TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aitutaki
hi raman,
Austria / Europe

here is a (unfortunately poor) video of the 2nd A Main.
as always, the fast start of a M-06 is so impressive.
http://youtu.be/GHI6VzkAjh4

and i know, my driving could be better
but i finished 2nd, and won one of the 3 finals
Interesting how fate works. I am presently in discussion with a company and there is a possibility that I may be moving to Europe for work. Out of the 5 locations, my first pick was Vienna. So I started to wonder if there is much RC racing in Austria. I now have my answer
Old 05-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Great job on driving. You were very consistent. The first place car was an M05?

I do recommend the M05 ball diff over the M03. Its much lighter!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hi raman,
Austria / Europe

but i finished 2nd, and won one of the 3 finals
Nice!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Raman
Interesting how fate works. I am presently in discussion with a company and there is a possibility that I may be moving to Europe for work. Out of the 5 locations, my first pick was Vienna. So I started to wonder if there is much RC racing in Austria. I now have my answer
please feel free to get in contact if you need anything about RC here *g* (or more) - unfortunately the viennese RC club closed a time ago, because the had to move , and the city built a school at this location. but now they finally found a new location . i hope it will be ready until 2014
at the moment the best alternitive is 40km in the south of vienna. mrc wrneustadt.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Tech Adept

Great job on driving. You were very consistent. The first place car was an M05?

I do recommend the M05 ball diff over the M03. Its much lighter!
thanks , i am improving driving, but still missing so much... yes, i was the only M-06 competing m-05s and one M-03...
okay. thanks. i already ordered an M-05 Diff, but was not delivered until now. i will try it out

@rccartips: thanks! i hope i will drive as good as your daughter in the near future

Last edited by Aitutaki; 05-06-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks , i am improving driving, but still missing so much... yes, i was the only M-06 competing m-05s and one M-03...
okay. thanks. i already ordered an M-05 Diff, but was not delivered until now. i will try it out

@rccartips: thanks! i hope i will drive as good as your daughter in the near future
Awesome job Aitutaki...

Remember, you are racing with competitors that know their M-05's very well and have a fair amount of time on that chassis. To be hanging with those guys is impressive.

Stick with it, the win will come soon. The M-06 is one of the few cars I'll not sell.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

please feel free to get in contact if you need anything about RC here *g* (or more) - unfortunately the viennese RC club closed a time ago, because the had to move , and the city built a school at this location. but now they finally found a new location . i hope it will be ready until 2014
at the moment the best alternitive is 40km in the south of vienna. mrc wrneustadt.
I presently drive 70km to race my M06 and TRF416. So 40km is not bad at all!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

I presently drive 70km to race my M06 and TRF416. So 40km is not bad at all!
For me, my local track is only a 480km round trip and I only race M-Chassis. So 6 hours of driving for 30 minutes of racing.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by marcos graveyar
For me, my local track is only a 480km round trip and I only race M-Chassis. So 6 hours of driving for 30 minutes of racing.
Wow. That's some serious money spent on petrol!
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

hi raman,
Austria / Europe

but i finished 2nd, and won one of the 3 final
Hey Aitutaki,
you did a really good job! I know from my one EuroCup race with my M06,that it is not an easy job to set it up to the A-slicks (my opinion, driven on old carpet)
It´s so much fun to see you battling with the M05, great entertainment!
For obvious reasons, I like your body a lot!

In some of the tight turns, you can see a little understeer on your car compared to the M05, there seems to be a slight advantage sometimes for your fight partner!
Maybe you could try to go to the next softer spring in front and rear, if stability remains on the car. Just a thought from me, I find the weaker spring set from the Pro/R better suiting the needs of the RWD.

Viel Glück für die nächsten Rennen,
Matthias
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

juz gotten my M06, non pro version.. have yet to build it, but on my shopping list, i had the following items on my mind.

apologies if this question had been asked before, as it seems that most questions are towards the pro kit..

3racing 50mm alu shocks
ball bearings for the M06
3racing alu front steering set
3racing M03 CVDs
tt01 uni cup thingy for the CVDs
the M06 ball suspension shaft to mount the alu shocks.

am i missing out anything? i wld be using a 18T tamiya brushless setup with it..

thanks in advance for all advise
Old 05-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So ran the 06 last weekend. I set down a target lap with my 05 for the first run of the day. I managed to beat it with the 06 in its first run by about 3 tenths. However I was running TC as well and the grip level came up a lot between the first and second rounds.

I didn't fiddle as much as I would have liked with the 06, but I did try the TP36 front and rear and liked it much better then the tp36 rear 3035 front combo. I was able to pull the drag break back from 10% to 5%, and still had enough entry steering.

Two major issues came up over the weekend though. I have slight grip roll issues in one corner, and also now have the car diffing out. I'm using the kit diff with a single additional shim in it to tighten it slightly. What is every body else using? Ball or Oil? Which version?

Originally Posted by viktozzz
juz gotten my M06, non pro version.. have yet to build it, but on my shopping list, i had the following items on my mind.

apologies if this question had been asked before, as it seems that most questions are towards the pro kit..

3racing 50mm alu shocks
ball bearings for the M06
3racing alu front steering set
3racing M03 CVDs
tt01 uni cup thingy for the CVDs
the M06 ball suspension shaft to mount the alu shocks.

am i missing out anything? i wld be using a 18T tamiya brushless setup with it..

thanks in advance for all advise
Personally I dont think you'd need CVDs on an M06, there's no real lock on the wheels so you dont have the chatter problem like you would on the front of a m05/m03. But others with more expirence with the 06 might have a different opinion?

I'm also using the alloy rear shock tower and alloy mount. Just seems much more stable then the kit one.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

+1 on the alloy shock tower mount
Old 05-08-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Wow. That's some serious money spent on petrol!
Thankfully it's an Audi A6 diesel but one of the guys at the racing did say that for the price of the fuel I could have bought 6 M05's !!!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Thanks for posting about your adventures with the m06 on asphalt tracks. What is about the m06 that makes it a little slower on asphalt tracks? If you are running on low grip tracks there are a number of things you can do to get forward bite. Like add a little weight. Shift the weight to the back. Lower the rear ride height. Rise the front ride height. Reduce front camber. stiffen the front end. Increase front drops. Add rear sway bar or use stiffer rear sway bar. I remember adding a rear sway bar to my b4 on a dry hard back track and the rear suddenly gain a lot more tractions.

As soon as I can get to an asphalt track I will let everyone know what I find. The closest track to me is Joliet in Illinois and it is about four plus hours away so I don't know when I can make it down.

Please help test if you have access to an asphalt track. It would nice if testing can done with Tamiya tires as a control condition that way we can really compare and discuss the results in a more meaningful way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.