Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks Iggy.... I only had to NiMh charge for like 5 seconds and it went above 6v.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

jon, i was wondering if i rented a mini back hoe will I be able to use it, or do I need permission from someone. I want to rent one in order to grate all the weeds, and so we could use it for anything else we might need. Please get back to me asap.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hayden, I'll call SSgt Robinson at Camp Services and let you know. I've been thinking about doing the same...the place to rent is near McT it's about 6000 yen for the day and 3000 for delivery. LMK.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Initiate

where is mct located?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Initiate

jon, please give me a call at 632-6761 or my home 959-8448 i would like to discuss some things with you asap. I will be at the first number until 1500. thanks
Old 09-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

track day this weekend?
Old 09-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry guys, I was suppose to post this earlier in the week. Here is the info from our meeting the other day:

Items Discussed-

1) Track maintenance will be the last Sunday of the month, rain or shine. This will have us racing the following week.

2) The mower and weedeater were donated to the track by Greg (via Hayden). Thanks again guys.

3) Igy will bring his weedeater in and Anthony will purchase another one if we need a third.

4) We need everyone to keep a lookout for a used riding mower. The deck is not necessarily needed.

5) We are looking for a section of chain link fence, Igy may have some.

6) Finish painting the drivers stand. Anthony has two gallons of paint.

7) Work on getting the storage unit moved to the chowhall parking lot.

8) Almost all of the rakes are busted. We need to purchase a few more. How does (4) sound?

9) Tie down the Port-a-potty. Use the stakes and rope already there to tie it down so that it is useable still.

10) Place barrels stratigically around the track for watering. Hayden has the lead on this one as he has the pump and hose.

11) The generator needs to be looked at. The past couple of times out it would not keep running or start. Jon, can you get this one? If not, I may know someone.

12) Re-engage the SeaBees for assistance. We are looking for more dirt, possibly HE, and gravel. However, we may need to engage the Camp Commander about the gravel as this was something from the initial project that he would provide. On the HE, it looks like Hayden maybe going a different route. Please keep us all informed via this forum so that people can help out.

13) The issue was raised to eleminate the 1/10 track and turn it into a Monster Truck bash pit. It would be kept in roughly the same area with mounds of dirt dropped on it. If we go this route we need to think about the maintenance of this also.

14) The bracket/tournement style race was pretty popular. So I am looking at doing this setup maybe twice a year or whenever the generator decides not to work.

Anything else to add guys? Post up.

Welcome Paulie...hopefully we will get a chance to meet you soon. We all look forward to seeing those off-road skills you posted about.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'll check over the generator.

I've also talked with Captain Coker from the Seabee's several times over the summer, we are on the project list, but not a priority. He hasn't forgot about us, but doesn't look like anything in the near future.

I'm going to check with FD for old hose or if anyone goes to DRMO look for something larger than garden hose.

SSgt Robinson has the ball on moving the quadcon, but again not a priority.

Planning for Sunday AM at the track.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YDBD

Planning for Sunday AM at the track.
Me too.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Initiate

guys, I talked to jon yesterday but still want to get the ok from everyone else since we are trying to get everything cleaned up wanted to rent a dozer to clear out everything but the 1/8 track to tace on until new track is done. this way we can keep up with it and not let it over grow. Also wanted to make a new 1/8 track where the 1/10 track is, but do it right this time lol. wanted to make a sifting table and everything. i am attaching the track layout. i think its awesome cause we can also utilize in for short course, 1/10 and also change the track without having to make new jumps just have to move pipe. let me know what you guys think wanna try to get it going asap the layout is either 96'x108 for 12ft lane, or 64'x72' for 8ft lanes. the middle of the track would be for drainge, so we would give each end of the track a little slope for run off into the drain.
Attached Thumbnails The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan-track-layout-11.jpg  
Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

i like the idea hayden, but why have the straight comming straight at you or away from your line of sight?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Initiate

b/c i figured it would be easier flat coming at you. rather than trying to jump coming at you were you cant see the car before the lip.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HyperHayden9
b/c i figured it would be easier flat coming at you. rather than trying to jump coming at you were you cant see the car before the lip.
there is no jump on the straight...

but if your talking about the rest of the jumps...you can alter the design of the track to fit our needs...
Old 09-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

hey josh if you have time and are bored if you already have my radio done go ahead and set up the rest of the car as far as the steering and throttle and brake lingae and bind the reciever set end point etc. You know what to do let me know if you can get to it, don't know when i will be getting off today.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

exactly this is just a layout i came up with everyone can put their two cents in and we can come to an agreement between everyone to see what we want to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.