Wiki Posts
Search

RB C6 Rick Brake Mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
WOW, didn't realize RC Tech was a place for teenage girls to gather and argue with one another.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

nice chris!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

WOW, didn't realize RC Tech was a place for teenage girls to gather and argue with one another.

LMFAO!!!!

Last edited by pntmachine; 03-16-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I give props where they are due but, this post is whack!

Grown man ova here dawg
Old 03-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pntmachine
LMFAO!!!!
lol, I expect nothin less from u pnt, smh
Old 03-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jusleanit
Grown man ova here dawg

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
Old 03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My wife and I have been nothing but happy with Rick's work for better than 7 years. He has done what promised when promised time after time. Everything from .12 Gas Truck motors to .21 Buggy and Truggy motors. And with out question everyone of them were fire breathers. We may get out driven, but out motored, Yeah right.
More times than not someone gets an engine and puts it in and tells it good luck. Seldom if ever do they take them apart to check things out. I've seen countless new out of the "Factory Box" motors have casting material or something else left in from the factory. Would it have been caught if "YOU" had inspected it. YEP Would you have seen rod play and prevented a rod failure. Probably so. What I'm getting at is if you have a problem with an engine be it Rick's or anyone else's, pick up the phone and call them instead of flaming on a forum.

And before you ask, NO I am not one of Rick's Drivers. Just like his stuff and he has always treated us right.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default my 2 pennies

my brother and i use rick for mods and breakins. sure we could use someone whos is closer, cheaper, or may do an even better job than he does. but, we use rick because we know if ever there is an issue we can call him and get our questions answer. ricks dedication customer service is remarkable to find in this day and age. we know he will give us support whether it be a simple question during midweek prep, or whether it be 15 minutes before the last qual on a saturday afternoon.

im not saying that there may not of been an issue in some of his work for someone else. however, i will say that if you fail to seek a resolutions for a problem with a person or vendor. you are as liable in the eyes of the law for those issues thus aking any claim against that liability null and void.

basically, if you have a problem with someone dont slander them. man up and seek a resolution, otherwise keep you mouth shut cause its just as much your fault as it is theirs.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
i never ran single speed in my truck at a race.... like i said you guys have me confused... unbelieveable... now what i did was not flaming, i said the engine seem to be less powerful than stock... but i also said the 2.5 he modded worked great..... you guys make shyt up just to make a point... thats what you call flaming.. you talking like you saw my race with it..

get your facts straight.. please before you start making ASSumptions.. because you only playing yourself

i have never said and will never say that a guys work suck.. NEVER.... because unlike you and your idiot friend... i know that blowing out another mans candle will not make mine shine any brighter...

i was not happy... thats all i said... never said it was crap... or his work sucked... i just was not happy with the work on the TZ..... but the 2.5 ruled... a bit expensive but it worked good...

go brave and get back on topic......
I guess your friend Johnboy was lying about the race you two where in. When he told us about how he blew your doors of huh. It don't even matter.

PNT stand on your own two stop being a follower.
You both use to be cool until you started following the other traxxas loyalists.

As for the teen aged girl comment we all are grown and still play with RC's. Some of us have been doing this since we where teens.

The point of the thread was your boy RB did a customer dirty and he needs to make it right.

AB never had this problem.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALLSPEED
The point of the thread was your boy RB did a customer dirty and he needs to make it right.

Those are TWO very bold statements.

First, can you say without a shadow of a doubt that RB did this person wrong? Was it Rick's fault or was it customer error? Either frankly are possible. If Rick did do something wrong, and I'm not saying he did, did this person try to get the problem fixed by contacting Rick? Did this person at least TRY to get thing rectified before he started flaming?

Second, If AB has done anywhere close to the number of engines Rick has done over the years I can assure you that somebody at some time felt like they got hosed. Just the way it works. It's called the law of averages.

