Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree595Likes

LC Racing EMB-1H Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Agreed. Those prices are a deal killer. Warren RC is in Michigan, I think. Are they still too expensive to get to Canada?
Old 02-13-2021, 03:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Backyard RC
Agreed. Those prices are a deal killer. Warren RC is in Michigan, I think. Are they still too expensive to get to Canada?
An EMB-1H lipo RTR from Riptide would be $260 in Canada, with $90 in additional fees. So it's quite a bit more. It seems that LC is willing to open dealers, so an ambitious Canadian should be able to fill a niche quite easily.
http://www.borderbuddy.com
Old 02-14-2021, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Banggood might be the best bet https://www.banggood.com/search/lc-r...e-0-0_p-1.html

Old 02-14-2021, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I am driving my all stock EMB-1 buggy mostly on-road (at the moment) on 3s. It is a lot of fun, but the one small issue I'm having is that under hard acceleration is tends to squirm from side to side. The overall direction is constant (it goes where I point it) but it definitely slides side to side as it gets going.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2021, 03:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Charlieuk
what did you use to scan it? Looks great!
Thats awesome I was looking for wider arms already. Did you finish it yet ? Any Updates also on usable Driveshafts?
Old 02-16-2021, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smirkracing
I am driving my all stock EMB-1 buggy mostly on-road (at the moment) on 3s. It is a lot of fun, but the one small issue I'm having is that under hard acceleration is tends to squirm from side to side. The overall direction is constant (it goes where I point it) but it definitely slides side to side as it gets going.
Thanks!
​​​​​​
Sounds like the diffs may be unloading - never run 3s but seems like its overpowering your traction. I put a pretty thick diff-silicone in my diff to slow the action, you might want to consider the same. The diffs are not "sealed" but they held the thicker fluid just fine. I think I have 10k in there right now.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Thanks!
Have you tightened up the steering slop? I was surprised at first by how much slop there is. I was expecting the car to slam into the right lane boarder then slam into the left one but it drives pretty straight. Doing speed runs is where it might show up the most.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sacmiata
​​​​​​
Sounds like the diffs may be unloading - never run 3s but seems like its overpowering your traction. I put a pretty thick diff-silicone in my diff to slow the action, you might want to consider the same. The diffs are not "sealed" but they held the thicker fluid just fine. I think I have 10k in there right now.
thanks! Will have a look at the diffs.

Have you tightened up the steering slop? I was surprised at first by how much slop there is. I was expecting the car to slam into the right lane boarder then slam into the left one but it drives pretty straight. Doing speed runs is where it might show up the most.
Backyard, what are the best ways to remove some slop?
Old 02-18-2021, 06:49 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks! Will have a look at the diffs.

Backyard, what are the best ways to remove some slop?
I built my EMB-T with the aluminum bell crank, knuckles and hub carriers. Also got the bearing pressed steering linkage from EAC Engineering on Etsy. Shimmed with .3mm thick shims behind the stub axle pins to minimize CVD slop. I have virtually no slop.
Backyard RC and Billyboblett like this.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by liquoredonlife
I built my EMB-T with the aluminum bell crank, knuckles and hub carriers. Also got the bearing pressed steering linkage from EAC Engineering on Etsy. Shimmed with .3mm thick shims behind the stub axle pins to minimize CVD slop. I have virtually no slop.
Thank you!!

I have the linkage from EAC (not yet installed) but i have been staying away from the aluminum knuckles and hub carriers because I was concerned about weight. Sounds like that has not been an issue for you?
Old 02-18-2021, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

As mentioned above, shims and a tighter steering link. On one of my more used cars the end piece on the link from the servo arm to the steering linkage, (proper name?) became loose and needed replacing.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Not really. It's sprung weight (vs unsprung weight like wheels/tires/axles/gears/drive shafts). FWIW, I never built it with the plastic pieces and there are many ways to compensate given the overall weight of the vehicle.

I think it's a much bigger deal on something like 1/28 scale.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

As mentioned above, shims and a tighter steering link. On one of my more used cars the end piece on the link from the servo arm to the steering linkage, (proper name?) became loose and needed replacing.
I had to replace that on my recently too, the original one had lasted over 2 years though.
Old 03-13-2021, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

So I recently purchased the EAC Engineering steering rack for my long wheelbase monster truck and man did it make a big difference in the steering.

Backyard RC likes this.
Old 03-17-2021, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Any recommendations for the best grass tires, or is the stock MT wheel/tire setup the best to get?

I'm seeing a lot of discussion on the bent dog bones, but not much on the dog bones tearing into the couplings. On the rear, I'm seeing a notch into the coupling about the width of the small post in the dog bone. Is there any good recommendation for stopping this? I'd back off the slipper, but already seems a bit loose when taking off from a stop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.