Mugen mbx6 eco vs the serpent 811e

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen mbx6 eco vs the serpent 811e

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

I don't think it's fair to call the Mugen/AE/Kyosho cars "not purpose built electrics".

The motor and battery are exactly where they should be. No need to reinvent the wheel. Move the diff over a little to centralize the battery a little and a new chassis plate.

There's nothing worng with the simple Mugen ECO style setups. Sure it's close to a nitro car layout, but it works fine.

It seems like all the goofy corndog layouts get applauded as "designed specificly for electric from the ground up". (Tekno/Hotbodies/Serpent/Durango) Some of those look like giant AE B44's. I hated working on my B44. I passed up buying the Techno this week because I don't like my electronics so cramped. Less body and sidepod = more crash damage IME. The tight fit in the Serpent or Tekno is something I'd like to avoid.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

Same opinion here, a modern design can make a small difference but shouldn't be choosen before the reliability of the car. Many drivers still run conversions with success
Old 02-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I was also looking for a 1/8 buggy and one of the memebers that was helping me out owned both the eco mugen and the sperpent 811 he talked highly of both but recommended the serpent over the mugen as well so it appears you made the right choice (i on the other hand am buying his mugen lol ) Good luck with your set up.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is there gonna be an electric 811 v2.0 kit soon? Buying a new 811e and separate upgrade 2.0 is not gonna happen.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gelshocker
Is there gonna be an electric 811 v2.0 kit soon? Buying a new 811e and separate upgrade 2.0 is not gonna happen.
I think the 2.0 buggy kit should be available sometime this summer
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Only real difference is shocks are on back instead of front on back of car and rear is a little wider... cheap upgrade for what it does, +1 on serpent
Old 02-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Champion

Update: I'm selling my Mugen ECO and going back to my Xray 808E (w/Xb9 shocks). I will be buying a Serpent in the near future, even though the saddle pack setup still seems goofy to me.

I found the ECO's achilles heel. Big air tracks with harsh landings. When you increase the pack in the shocks, naturally you lose some plushness and rebound speed, but the ECO hurts alot more than the 16mm shocks on the Xray XB9 or Sepent.

Those cars have a big advantage on those types of tracks. So I'll be buying a Serpent if Xray deosn't come out with an XB9E first.

Too bad the Serpent is kinda expensive because you have to buy the rear shocks and rear towers twice.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've noticed that most guys that say mugen are better have never owned a serpent. while. most serpent guys have had just about everything made lol
Old 02-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

that is so true lol
Old 02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Update: I'm selling my Mugen ECO and going back to my Xray 808E (w/Xb9 shocks). I will be buying a Serpent in the near future, even though the saddle pack setup still seems goofy to me.

I found the ECO's achilles heel. Big air tracks with harsh landings. When you increase the pack in the shocks, naturally you lose some plushness and rebound speed, but the ECO hurts alot more than the 16mm shocks on the Xray XB9 or Sepent.

Those cars have a big advantage on those types of tracks. So I'll be buying a Serpent if Xray deosn't come out with an XB9E first.

Too bad the Serpent is kinda expensive because you have to buy the rear shocks and rear towers twice.
Serpent runs great in its true form. Having the upgrade isn't a true requirement as long as you have a good suspension setup.. The Csi pistons help big time on all tracks..