Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Xray Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default It's sad that car never had more....

testing and development done. I guess I was right by the vibe of the artical it had potential.

Impactplayr...
I didn't know it had that, man, I may have to consider the new X-ray. Although, I do like molded carbon on my cars.

Last edited by RCknight; 01-22-2005 at 02:07 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:06 AM
Tech Elite

Default One thing...

I've never liked having my servo or motor hanging out over the chassis. It's not protected.

Another reason why I really like that HPI protochassis.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: The one thing I never see on a belted cars are...

Originally posted by RCknight
two piece aluminum bulk heads? One that you can get the diffs out of easy. That's one thing I don't like about the belted car designs I've seen. I have never see it done and I don't see why it couldn't be done. Have it screw in from the top, 4 screws, swing it up, over and it's out. An external diff adjustment would be great.
Try Schumacher. hey have always laid the diffs from the top.

The old Yokomos were the same as were plenty of others.

I agree with you that it seems so much more logical.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Default (RD)X-ray

Hi racers,

Looks like many that many companies trust the belt way the more right way. Because a shaft drive has some more dislikes in car performance. Left to right/right to left balance.

That's why I race the Corally RDX. It drives awesome. But will this really be the new X-ray.
http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=566
So not the car in the earlier picture. I must say that I don't really like it!!

CU
Attached Thumbnails New Xray Prototype-rd-x-ray.jpg  

Last edited by RDX_Charade; 01-22-2005 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: (RD)X-ray

Originally posted by RDX_Charade
Hi racers,

Looks like many that many companies trust the belt way the more right way. Because a shaft drive has some more dislikes in car performance. Left to right/right to left balance.

That's why I race the Corally RDX. It drives awesome. But will this really be the new X-ray.
http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=566
So not the car in the earlier picture. I must say that I don't really like it!!

CU
That's ridiculous the way you write " (RD)X-ray " lolololol,.......What do you mean backside??????lololol

Imo, i rather think Sir XRAY and Sir Corally don't play in the same pitch and with the same brain....lololol....Better you change your car before the RDX changes you in a " Rat Ditto Xerox "
Old 01-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm sorry. Car looks nice and clean on the 1st look, but I really prefer my RDX. No negative feelings to other cars.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: (RD)X-ray

Originally posted by Jonas
That's ridiculous the way you write " (RD)X-ray " lolololol,.......What do you mean backside??????lololol

Imo, i rather think Sir XRAY and Sir Corally don't play in the same pitch and with the same brain....lololol....Better you change your car before the RDX changes you in a " Rat Ditto Xerox "

True, Corally seems to be always one step ahead of X-Ray. Remember the first T1 was basically a rebadged C4.1, now they're coming out with a copy of the RDX (which is a copy of the 415, which is a copy of the MY-02, which is a copy of the YM34T, etc...). Now Mr Corally must be right pissed off...
Old 01-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The designs will always look similar, the differences are in teh execution... and that is where X-ray will always shine, the cars just fall together, and simply preform..... not to mention the backwards compatability.... what other manufacturers cars can use the suspension parts from older kits as tuning options????
Old 01-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

"Everybody has the right to be stupid....... STOP abusing your priviledge!!!!!

It is better to keep you mouth shut and have people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt........"

This is funny!
Old 01-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think Mr. Constant Paul cares a lot, and Juraj Hudy does his job. These cars of course have they're similarities, but they are by no means the same cars...

It's like twins, they might look the same, but oh boy can they be different to handle... eh....
Old 01-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 01-22-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Twin sisters then
Old 01-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

A couple quick issues. The Xrays on carpet I think tend to rub the chassis sides a LOT-even when narrowed up (aftermarket chassis) so a very narrow design will help there. Oh-raising the car up to say 5mm is not an option in my book.

And sadly-I dnt think Xray will shorten the shocks or ower the shock towers anymore. I say this because they would then antiquate there very fine line of shock springs-which are longer than associated, Losi, etc. But maybe with some ingenuity-they could make a shorter body that can still use the same springs.

Just my thoughts on things I have read.

Ray
Old 01-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Let's not forget that Xray is A sort of "The new kid on the block"
Where companies like Tamiya, Corally, Yokomo, HPI and some more have many years (and some even decades) experience.
Xray hasn't, they just stared, and they already are on the top.
If your saying Xray isn't inovative enough and copies things from others, I think you're wrong.
First thing, everyone copies, sometimes they don't even notice it.
It's a part of the business, and not only this... every business.
Second, there aren't many options you can choose from, for example, take A look at all those shafty's, they all look the same, but there just aren't so many layouts you can choose from.

I think Xray stands out from the crowd, it has so easy to tune and work on.
For example, you can adjust the rear toe angle by adding or removing A caster clip.
If you take A look at A 415, Pro 4, CGM and many more, you have to take the hingpin holder and replace it with another one (every degree has it's own holder).
Xray has always done there homework, and (I hope) it won't be different this time
Old 01-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have read conflicting comments on this forum. Is Feburary still a realistic release date for the new Xray? I would have to say NO!! It would be nice to have for the SnowBirds........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.