Wiki Posts
Search

Where are the ROAR New Approvals?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The RMT also does not go to the Oval nationals. Roar doesnt see enough entries there to spend the time or money for those Nats. So oval tracks are left to fend for themselves.

EA
Oh I didn't know that I thought it was all the nationals ...it will be a lot of work for the RMT for sure ...I know how much time/planning/coordination it took for our nats ...and the RMT is going to be doing this for 10 nationals (well I guess actually 8 if they are not doing the 2 oval nats).
Old 11-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

I am not sure what the problem is?

Clubs can do basically ANYTHING they want. Do you need big brother to step in and tell you how to run your business?

Around here they have done all sorts of cool things. Run 8 min and 10 minute heats and mains... And run series races, races for different types of classes, all sorts of things.

The only people that are TRULY crying about leveling the playing field are those who can not win. When in fact the field is either allready level, or can not be made level.

Even if you have some device that limits voltage, there are still factors with the batts like internal resistance, which makes a HUGE difference, and it would still be in play no matter what the voltage was limited to.

And for the playing field being allready level, here it is;
We are all able to go out and buy the car that guy has, the motor that guy has, the speedo that guy has. But can we all set it up like that guy? Can we all drive like that guy? Thats the problem. People are unwilling to come to terms with their ABILITY. Hey, I know I am not the best driver, and I am not the best at set up, and I am not the best at motor tuning. Does that make me mad? No, thats part of the game. Learning. And I have learned over the years and I am better now than when I started. And it has been fun. Would bowling be fun if EVERYONE went out and bowled a 300 every time. NO, it would be boring as hell!!!

As for the field not being able to be level:
What if you drive a different car, have a different speedo, have different tires, etc etc etc.

So there you have it. If CLUBS need to do something to attract business, then they should do that because the CAN do anything they want! But everyone must play by the rules set out for ROAR in a roar race. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The RMT also does not go to the Oval nationals. Roar doesnt see enough entries there to spend the time or money for those Nats. So oval tracks are left to fend for themselves.

EA
EA - this is not true. Oval racing has been and will remain their own entity at their request. There are as many entrys at an Oval national as paved on road electric or sedan nats. Oval is a class of racing that is doing just fine with its maintenance and rule incorporation and is growing month by month in participation.

Also, there are exciting things in the works with points and national standings for nationals. We are incorporating a points system for members to qualify for national events and another for national points championships. This program will allow members participating in NON ROAR events to gain points for an overall standing for a championship. Also, we have filled sponsorships for a point series event in each class that will cover administrative duties to keep track of the points and results from each venue. This has been the problem in the past.. who will keep track of over 1,000 events run annually and the membership points.

News to follow but these are a few of the projects being worked on since being adopted at the Excom meeting. (refer to the meeting minutes summary)

Tol - RMT runs events and host tracks are paid a minimum of $3,000 rent for the facility plus $1,000 for 30 entrys over 150. Some will fall under a flat fee of $35.00 per entry over 150 should it be a traditionally smaller event. RMT guidelines for 2007 will be posted soon.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Also, there are exciting things in the works with points and national standings for nationals. We are incorporating a points system for members to qualify for national events and another for national points championships.
Is this going to be in effect for 2007 Nationals? ....I am a "planner" (as those that know me well know!) ....but if this is going into effect for 2007 Nationals, then I can't plan on the carpet or paved electric nats until I know if I will qualify for them, i.e. I know what the dates are for them and where they are, but have no idea if I will qualify to attend them.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Is this going to be in effect for 2007 Nationals? ....I am a "planner" (as those that know me well know!) ....but if this is going into effect for 2007 Nationals, then I can't plan on the carpet or paved electric nats until I know if I will qualify for them, i.e. I know what the dates are for them and where they are, but have no idea if I will qualify to attend them.
We are working out the details now. Even with the qualifying program we are discussing at the moment ANYONE is free to attend the Nats so plan away, you can race the Nats whether we enact the new plan or not
Old 11-15-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
We are working out the details now. Even with the qualifying program we are discussing at the moment ANYONE is free to attend the Nats so plan away, you can race the Nats whether we enact the new plan or not
yep!! The qualification program couldn't go into effect for nationals until 2008 anyway.. but the points system championship will go into effect. Qualifying for the nats must be a process that everybody has an opportunity. That is ROAR.. the membership...
Old 11-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitCrew
I am not sure what the problem is?

Clubs can do basically ANYTHING they want. Do you need big brother to step in and tell you how to run your business?

Around here they have done all sorts of cool things. Run 8 min and 10 minute heats and mains... And run series races, races for different types of classes, all sorts of things.
Continue to live the good life, because you are in an area that this is not the normal but the expection. It is nice to hear some areas in the US, do not have their head in the sand. It is nice to hear that hope is still alive.

