Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 06:14 AM

A-parts is a good choice.. I also striped front diff cover chassis side screw holes during a crash and a chassis may be on your list.. don't think it's expensive...

Asil
Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

during my drifting days when i was still using tamiya's first generation drift tires i've bent or broken several drive shafts as well,,, make sure you stock on those,,, in one way or the other they will bend or break,,, and so in order to improve on kit efficiency you would have to replace them eventually.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imel24
better if you use car light bulbs they last a lot longer,,, they are usually rated at 12 volts they draw 2amps per bulb,, so if you want a 20 amp discharger create a discharger with 10bulbs 30 amps then 15 bulbs,,, a 20 amp discharger is an all rounder,,, you can use it on stick packs with low capacity cells or side by side configuration batts with high capacity cells,,, new industry standard though is at 30-35 amps if your using high quality cells then its save to discharge at this levels but if you have stick packs with low capacity cells this discharge level might be too harsh and might cause overheating.. anyway to make a bulb discharger simply wire all the bulbs in parallel ( i used galvanized wire on mine i can shape it the way that i want and it's really easy to work on ) with the ";butts" of the bulbs representing positive and the side of the bulbs representing negative. connect 12 gauge wires on the ends of the last bulb and place crocodile clips on the other end of the wires or any other adapter you want like deans plug corally style tubes etc. ( if your using tamiya plugs they will surely melt so i really don't suggest them ) good luck!!!
i am planning to DIY a discharger for my TX batteries. about the bulbs, how do i know at what amp does it draws the current? it usually does not say in the light bulb package - only voltage and power (Watt). can the amps be measure with a multimeter?

appreciate your advise.. thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
I was thinking with the slop in the arms caused by the arm holder holes being to big, fitting heat shrink around the arm where they mount into, but the heat shrink was just a little thick. Does anybody else have any other suggestions??
a single layer of scotch tape wrapped around the knuckle arm part where the kingpin screws in, should do the trick.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by doriftu
i am planning to DIY a discharger for my TX batteries. about the bulbs, how do i know at what amp does it draws the current? it usually does not say in the light bulb package - only voltage and power (Watt). can the amps be measure with a multimeter?

appreciate your advise.. thanks!
i think you can measure amps from a power source,,, i'm not sure though if you can measure amps from something that is drawing power,,, for the car light bulbs look for the ones that are being used for the break and signal lights,,, if you'll be using the discharger for your tx batts though, this is way too much amp draw you will surely fry your batteries.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imel24
i think you can measure amps from a power source,,, i'm not sure though if you can measure amps from something that is drawing power,,, for the car light bulbs look for the ones that are being used for the break and signal lights,,, if you'll be using the discharger for your tx batts though, this is way too much amp draw you will surely fry your batteries.
i wont be using very high amp to discharge it. planning to DIY a 4A discharger. im using a 1A discharger now and its too slow. anyway, im using a 750mAH NiCd AA batts for my TX. batt lifespan is too short and will upgrade to NiMH 2000mAH later on...

will check out some car light bulbs... thanks!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

ooohhh i.c. well 4 amps is still a pretty high value for tx batts if you ask me, 2 amps i think is at a safer range? i also have 800mah nicad batts what i did with mine is i purchased 4 2500mah nimh batts i combine them with my 800mah batts when the tx shows low battery then i'm sure that all four 800mah batts are discharged and ready to charge and so i plug in the next batch. on my fourth batch my 2500mah batt and 800mah batts almost drain at the same time
Old 08-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

new to ep touring got a question here just bought a tt01 chasis 2nd hand n dosent comes with a shell so im not sure what bodyshell size fits is it a 190 or 200mm?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

190mm with 0mm offset rims.

You can get offsets of 4-6mm and fit a 200mm body
Old 08-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

get to try my car out for the first time in 2 weeks... getting antsy

post pics of your rides!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

dont forget the width of a TT01 is around 185mm. I have a Tamiya '05 STi body & I have 7mm offset wheels that are flush with the body, i had to camber them in though...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

piccies!

I have just fitted the carbon shock towers, alloy batt posts and some nice ceramic bearings from acer racing!! I have a TB EVO 4 prop shaft but the shaft joints have to be modified because the EVO 4 shaft is a few mm too long! I have a spektrum DX2.0 on the way, and a few other hop-ups in the future, still waiting for the carbon graphite conversion from 3Racing! Mamba Max 4600 with stock gearing (61/19 - 8.35 FDR) and this chassis is used for drifting only, i have never raced her!!
Old 08-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 4 sale

tt01 for sale, see post in for sale items $75
Old 08-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
piccies!

I have just fitted the carbon shock towers, alloy batt posts and some nice ceramic bearings from acer racing!! I have a TB EVO 4 prop shaft but the shaft joints have to be modified because the EVO 4 shaft is a few mm too long! I have a spektrum DX2.0 on the way, and a few other hop-ups in the future, still waiting for the carbon graphite conversion from 3Racing! Mamba Max 4600 with stock gearing (61/19 - 8.35 FDR) and this chassis is used for drifting only, i have never raced her!!
Wow that looks like quite the setup!! Maybe one day I'll get to that point... but for now I only have tamiya bearings, just about to install, 55spur/25pinion, aluminum prop shaft, 4200mAh battery... hehe

Drift Demon, what parts do you find helps you drift the most?? If you can tell

Also, what kind of battery you got? and What is your Gear ratio?
Thx
Old 08-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

What parts help in drifting? the carbon upper frame stiffens the chassis a little more, i have a square alloy diff locker in the rear and a loose ball diff up the front, the carbon tower bars remove the flex from the plastic shock towers, they all work greatly together. Im getting square front & rear stiffners & tamiya front & rear stabilizers, i have been told the stabs help heaps.

Springs play a big part in drifting. with the TRF dampers I have medium white springs with a little tension on the front and a little more on the rear. The TRF dampers are the best shocks ive had!!

Battery is a team orion 3200 lipo, im also about to grab another one, only the peak version though. Gear combo is 61/19 (8.35 FDR), and witht hat the 4600 still gets quite hot, so im strapping a 40mm fan to her and see how she goes with that, i did have 2 x 25mm fans strapped to her, but found that it drain alot of my runtime!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.