Search
Like Tree55Likes

RC10B4/T4 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman1993
they are low mantinence but they are easier to use than the ball diff. i can never get mine to work good. gear diff = easy, adjustable, and simple. Ball diff = hard, untunable, and a pain in the ass. thats just me
they go after a while, and take some money to replace and get a new one. running mod it really eats them quickly.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

speaking of gear diffs, I pulled the complete tranny off my sc10 with gear diff if anyone wants it...
Old 11-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
speaking of gear diffs, I pulled the complete tranny off my sc10 with gear diff if anyone wants it...
ill give ya $5 and piece of double bubble

honestly i really like the sc10 gear diff, i can use the right fluid in it and make it act just like my ball diffs i build for my T4s i was going to try the gear diff in a t4 but i just havent gotten around to it.... i actually have to comepletely identicle T4s so ill build a fresh ball diff for one and put the gear diff in the other and then run them both and tell you what i think...... i run an 8.5 in my sc10 and T4s, so to each their own some say the gear diff isnt good for racing but ill tell ya my sc10 sure was running good the other day it felt much better than my T4 because my T4 has a gritty diff.... its nice the sc10 diff doesnt get gritty on me and i dont ever have to worry about it slipping because it cant get loose on me.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Will the gear diff fit right in? I've been curious about putting a gear diff in my T4 and wondered what might have to be changed internally/externally to run one. Can you use the same case/gears?
Old 11-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gixxerman
Will the gear diff fit right in? I've been curious about putting a gear diff in my T4 and wondered what might have to be changed internally/externally to run one. Can you use the same case/gears?
No. Needs bearings, pivot plate, gearbox housing and rear motor gaurd.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vr6cj
No. Needs bearings, pivot plate, gearbox housing and rear motor gaurd.
Thank you!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Legend

Default A true story

Last night race @ Trcr

I had been trying to tell the k-cars guys they need to rebuild their shocks just as offen as a Ae ..

Of course they laugh ....

One racer claimed its been months and my K car shocks are still smooth as silk don't even leak ...

Fortunately for him he was no fool and took his shocks apart ..

When we examined the shock cartridge removed from the body and moved the shaft up and down, he was astounded by how much striction and grip the seals were producing...

At the same time...
I had a buddy rebuilding his Ae shocks right next to us.
We got to compared just much smoother & practically no striction at all from the Ae shock design....

more proof
and why Ae wins .....
Old 11-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Last night race @ Trcr

I had been trying to tell the k-cars guys they need to rebuild their shocks just as offen as a Ae ..

One racer claimed its been months and my K car shocks are still smooth as silk don't even leak ...

When we examined the shock cartridge removed from the body and moved the shaft up and down, he was astounded by how much striction and grip the seals were producing...

At the same time...
We got to compared just much smoother & practically no striction at all from the Ae shock design....

more proof
and why Ae wins .....
Man you love your ae man.LOL
Old 11-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeefHead
Man you love your ae man.LOL
experience wins when it comes to ae's shocks. also i got to thinking today, what if i used 5w-20 synthetic motor oil for shock fluid. it is about the same wt as our silicon oil. the only reason i want to try this is because it is less likely to be absorbed by the seals in the shock. it not silicon oil so it wont make the seals swell. i only know this because i work on cars. im thinking to try this. i will get back to you if it works.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcman1993
experience wins when it comes to ae's shocks. also i got to thinking today, what if i used 5w-20 synthetic motor oil for shock fluid. it is about the same wt as our silicon oil. the only reason i want to try this is because it is less likely to be absorbed by the seals in the shock. it not silicon oil so it wont make the seals swell. i only know this because i work on cars. im thinking to try this. i will get back to you if it works.
if your going to use that, at least use a strait weight oil...
Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by whitrzac
if your going to use that, at least use a strait weight oil...
true
Old 11-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Last night race @ Trcr

At the same time...

more proof
and why Ae wins .....
Are you high? You really think AE shocks are just as smooth as K shocks? That's funny. They might be close, but K shocks last longer then AE shocks end of story. K shocks are the smoothest and the longest lasting.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wild Cherry you are a TRIP! My AE shock oil looks like pond water after a few packs, atleast the rears do....The fronts seem to last about twice as long. Maybe 6 packs. Dont get me wrong RC10's are the best cars ever made, it's just time for a decent shock absorber and spring. Kyosho's go wayyyyyyyyyyy longer and are wayyyyy smoother.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by x60Driver
Are you high? You really think AE shocks are just as smooth as K shocks? That's funny. They might be close, but K shocks last longer then AE shocks end of story. K shocks are the smoothest and the longest lasting.
this is a ae thread, not k factory, dont brag here, brag somewhere else where people care.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Even Brian Kinwald says that the K-shocks are the best atm. I have both rt5 and FT T4. I like that K-shocks better but I think if built right the AE shocks are very good too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.