Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

HI does the r3 come with a front-one-way or a diff?

Cheers Chazz
Old 07-22-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

It comes with a front one way. You have to buy the diff separately.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi some were in tis forum i thought some one said there was an r4 coming out? If so does anyone know as if i do buy an r3 i don't want to know an r4 is coming round in a month.

Cheers Chazz
Old 07-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

JDM (Dave) is our inside info over in Japan. He has many connection with Alex Racing. He said the R4 isn't even off the drawing board yet. It's a good year before we see anything on it. Besides Alex, unlike all the other companies, change very little with in the cars so many of the parts interchange within the cars. You cannot go wrong with a R3. Awesome car. Very durrable and very fast.
Old 07-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

How much droop are you guys running on indoor carpet with foam set-ups ........ ?

I been using 2mm on the front and 3mm rear

thats upward travel from where the suspension settles at rest !
Old 07-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Thank you Nismo
Old 07-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

usually
1.5-2 up front
2-3 rear
Old 07-22-2004, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Had a very stable if alittle slow set-up last week and came 2nd in the Stock A main

So i threw in that 1 Way you sent over Dave to try this week

Haven't altered any of the rest of my set-up so hopefully that'll make the front alittle more aggressive and speed up the car through the infield !!
Old 07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Dave ,

Just been told i'll have your bulkheads returned to me tomorrow night completed

I'll post a pic or 2 when i have them expect that to be after midnight tomorrow
Old 07-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by seaball
dave,

could do that, but the car already spins for like 8-10 secs with rubber tires on it (i run small foams)! i have driven cars that are more bound up on the bench, but are fine on the track. infact, my tc3 is not currently as free as the cuda. i should go over it again, but i am skeptical that the bearings are binding or roached.

if that all checks out, what would be another reason for this? i am meticulous with the car, and it is nothing so obvious such as a mechanical interference. it seems to be dynamic, under load. it's not so obvious that we look at it and something looks wrong. it just looks weak in areas where hard accelleration is required. we've seen other chassis exihibit the same characteristics on carpet, and everyone's first thought is that the chassis flexes too much. this should not be the case here as i have a custom 3mm top deck and the xenon lower. (though the xenon's cutouts are way oversized).

i dunno.

Hmm..... ...... How noisy is the drive train.???? and also how much for and aft play do you have with the bevel gear once it's in the Alloy center shaft holder.....(there are a few trick that are new that I have been mesing around with to have almost no friction between the bevel gear and the bearings)

you might just do a once over of the car and check everything.. just to be on the safe side
let me know what you come up with
-Dave
Old 07-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Merciless
Had a very stable if alittle slow set-up last week and came 2nd in the Stock A main

So i threw in that 1 Way you sent over Dave to try this week

Haven't altered any of the rest of my set-up so hopefully that'll make the front alittle more aggressive and speed up the car through the infield !!
Good luck...
also how are you liking the Modified bulk heads and the Hubs.?? does the car feel any different
-Dave
Old 07-22-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Dave ,

Just been told i'll have your bulkheads returned to me tomorrow night completed

I'll post a pic or 2 when i have them expect that to be after midnight tomorrow
OK .. Just a bit smaller pictures this time

You know your the "KING" of Hi Res Pics on this Board j/k
thanks
-Dave
Old 07-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

From when i was running before long arms,xenon hubs and linkages mounted top side yes the set-up feels way different......but i've ended up changing so much i can't honestly tell you what has caused each of the differences in handling.

the set-up i have been using from the start with the cuda has always been very "safe" and i'm now starting to venture way from that in the search for more speed, this will inevetably mean a more unstable car ....... more the way i like it.

The car at present feel some what booged all the time very stable but also lethargic .....

The changes i'm now making are all aimed at freeing it all up...... get it alittle loose
Old 07-22-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

From when i was running before long arms,xenon hubs and linkages mounted top side yes the set-up feels way different......but i've ended up changing so much i can't honestly tell you what has caused each of the differences in handling.

the set-up i have been using from the start with the cuda has always been very "safe" and i'm now starting to venture way from that in the search for more speed, this will inevetably mean a more unstable car ....... more the way i like it.

The car at present feel some what booged all the time very stable but also lethargic .....

The changes i'm now making are all aimed at freeing it all up...... get it alittle loose
I'll have to post my setups after I get the bulkheads back
But the set ups that I have now tend to carry quite abit of corner speed
-Dave
Old 07-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

dave,

my drivetrain is horendously loud. not clicking or eratic, but just loud. yeah, that's a clue that something might not be right, but withought gear covers, it stands to reason that it will scream.

also, i have a ton of axial movement on my bevel gear. the spur gear can move maybe 1.5-2mm back and forth. i pull the bevel gear all the way back/forward to the holder when i run since the driving force will cause it to end up there anyway. i also shim the dif gear about 3 shims on the long side to back it off of the pinion (bevel) gear. there's alot of backlash, but i have never slipped or chipped a gear in the transmission.

please enlighten me with something to give this car some R.I.P.

thanks,

seaball

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.