Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Efra rules

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by djiewie
Furthermore, its been voted on and approved. SO ITS FINAL IN MY BOOK. and Its been told to the public. racers need time to adopt to these new rules. Seems to me very strange that these dicisions are not final. So when racers spend money and prepare for 2013 they can be surpriced by the EFRA on 2013 and they can without any reason say sorry it was all a hoax.! People tell me ; If you don`t attend the meeting you have lost the right to complain. So what is new. i am not complaining about the dicision just vind it strange that it can easily be discarded and changed.
One thing you do forget is a certain rule which is listed for a while in the EFRA rulebook that if no date is given when the rule has to be followed it will take 12 months. A very simple rule which everyone did overlook but now legally is used as an option to postpone the rule to take some time to think it over and take measures.
You can complain about this but you have to smash your own head against the wall why you did not see it as well

Franky did mention the EFRA will take care with the next AGM's that a date will be listed.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
EFRA will adopt this in 2013, it's only a matter of time that the rest of the world follows suit... i can't see why Asia (second and only other region with top racing brand manufacturers) will keep the old weight of 1725grams.

this is a great shame, as it means total re designs, or in the interim more hop ups when they previously were not needed. Xray have reached their re design point right on time, but this means brands like Mugen who just released a new car have missed the boat and jumped in too early with a new design

Ti pivot balls, arm pins, turnbuckles, and screws are a definate requirement now. that's easily $250 more in parts. It isn't hard to knock weight of these cars, the problem is it costs half the price of a kit to buy the parts to do it.

Magnesium baulkheads anyone...people, alloy parts are the new plastic

expect to see a Carbon chassis car with brass chassis weight inserts rear, mid and centre, magnesium baulkheads and major use of titanium parts soon

PS the picture of the cap car with the weight hanging off the edge?! eeek!, not a good way to help the cars side to side transitional movement
The Serpent 733 aleready comes with aluminum pivot balls
Old 01-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
You want as much weight between the battery and engine as possible.
With this setup I will add around 185 grams to the car:

The tungsten plates weigh 15 grams each (4 of them on the car) and the tungsten blocks are 5 grams each (6 of them behind the battery).
The round Hudy weights are 15 grams each.
The heavy motor mount is 35 grams more then the stock mount.
The difference between the plastic and the brass battery tray is around 30 grams.

Regarding the Mach, I will try the 1/8 with the basic engine, I'm pretty sure I will be faster then the 1/10 with the basic engine.
DS, i`ve been working on a solution for your weight bolting problem.

i made a one weight solution
New Efra rules-2012-01-16-20.54.59.jpg

weight is suficiant for you i think and furthermore only a few cents worth of iron, a bit of work though.
and its centered and low in the car

with the life its
New Efra rules-2012-01-16-20.44.29.jpg
so you can easily lose more weight, so you have something to do.
just an idee for you though, you got to do your own so this nice looking car of yours keeps looking nice. (in stead of a scrapyard) just kidding.

see ya

Last edited by djiewie; 01-16-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
afm
Tech Master

Default EFRA CLARIFIES RECENT RULES

EFRA 1/10th IC chairman Franky Noens got in contact to clarify some matters regarding the rules that were decided upon at the recent AGM. Most notably is the fact that the new weight limit for the 1/10th gas class will only change to 1550 grams from the beginning of 2013, meaning the current limit of 1725 grams will be in use for this season. Read the full letter below for more details.

Dear Friends,

It seems the right moment to enlighten a few subjects, that perhaps are not clearly understood after the AGM.

Probably I did not communicate them clearly enough, and I would like to apologise for that. The last few weeks I did not have the opportunity to answer to every individual mail.

The new rule regarding the minimum weight of 1550 gr. will take effect on 01/01/2013. This is a technical rule and according to the Article technical rule changes, Chapter 6 page 51 in the EFRA handbook, such changes will take effect 12 months after voting. In the future, to avoid such un clarities, we will add in the minutes of the meeting, to each accepted proposal the year when they start to take effect. Regarding this subject of weight, we have created a lot of commotion with manufacturers, who did not have any comment before the rule was accepted. Now they fear that due to the low weight, cars will be a lot more expensive, and more breakable due to the more “exotic” materials they will have to use to loose weight.

And then we have tire treatment, with all the wildest stories around that subject. The emphasis of this rule is that on EC’s the organisers are obliged to treat their track in such a way, that there is a lot of grip during the entire event. That way, treatment of tires will be unnecessary. I believe that the rest of the rule is pretty clear, before the start of your finale or heat, your tires will be checked with an electronic sniffer, if the sniffer reacts you can not drive with those tires.

