talking EXCEL short arm conversion

I posted this before..but the page is way back and got lost

good stuff

EXCEL Goodies LOOK

-Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

hey Dave,got a question for ya . On my R1...there seems to be very little droop available. With the droop screws backed all the way out...the shocks still allow for very little droop. Just looking at it....it doesn't appear the design allows for much droop anyway. Is this normal??
Old 03-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Normal

Originally posted by Evoracer
hey Dave,got a question for ya . On my R1...there seems to be very little droop available. With the droop screws backed all the way out...the shocks still allow for very little droop. Just looking at it....it doesn't appear the design allows for much droop anyway. Is this normal??
Hi Dino'

Thats normal with the "cuda"

-Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Evoracer
shimming the hexball on the arms could give you more droop...is this correct JDM??i think you might be able to squeeze in a 2mm shim or maybe 2.5??shimming the hexball would also affect rollcenter so do appropriate adjustment so not to scew up your rollcenter
Old 03-10-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
shimming the hexball on the arms could give you more droop...is this correct JDM??i think you might be able to squeeze in a 2mm shim or maybe 2.5??shimming the hexball would also affect rollcenter so do appropriate adjustment so not to scew up your rollcenter
2.5mm shimming would be the absolute limit and yes 2mm would affect rollcenter pretty big!

-Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

bgotori,

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate that By the way, you been out of R/C for a bit, but I guess you're trying to get back into it now?

racer,

we will have the complete diff and all the diff components available, I just spoke with Japan and our parts shipment is due to leave tomorrow (which means parts will arrive next Wednesday or so)

Also, we've been contacting Spooler (who is also on this forum) and I just receive one of his Barracuda R2 front spools. I will try those out, and also I will be trying out some aluminum C-hubs and rear hub carriers for the R2 soon I'll keep you guys posted.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-10-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedTech

Also, we've been contacting Spooler (who is also on this forum) and I just receive one of his Barracuda R2 front spools. I will try those out, and also I will be trying out some aluminum C-hubs and rear hub carriers for the R2 soon I'll keep you guys posted.

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com

Great news !!!!!!!

Damn Steve you keep all of us Barracuda guys drooling for more!

-Dave
Old 03-10-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

The spool would be interesting to try, not even seen one used here in Scotland, may work quite well indoors if I've read correctly on how it handles.

Put the money for my cuda in the bank yesterday, should take a couple days to get in, just in time for the cuda

Had some big car troubles now though smashed the front end in from hitting the back of soone at about 10mph or less. Her bumper looks like it needs aslight paint touch up, my weak as a wet paper bag Rover Metro needs a new headlight, new bonnet (hood for those in the US), bumper has been pushed back three inches at one side so it jutts out into the wheel arch, and the passengers door doesn''t open far hinting at some bent bodywork behind the front wing, the wing itself looks fine. I've decided I want something a bit bigger and therefore stronger, quite scary to think what a little car like that would look like after a crash at even 30mph
Old 03-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey freshjive,
Thanks for the help....funny you mentioned shims. This car, which is used and I just bought it, has a shim mounted behind each diff where the hex balls are. Do not know there size. It appears they were made from some excess carbon material. I believe this car was used on carpet so I'm assuming this is a typical carpet roll mod setup. I only run asphalt. Should I remove the shims??

Last edited by Evoracer; 03-11-2003 at 05:31 AM.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: EXCEL short arm conversion

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I posted this before..but the page is way back and got lost

good stuff

EXCEL Goodies LOOK

-Dave
21800yen..........
If I add 8000yen more,I can get a R2 kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.