HYPER 7 TQ - PBS front end upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HYPER 7 TQ - PBS front end upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default HYPER 7 TQ - PBS front end upgrade?

Will the PBS arms and other gear bolt straight onto the Hyper 7 TQ mounts?

I want to do this as the TQ knuckles keep stripping the thread and I loose upright/C-Hub screws during races..

Can I just buy the arms, uprights, and bolt on?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone done this?
Old 03-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

basically you need the upper and lower arms along with the uprights. You shouldnt have any problems fitting everything on. Are you stripping the knuckles?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

You are better keeping with the c hub front. It handles the rough much better and has more steering..
Old 03-07-2007, 11:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Genius
basically you need the upper and lower arms along with the uprights. You shouldnt have any problems fitting everything on. Are you stripping the knuckles?
Thanks Genius and MadRacer.

I am stripping the lower upright threads, and loosing the screws during races. I've tried tight, not overtight, and tried red and blue loctite.

Our track has been redone, so the jumps might be a little easier on the landing.

This is the 2nd time I've heard stick with C-Hubs, but my mate with the PCR has no problems with the PBS setup.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

The reason I ask is because the TQ comes with a different version knuckles from the older hyper7 models, these are supposedly lighter and thinner. Some batches did have a tendency to strip. you might wanna check for the old version knuckles, or get the PCR knuckles, or get a pair from a hyper 8 which should fit if im not mistaken. I ran the c hub version for 3 years, loved it!
Old 03-08-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah I heard there were at least 2 versions, newer had a bit of bracing to stop outright breakage..

when you say PCR knuckles, aren't they PBS? like my mates PCR.

and yes I haven't ran it for months, but I loved it too! (dun worry it was doused with after run, and is very nice inside the block)
Old 03-08-2007, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

PCR made knuckles for the hyper 7. the pcr-pbs is just a different version of the hyper 7. i attached a picture of the pcr knuckles
Attached Thumbnails HYPER 7 TQ - PBS front end upgrade?-19718%2520copy.jpg  
Old 03-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Rookie

ahh good stuff, are they less prone to breaking and/or stripping the threads than the TQ silver alloy knuckles?

Will they fit the TQ C-HUB?
Old 03-09-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Regular

Old 03-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

they should fit in without any problems at all. from my experience they're very solid. they havent failed on me yet.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

honestly i would go with the pbs suspention. it a good setup and you cant bash it beacuse mugen mbx5 usues it and is a amazing buggy with many big wins under it belt. so... . i am pretty sure u can actualy get a conversion kit form ofna that has every hting you need.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I raced my hyper pbs pro for year.

The problem with the hyper pbs system is that it does not give enough steering lock.Yes the mugen has a good pivot ball set up as does my TTR S3 . Where these set ups seem the same they are not. The main area is the eye where the ball sits in. On my TTR this is a lot different. The hyper uses more of a cage set up in the socket. If you look at the different versions you will see.
Rule of thumb is a pbs is slightly better for a smooth fast tracks and a c hub is better for rough tracks. Kyosho have never built there buggys with a pbs. I now have a Hyper 8 and handles way better with a c hub.
Anyway just my experiance im not knocking any syestem its just the reason why i sold my 7 pbs. The Hyper 8 is great.