The only people that are TRULY crying about leveling the playing field are those who can not win. When in fact the field is either allready level, or can not be made level.

Even if you have some device that limits voltage, there are still factors with the batts like internal resistance, which makes a HUGE difference, and it would still be in play no matter what the voltage was limited to.
Limited voltage is not about "leveling the playing field, it is about make the power source not a issue any longer... So the racer can make a choice not leave it to hands of people that have another agenda.

As for the field not being able to be level:
What if you drive a different car, have a different speedo, have different tires, etc etc etc.

So there you have it. If CLUBS need to do something to attract business, then they should do that because the CAN do anything they want! But everyone must play by the rules set out for ROAR in a roar race. Nothing wrong with that.
Sorry but you are just are not getting it.... Come to Jackson, MS and run for a season, you it will be very clear for you then... Both are at fault, racer and LHS owner, but the sad part is neither one wants to fix it, they just perfer to bitch about it.

This around of posting started out about NiMh vs LiPo and ROARs reason for "banning" LiPos, they tried to use the word "safety" and that is just plain BS. A lot of other things are great "safety" issues that have not been addressed before this.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Dawn and Adrian - glad to hear that ROAR is moving the correct direction on this topic. I hope others will take light and run with it also...
Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Continue to live the good life, because you are in an area that this is not the normal but the expection. It is nice to hear some areas in the US, do not have their head in the sand. It is nice to hear that hope is still alive.

Limited voltage is not about "leveling the playing field, it is about make the power source not a issue any longer... So the racer can make a choice not leave it to hands of people that have another agenda.

Sorry but you are just are not getting it.... Come to Jackson, MS and run for a season, you it will be very clear for you then... Both are at fault, racer and LHS owner, but the sad part is neither one wants to fix it, they just perfer to bitch about it.

This around of posting started out about NiMh vs LiPo and ROARs reason for "banning" LiPos, they tried to use the word "safety" and that is just plain BS. A lot of other things are great "safety" issues that have not been addressed before this.
The power source is ALWAYS going to be an issue. There is NO way around it. Even in gas powered cars. The MOTOR and the FUEL both dictate performance.

I guess maybe they could do something like electric powered bumper cars that all get their power from a grid.... That way everyone would be getting the same ammount of power. Oh, but then the speedo's and motors are going to be different. Man I think we should all quit racing, cause that sounds like what people want to do is NOT race, but all drive around the track at the same speed.

Screw all the electronic stuff. Make cheaper tires. I know rubber tires only last a good weekend or two for $35-50 a shot. At least a $65 battery will last like 4-6 months depending on how you use them.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

I strongly suggest if ROAR is looking into a points system/Ranking system to look into the ones already in place.

This one http://www.oskarsystems.com/product.htm

Is really amazing. Immediate ranking, online stats, so every single race in at a ROAR track RANKS you from day 1, ranks you in quality, and just read what it does.

Already in place across the nation, used, tested true, standard.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DerekB
I strongly suggest if ROAR is looking into a points system/Ranking system to look into the ones already in place.

This one http://www.oskarsystems.com/product.htm

Is really amazing. Immediate ranking, online stats, so every single race in at a ROAR track RANKS you from day 1, ranks you in quality, and just read what it does.

Already in place across the nation, used, tested true, standard.
Thank you Derek!!! I have forwarded that to the powers that be...
Old 11-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

The power source is ALWAYS going to be an issue. There is NO way around it. Even in gas powered cars. The MOTOR and the FUEL both dictate performance.

I guess maybe they could don't something like electric powered bumper cars that all get their power from a grid.... That way everyone would be getting the same ammount of power. Oh, but then the speedo's and motors are going to be different. Man I think we should all quit racing, cause that sounds like what people want to do is NOT race, but all drive around the track at the same speed.

Screw all the electronic stuff. Make cheaper tires. I know rubber tires only last a good weekend or two for $35-50 a shot. At least a $65 battery will last like 4-6 months depending on how you use them.
Ok, I will bite, so why don't you back the same as Nitro, you can run 16%, 25%, etc.... in Nitro, what ever you want to run.... That is all I'm asking for the ablitity to run NiMh or LiPo my choice, not the choice of ROAR. Personally I do not see the "difference in preformance" between NiMh and LiPo, so rather then fight about it, just place a regulator in there and call it a day. But you really are not in support of this, so what would you recommend? Remember LiPo should be a legal choice in the solution.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM

Adrian - Sounds great! I know it is early, but I was just wondering, will the ranking or qualifying system be applicable to club racing, grass roots/club racing is seriously hurting, because of all the "Big" races now running. Club racing, in my opinion should be the biggest priority and it would be nice to see some major support from manufacturers in this endeavor.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ROAR election results are posted:
http://www.roarracing.com/
Old 11-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

President Votes
Mike Queller 115
Eddie Goodridge 59
Carl Giordano 58
Write Ins 1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.