Regarding the World Championship in Thailand, 1725 gr is the minimum weight and no, this will not change for this W.C.

At this moment postal votes are held inside IFMAR about the following:
- The World Championship will be run over a period of eleven (11) nine (9) days, including a Spare Day.
- No practice on the event track will be allowed in that specific W.C. class during the two (2) six (6) weeks preceding frequency controlled practice
- Bodies will have to be made from polycarbonate with a minimum thickness of 0.75mm.
- Foam and/or rubber tyres may be used. Any materials used in, or on, the tyres must not damage the racing surface. Treatment of the tyres with additives is prohibited allowed as long as the products used are not volatile and toxic. Tires will be checked at the entrance of the pitlane with equipment from RAE or similar to detect volatile and/or toxic products. Tires must pass the testing equipment in the controlled pit area. When you are checked with a positive result of the equipment the tires are confiscated by IFMAR and you are allowed to put new tires on your car. The start will not be delayed due to such an event. The organizer must make all efforts to bring the track surface at a good grip level.

- The fuel brand will be decided after the preworlds.

The results of the postal votes will be known mid of February, I will keep you updated on those rules that might change in IFMAR.

Also I want to let you know that there still are places left for both 1/10th EC’s. if you still want to participate, please contact your federation.

Yours sincerely,

Franky Noens

EFRA Chairman 1/10th IC Track
Old 01-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djiewie
DS, i`ve been working on a solution for your weight bolting problem.

i made a one weight solution
Attachment 863230

weight is suficiant for you i think and furthermore only a few cents worth of iron, a bit of work though.
and its centered and low in the car

with the life its
Attachment 863233
so you can easily lose more weight, so you have something to do.
just an idee for you though, you got to do your own so this nice looking car of yours keeps looking nice. (in stead of a scrapyard) just kidding.

see ya
I've had the same idea, last couple of days I've been trying to get a full tray made out of tungsten. A 2mm thick plate battery tray weighs 113 grams. The only thing which is bothering me is how much it will affect the flex of the chassis. With my 1/10 I could notice the difference between the plastic tray and the brass tray in terms of chassis flex, basically I had more steering with the plastic tray.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Tech Regular

OK DS, thsteering is what i want also, so we`ll keep looking for an other solution.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I've had the same idea, last couple of days I've been trying to get a full tray made out of tungsten. A 2mm thick plate battery tray weighs 113 grams. The only thing which is bothering me is how much it will affect the flex of the chassis. With my 1/10 I could notice the difference between the plastic tray and the brass tray in terms of chassis flex, basically I had more steering with the plastic tray.
If you can mount the brass tray with some rubber O-rings you will keep the flex in the chassis.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Lord

http://www.redrc.net/2012/01/efra-cl...h-track-rules/
Old 01-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

I usually support Efra, but this is becoming annoying...

French rules for 2012 was 2400 grammes....
Old 01-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by romain_f
I usually support Efra, but this is becoming annoying...

French rules for 2012 was 2400 grammes....
Same in Germany, 2400 g for 2012.

Will be interesting to see what our national organisation will do now....

What a clusterf.ck
Old 01-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Tech Lord

It was proposed in Holland but due another proposal to change nothing a majority had voted for this so all other proposals were useless.

We stay with the 2011 rules and I must say it looks like a wise choice with all the hustle about the upcomming EFRA changes and the withdraw of some of them.....
Old 01-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

This mini rea sniffer deal, who makes it where do you buy one???
Old 01-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Lord

http://www.google.nl/search?q=minira...WNNI_oOfX5nKkI ?

http://www.raesystems.nl/products/minirae-3000
Old 01-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well the price is definitely impressive! The performance of the machine is impressive. I just got off of the phone with one of there U.S. techs and it looks like EFRA has there work cut out for them. Based on whats on EFRAs web site this may take some time to get maximum set for the ppm. What have they been doing? Have they just been comparing out of the box tyres to doped tyres and if there is a difference that traction compound is illegal?
Have they been using the sniffer in open air?
If the track gets sprayed with trac-bite it's going to show up on your tyres and the meter will pick it up...
Old 01-27-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Lord

Questions you must ask the EFRA. I know Franky Noens his job has something to do with chemicals so through that way there is the right way to find the right contacts and equipment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.