Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by BaxterC
I think it should be fine then. How were the bearings? I am sure that f you run it, it should be ok... better than buying a new engine 'ey
Bearings seemed ok - I compared them to the ones in my RE engine and they seemed the same. I cleaned them out and re-oiled them, so there'll be no little bits of metal floating around in there.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by markp27
Bearings seemed ok - I compared them to the ones in my RE engine and they seemed the same. I cleaned them out and re-oiled them, so there'll be no little bits of metal floating around in there.

Cheers, Mark.
Now I feel better for you. I was feeling down for you as it is hard to lose a beloved little nitro engine... such a beauty, then it spits bits at you...
Old 05-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Now I feel better for you. I was feeling down for you as it is hard to lose a beloved little nitro engine... such a beauty, then it spits bits at you...
I'm going to try to go to the track tomorrow after work - all depends upon whether I can get a glow plug from my LHS. If not I have to wait until my last order turns up
Old 05-24-2004, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to try to go to the track tomorrow after work - all depends upon whether I can get a glow plug from my LHS. If not I have to wait until my last order turns up
IO wish you the best of luck!!!
Old 05-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Just a small correction though "Birds of a feather flock together"
Apologies for my adulterated version !
Old 05-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Get a few as spare. Never know you need them on the track.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Originally posted by InitialD
Apologies for my adulterated version !
No problem - no offence meant BTW - just the saying is written in an older english and isn't so obvious how it should be written.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Get a few as spare. Never know you need them on the track.
I've got loads of spares for my glass car - seeing as it breaks so easy, but strangely enough, I've not had to replace anything yet Dear UncleD, what am I doing wrong - obviously I don't know how to drive this car properly - please help
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Fortunately, the big pieces of metal stayed in the bottom of the engine and only damaged parts of the casing - shouldn't affect the engine much.
The piston land sleave looked like they had small scratches on them, but I think this was more the brass colouring from the sleave due to the run-in cycle.

I just need to get it fired up on the bench and then see how it behaves.
Hope it goes alright for you mark! i know how it feels, like when i went through the drama with my max but everything was ok and im sure yours will be
Old 05-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by KevinS
Ey... Baanbrekers. I know that track from a game!

Maybe a good tip for everyone; if you want to virtually drive on 5 Dutch tracks, including MACH, go to www.bigscaleracing.com and order the game.
You can also download the demo which features only one track, which is the track closest to where I live. One drawback... you'll be driving those sluggish lawnmowers.

Oh and another thing... I may be getting my hands on a MTX-3 soon. Does anyone want to buy it for $55?
Yep Baanbrekers leuke baan.

I've played the demo and yes you're right it's sluggish with the lawnmowers and it's not that nice as a game but you can learn all the tracks.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Herbie, remember that to break in an engine, you should be doing it fast. It will give you a great FAST engine. but remember to heat cycle it. you should be ok though.
Well at 146 Celsius it's heat cycled pretty much I must say

It's still has compression but it isn't superb anymore. Also blown 3 glowplugs but I think I had the wrong ones. Too hot needed a 6 or a 7 instead of a 5.

I'll see how it goes at our clubrace coming weekend. First one with the new 710. Think I only drive the 710 and not the 950r but who knows maybe I drive them both
Old 05-25-2004, 02:27 AM

I will give you 60$ if it has an engine. I need a backyard basher.
For S710? I`m ok with no engine at that price... but willing to pay $750 for all 10pcs at once to start up R/C rent a car business, that would be fun

Last edited by Pyramid; 05-25-2004 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Originally posted by jfc_tech
The chatroom intro is in Bahasa malaysia??
I almost got lost there....forgotten what is "katalaluan"...end up looking thru dictionary...="password"

i was in at 10:45am...alone
Aiiye, next time click on the flag of the country whose language you understand ma ...

Your fast 2 finger typing must have clicked on the Indonesian flag loh.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Herbie
Well at 146 Celsius it's heat cycled pretty much I must say

It's still has compression but it isn't superb anymore. Also blown 3 glowplugs but I think I had the wrong ones. Too hot needed a 6 or a 7 instead of a 5.

I'll see how it goes at our clubrace coming weekend. First one with the new 710. Think I only drive the 710 and not the 950r but who knows maybe I drive them both
If you're engine is a turbo engine, get the 6TF glow plug - look at all the team driver setups for the 710 - they virtually all use them.

I don't think I could cope if I were racing in two classes
Old 05-25-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tight track engine

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Aiiye, next time click on the flag of the country whose language you understand ma ...

Your fast 2 finger typing must have clicked on the Indonesian flag loh.
Hey Sow, can you edit the software for the chat room - or get some other features - think we found out pretty quick we need a function to boot someone out or block comments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.