Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2001, 01:34 AM
Tech Addict

Monsoon- Glad to hear from you... Gotta compare our cars as it looks like we've done some different and same modifications. We'll see what each did to get the job done. Getting my car ready for some good track and bench racing too. What's with the crazy pig latin?

Jzone- I'll save you a spot but I think your just doing it so that I have to haul the table and chairs out on my own. Get there as soon as you can so you can give me my motor.

Chrisman- The xpress universals will fit the front of the 5.2 with no mods but not the rear. The unis. are too long. They will however fit on the 6.0 rear or the 5.2 with 6.0 convertion.

RC Racenews- Whats the deal with o-rings as a tunning option? Can you elaborate how this effects handling and on what conditions?
Old 09-27-2001, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

myx and jzone... yeah car is ready, i will be late to get there, ...wat tires will work there.. looking to get new set
Old 09-27-2001, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Hopefully I get my car ready.As for Sat,it would be later in the afternoon.Hey Monsoon call me before you go.I might need a ride.Jzone and MTyxx....get us a spot too.Be good to pit together......Speaking of tires...heem ..no matter what we gonna use it's not going to work for hours until traction compound are soak in the carpet......and the amount of fuzz from the carpet too ....bearings will be filled with fuzz......oh well until it wears down a little,then it'll be fun.Monsoon...whch esc u be using??.......wanna but my v12??....I rather keep the cyclone for my F1..it has brake lites....Let me know..so I can take it off my TBO1.Remeber call me.Ok guys see you there.

Chrisman

P/S universals from xpress may be one way to back up the car soft cvds.I'm working on the cvds,will see if i can get harder material cvds.Let u know when I complete them.
Old 09-28-2001, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Chrisman... me gonna use tempest for now till i have some $ for another.. really, still undecided wat to get....,

myx.. do u know if abby allow foams for touring car... i got some foams left from the days at 16th & cambie
Old 09-28-2001, 08:05 PM
Tech Rookie

my setup is stock right now but i am still running outdoor, now the only problem is that i have too much play in my steering should i get bearings in my steering and a servo saver??
by the way this is my first r/c car that i have had to build so dont laugh if i sound stupid
Old 09-28-2001, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi 7even Racer,

Glad to see you here.Any questions are welcome here.Even if you a beginner or Pro.Nothing asked here are stupid questions.There's always an answer to your questions even if it is simple ,difficult or different.On your questions,yes a servo saver that comes with the 6.0 would do,or kimborough,Tamiya H/D servo saver works well.see you have many choices.Bearings for the steering would be benificial.No drag from the bushings better respond.Slops will come from the pivot balls if they are worn or a bad servo.Hope this will help you.Bring on the questions and we'll try to help.

Chrisman.
Old 09-29-2001, 02:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by 7even racer
my setup is stock right now but i am still running outdoor, now the only problem is that i have too much play in my steering should i get bearings in my steering and a servo saver??
by the way this is my first r/c car that i have had to build so dont laugh if i sound stupid
The 6.0 Pro steering bellcranks have ball bearings installed. Kimbrough mid size servo saver works great on the 6.0 Pro.
Old 09-29-2001, 07:01 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I will be running a Hi-Tec HFX esc. I am running Hi-tec products exclusively. I run a Lynx 3D FM, with FM dual conversion receiver, and unbreakable digital servo. If one has a really high quality servo, do they need to have a servo saver? I know that many racers do not used a servo saver.

Cmotif <><
Old 09-29-2001, 05:13 PM
Regional Moderator

A servo saver is a must for any servo. A high quality, metal geared servo can handle some big impact, but slop between the gears will be developed a lot earlier.
Old 09-29-2001, 07:55 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default What is the best servo saver for hitec servos?

Unfortunately the RC Lab servo saver doesn't have the right number of teeth of the Hi-tec servos. It looked beautiful though.

Thanks,

Cmotif <><
Old 09-29-2001, 08:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: What is the best servo saver for hitec servos?

Originally posted by Cmotif
Unfortunately the RC Lab servo saver doesn't have the right number of teeth of the Hi-tec servos. It looked beautiful though.

Thanks,

Cmotif <><
You are right. There is no servo horn for Hitec. I recommend Kimbrough mid sized servo saver for your Hitec servo. It fits perfectly and works very well. It has no slop.
Old 09-29-2001, 08:54 PM
Tech Initiate

i just got my rclab built, looks very nice, im waiting for some electronics.........meanwhile, here are some "fresh" shots of an rclab before touching the ground................

Old 09-29-2001, 08:55 PM
Tech Initiate

and yes, i do know there is already other pictures, lol.....

Old 09-29-2001, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

last one for now, i promise!!!!

Old 10-01-2001, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Chrisman- Nice call. If you don't know...ask. You might be doing someone else a favor that also has the same queestion.

Missed you at the race yesterday. I guess your car(real) didn't get finished in time.
Didn't get much testing done but the car is working pretty good. Traction went from none to high pretty quick and had to also chase tire setup. Monsoon and jzone also looked pretty good for comming in just in time for the first qual.
Overall I'd say it was a good and promising day.

chizzler- Nice pics. You only have 1 problem... It won't run without electronics. Let us know how you do on your maiden voyage. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.