ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ALTOONA RACEWAY FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Since Fassst Eddie will not be doing his race re-cap this week I have taken it upon myself to do my own Sunday race re-cap in 2000 words or less

1-2 heat I figured out that I should not be allowed to build any more kits especially the shocks and camber rods.

1-2 heat I discovered that Bobby Rairigh can cook a mean hot dog and that the mystery doughy things kicked but.

1-2 heat (including my main) With a supervising adult present (THANK YOU SAM) a kit that was built by myself can be straightened out enough to actually win! And Pink shock booties will knock at least a full second off of a lap time.

The Main- I prefer to be told what I'm doing wrong while racing. Thank you Jim, Doug and Tommy Boy. I calms me down Yes it actually does!!!!!!!

After the main- Do not try to jump over a dirt pile while trying to drink a half gallon of tea!

GREAT RACE DAY GUYS AND CONGRADULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

icenutz....i think i remember we were talking about not being able to find a piston locking tool for turbo engines......here it is http://www.rcplanet.com/Integy_Team_.../intc22441.htm better get it while you can, its discontinued everywhere else
Old 07-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks everyone!

Jallshouse, thanks I ordered one!

Gixxerman, great win! It would of never happened if we showed up and you know it!

Pipester, how was the .5? You still can not get parts for those things and my front a arm is glued in 4 places!

We should be there this Sunday. Have a great 4th!!!!

Do funeral homes have fireworks displays?

iCeNuTz
Old 07-03-2007, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jallshouse
icenutz....i think i remember we were talking about not being able to find a piston locking tool for turbo engines......here it is http://www.rcplanet.com/Integy_Team_.../intc22441.htm better get it while you can, its discontinued everywhere else
It is discontinued also, they do not have any.

iCeNuTz
Old 07-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

IcEnuTz , ygpm !!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

KARO, what's the word on the gears? When are you heading to McC. I plan on heading down on the 7th. They have the new drivers stand usable. I read somewhere that they are inside on the 13th because of rebuilding the track for Pro Series. Doesn't look good for the Pro Series for me.

C.R.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

ICeNuTZ I forgot to mention , I also had a hitec blow up after break in and two practice laps . It was the throttle 225mg . did you have to go thru hitec to get yours fixed ??
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

I called Tower Hobbies first (that is where I got it) and they said to call Hitec. I called Hitec and the guy laughed and said "I thought Tower has a 30 day return policy, maybe it is only 30 minutes." He told me just to send it to them so I did. I sent it to them priority mail and got it back about 9 or 10 days later.

I will check Nitrohouse.

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Regular

ice , tower will only take it back if you didn't use it , if it failed after you installed it its all hitec's baby . I ran into the same thing ! damn hitec servos ! Did they send you a new one or fix yours ??
Old 07-04-2007, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lovell
KARO, what's the word on the gears? When are you heading to McC. I plan on heading down on the 7th. They have the new drivers stand usable. I read somewhere that they are inside on the 13th because of rebuilding the track for Pro Series. Doesn't look good for the Pro Series for me.

C.R.
I'm planning on being there this Saturday too...check your PM. i haven't worked on my car much the last couple weeks and have alot to do the next couple days.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NeverATiteLine
First off, I gotta give a big thanks to Jeremy, for dickin' around with that dang OFNA Force .28 POS for 2 hours and to Sam for hooking me up with the OS and just about every other part on my buggy, but once the OS was in there that made the whole day worth the trip.

That Jammin feels like a cadillac compaired to both of the sportwerks I ran last year, I actually have a power 'range' now and not a motor that is either ON or OFF. Just think what will happen when i actually get diff lube and a decent set-up on it.

Is it sunday yet? Im ready for Jammin Time!!!!!
madman - You can just send me a check for the engine. I can't remember what we agreed to but $55 sounds good. That RG will run on almost no compression and it still has a pretty good pinch. I'd say as long as the air filter is kept clean you have atleast a couple gallons left in it. Also send the manifold along with it after you get one of your own. Check your PM
Old 07-04-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pipester
ice , tower will only take it back if you didn't use it , if it failed after you installed it its all hitec's baby . I ran into the same thing ! damn hitec servos ! Did they send you a new one or fix yours ??
They repaired it. If another one goes I will just get another brand and then send it back for repairs and keep it as a emergency back up. I ordered arms from Nitrohouse and got them shipped so i can have them by Saturday. If they do not make it there is always CA and superglue!

iCeNuTz
Old 07-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

that place rocks , did you see the parts list they have for them ?? I think thats the only place that has parts availibe for the .5 so far !

I hope the servos are just a hit and miss deal ! when you get a good one , it's good and when you get a bad one , well its bad ,send it back . hopfully when it comes back fixed its fixed !!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by iCeNuTz
Thanks everyone!

Jallshouse, thanks I ordered one!

Gixxerman, great win! It would of never happened if we showed up and you know it!

Pipester, how was the .5? You still can not get parts for those things and my front a arm is glued in 4 places!

We should be there this Sunday. Have a great 4th!!!!

Do funeral homes have fireworks displays?

iCeNuTz

I HOPE YOUR TRUCK BREAKS DOWN ON THE WAY OVER!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

For anyone who FUBAR's a body while painting it:

NITRO fuel wile take off the paint without messing up the body.

All credit for this tip goes to PIPESTER.5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.