Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ianhobbies
btw the site has a 100mb limit
Yes dang, I just saw that ... can't use it then.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default site host

aarrgghh!!

dailymotion.com... too bad its 150mb limit... urs is 160mb..dang..
Old 05-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ianhobbies
aarrgghh!!

dailymotion.com... too bad its 150mb limit... urs is 160mb..dang..
Yes, and when the vids are more than 3.5 mins long (which most of them are) they're approach 200 MBytes.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hehe... I've got something from Veoh that is 716MB!!

Slow ~ I'm no video guru but maybe it's an interlacing issue (http://www.100fps.com / http://www.hifi-writer.com/he/progscan/progscan.htm ) or perhaps Pal to PC or something (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution). What kind of camcorder are you using and how are you connecting it to your computer?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hehe... I've got something from Veoh that is 716MB!!
Its not something meant for over 18s is it?

Slow ~ I'm no video guru but maybe it's an interlacing issue (http://www.100fps.com / http://www.hifi-writer.com/he/progscan/progscan.htm ) or perhaps Pal to PC or something (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution). What kind of camcorder are you using and how are you connecting it to your computer?
Is a Sony DV cam, I connect to the PC with a firewire connection and then edit in VideoStudio.

Did you download the original? I did and it looks great so you were right in that the Flash version is not good.

Thanks for the link, I'll definitely go there to read up. I'm really into videos for our hobby (as you can see on 3hobby.net) because its a sight and sound thing. Not the usual "man my car was awesome today etc."
Old 05-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Did you download the original?
Yes I did. I do see motion interlacing and some artifacts when I view it on my computer. It doesn't really matter. I think most people (including myself) are satisfied enough with being able to see the car in action. Thanks again for the great video.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Yes I did. I do see motion interlacing and some artifacts when I view it on my computer. It doesn't really matter. I think most people (including myself) are satisfied enough with being able to see the car in action. Thanks again for the great video.
OK, Rmd, thanks. And appreciate your very useful help with the vid stuff. I've been reading those pages and when I get a few moments I'm going to experiment.

Incidentally, I could sign up with Veoh and get improved flash videos hosted but they want so much info that I don't feel comfortable.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How is the warranty support from Xray on these cars. Give me a run down , lets say from the box I have a bad part or was using the car and something was acting abnormal.

What kinda hoops do you have to go through? Have they been covering the broken uprights?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Whats wrong with the uprights? I haven't give mine a try yet but the few I have seen running didn't appear to have any problems with the hubs at either end of the car.

Mark
Old 05-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

OK, Rmd, thanks. And appreciate your very useful help with the vid stuff. I've been reading those pages and when I get a few moments I'm going to experiment.

Incidentally, I could sign up with Veoh and get improved flash videos hosted but they want so much info that I don't feel comfortable.
If someone can directly link me to the video. I can probably tell you whats wrong and what can be done to fix it. As I havent seen the video I cant really help with that.

But there are programs out there for free that can fixed video interlace.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
If someone can directly link me to the video. I can probably tell you whats wrong and what can be done to fix it. As I havent seen the video I cant really help with that.

But there are programs out there for free that can fixed video interlace.
Well, the previous version (PAL) was so bad I deleted. I made another one using NTSC settings and appears better:-

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v513918tRSKgwFK

Download it for the better version but the flash version is still terrible.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

From what I can see of that video its too compressed. At least if your looking for perfection. Internet quality / Hosting / Youtube wise that looks about right so....
Old 05-21-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
From what I can see of that video its too compressed. At least if your looking for perfection. Internet quality / Hosting / Youtube wise that looks about right so....
Yes, the flash version it generated from the NTSC file is better.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

If you want you can send me a link to the highest quality version and I can go and compress it for you. Ive been working with video for a long time and Im pretty good at eeking out high quality videos.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Well, the previous version (PAL) was so bad I deleted. I made another one using NTSC settings and appears better:-

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v513918tRSKgwFK

Download it for the better version but the flash version is still terrible.
I didn't notice a difference.

In the VLC Media Player, under the "Video" pull-down menu, you have the option of selecting different deinterlacing modes. You should check that out. Although it takes care of the interlacing, the quality start to degrade.

How big is the raw footage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.