For the record.... I got in a serious dispute with Ron Paris over two engines many many years ago. Was I right? I still think so. But ya know what, it really doesn't matter today. Point being.... You can't please everybody all the time.

MY .02
Old 03-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

You both use to be cool until you started following the other traxxas loyalists.

I am not sure why you are bringing me in here, I guess its because I laughed but it was some funny sh$t. As far as standing on my own two I don't think I have a problem with that, thats why I came on here and said what I said.

The real point of this thread was the TS already bought a RB Mod C6 and was wanting pipe combos and advice not all you grass bashers to come on here with your hear say thoughts about somebody elses so called problems. We're still cool you just lost sight of it.

And as far as the problem with Rick and Matt that has already been rectified. It turned out to be miscommunication. Great customer service on Ricks part again.

Last edited by pntmachine; 03-16-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I guess your friend Johnboy was lying about the race you two where in. When he told us about how he blew your doors of huh. It don't even matter.

As for the teen aged girl comment we all are grown and still play with RC's. Some of us have been doing this since we where teens.

there you go again... you know what my set up was... great guy... i never ran a single speed.. and jon did beat me.... i was running that modded 18tz... go figure...
Old 03-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Mod for RB concept

I have always run modded motors until I picked up a couple of rb ws7 motors off of this site. They are not modded both have some gallons on them . I cannot imagine having faster engines. The rb engines just do not need to be modded IMO. If you have an OS vg or something in that range mod the hell out of it. But when you drop 350.00 out of the box break it in properly and you wont even consider doing anything else but enjoy it.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
there you go again... you know what my set up was... great guy... i never ran a single speed.. and jon did beat me.... i was running that modded 18tz... go figure...
..........smh
Old 03-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Rookie

The issue was mostly a miscommunication on both people. The fact is this work has been my life for longer then most other modifiers were born. I make improvements every year and don't claim to know everything. But I spend a ton of money in R&D when others experiment with your money. Fact is it takes balls for a man to give you a 700.00 engine and say make it better. If you can drive down the highway and throw that money out the window then this is the chance your taking sending your money and engine to a modifier. Hence why I try to better myself everyday proof in pictures on my website of radical thinking and R&D. Only problem is age is taking away my eye sight and hearing and what used to be black is now gray and thinning. What it all boils down to is, are you a honorable person and willing to resolve problems or are you the type that turns your head and walk away with hatred in your heart ? There is nothing in this world that can't be fixed if approached in the right way. Everything in this world from buttoning your shirt to scratching your balls has a mathematical calculation. From the days man crawled out of the primordial muck we have been having conflicts. Communication is the key to these and sometimes it just breaks down. No ones fault it just happens. All we can do is just try to improve ourself. If I was perfect I would be like a god and I wouldn't have to modify nitro engines for a living.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick B
The issue was mostly a miscommunication on both people. The fact is this work has been my life for longer then most other modifiers were born. I make improvements every year and don't claim to know everything. But I spend a ton of money in R&D when others experiment with your money. Fact is it takes balls for a man to give you a 700.00 engine and say make it better. If you can drive down the highway and throw that money out the window then this is the chance your taking sending your money and engine to a modifier. Hence why I try to better myself everyday proof in pictures on my website of radical thinking and R&D. Only problem is age is taking away my eye sight and hearing and what used to be black is now gray and thinning. What it all boils down to is, are you a honorable person and willing to resolve problems or are you the type that turns your head and walk away with hatred in your heart ? There is nothing in this world that can't be fixed if approached in the right way. Everything in this world from buttoning your shirt to scratching your balls has a mathematical calculation. From the days man crawled out of the primordial muck we have been having conflicts. Communication is the key to these and sometimes it just breaks down. No ones fault it just happens. All we can do is just try to improve ourself. If I was perfect I would be like a god and I wouldn't have to modify nitro engines for a living.
hey rick i see you shipped ,y stuff.. thx again for the quick service

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.