Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Tc3 Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ixlr8nz
So have you guys seen how my car has the batteries down the centre?
Yeah, good idea. I've always been a fan of centered weight. Which is why I got the Pro 3. Unfortunately the car had too many other problems, and not just the flex(we fixed that). . . If done correctly it would make for a very nice car.

I'd suggest you post your car in a new thread on this forum, you don't want to hijack someone elses thread do you?
Old 03-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

what is the issue here...going fast or changing battery setup...if you dont wanna change your battery config...then your chassis will limit you...i have a few friends that have done a similar battery mod...called the 4x2 chassis for short...and they say it drives like a totally different car...and sometimes going fast means that you have to do things that you would rather not do or are not used to doing...

my $.02
Old 03-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys been reading all you stuff and like the new ideas with battery placement

i live in jersey so most people with aftermarket chasis use the IRS being it is located in jersey

i think the main thing with any car is SET-UP and making the little adjustments and ones driving ability

if i have the BRAND NEW HOT CHASIS and i cant set it up it is useless to me

if you cant set it up and you crash a couple of times a race it doesnt matter what you drive they all go the same speed on the roof . . .

lets practice driving a little more and not worry so much about all the chasis hype . . .

Chris08527
JRC
Old 03-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

very valid point...finish before you win....
Old 03-28-2004, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I met with the CNC shop in TO saturday and came to an agreement for the fabrication of 6 chassis. 3 weeks to hardware in my hands. As soon as I have them I will post some pics on the website.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Cant wait to see it!

I cant wait to mount the chassis to my TC3.. Its going to look killer!

Pickering
Old 04-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

heck I did it like that to my YR4-M2 back 5 years ago it's not a new idea. I just copied from penguin rc

http://www.penguinrc.com/products/yokomo/yr4/1700.shtml
Old 04-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Has anyone tried a moded chassis for the TC3 with a 3 x 3 layout (3 one side, 3 infront of the motor), and if so what was it like??? Just wondering as I would have fought (although I know absolutaley nothing about these things ) that this would be better balanced than a 4 x 2 layout??

Cheers

Crashmaster
Old 04-08-2004, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default Fabrication underway

Fabrication is underway. I should have the first prototype next week.

Here is my test plan. I will run 3 simulated 5 min. races with transponders on our Kingston track using my current TC3 setup ( chassis modified to lower batteries and move inboard). I will then swap the chassis reset the weight balance and repeat the process using the the same batteries and motor. I do not plan to change shock oil, springs or suspension geometry for this initial comparison. After it is all done I will compare and post the results.

I want to do a fair comparison and this is the best way I can think of doing it. Any other suggestions.? If you want to check out my local track go to:

http://leadingedgehobbies.com

and follow the links to Leading Edge RC Speedway and/or Race Results.

Bob
Old 04-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

ixlr8nz: Letme guess. You put some spacers under the transmission cases and bolted it on to your chassis? Either that or you re-engineered the tranny cases

I came up with that idea too a few weeks ago at school during study hall. Can you send me a few pics of the top....I want to help a bit in the enginering of your project and I'd love to be a test driver. Drop me a line at [email protected] but if you send any pics/attachments send them to [email protected]

I think I can seriously help you out. I had the same idea.....
Old 04-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry I can't give you any more pics or details as the car is under wraps for now. I have actually been racing it for a bit already, but it was found to be illegal at the New Zealand champs (kind of vague rulings) where I was actually running 5th in qualifying and had a lot of pressure on me from the officals which meant I was struggling to concentrate as you would expect, so I have had to run a std tc3 for now at local races.

I have actually put my name down for the worlds and a couple of other overseas races where I will be running an updated version which should be a bit better.

cya
Mike
Old 04-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

I'll send you another IM with a few ideas I have that might be able to help you. I have no cash and no hopes of producing a car so I figure I can help you a bit...
Old 04-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default O BABY

Drooool

www.members.kingston.net/rwdesign