Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Yep, that's the plan. I have a stack of 22 ball cups ready to go on, that will do the job perfectly... but gotta find those rear bent ones!
Have you confirmed they fit?
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
Have you confirmed they fit?
haha.. nope, not yet... I ran tonight with my stockers. Have you tried yet? Even if they don't, it's not a big deal to swap out the ball studs as well.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where did you get the losi ball cups from?

I have heard that the 410 ball cups are great

I know that associated have bent ones but are unsure if they will fit
Old 10-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

The 22 ball cups will not work unless you switch over to the 22 ball studs.
The 22 uses a 4.8mm ball stud, the durango is right at 4.5mm I believe.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ok thanks, won't be a problem as I have a 22 as well, just want to know if I can buy just the ball studs and just the ball cups or if I have to buy it with other things on a tree or something
Old 10-25-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm going to try out the Jconcepts ballcups, they come with some of the "bent" ends. I've got a selection of ballends from converting the rest of my Durango vehicles over. My one complaint about the entire Durango line is their weak ballcups, I had hoped the new HD ballcups would be better but I still popped the rear hub cup off three time before I put a losi cup/end on it.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I'm going to try out the Jconcepts ballcups, they come with some of the "bent" ends. I've got a selection of ballends from converting the rest of my Durango vehicles over. My one complaint about the entire Durango line is their weak ballcups, I had hoped the new HD ballcups would be better but I still popped the rear hub cup off three time before I put a losi cup/end on it.
Well if thats their only issue, I wouls say they have a pretty good product! Change them out and have a great ride!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thecman26
Well if thats their only issue, I wouls say they have a pretty good product! Change them out and have a great ride!
I have the DEX410, DESC410, and now the DEX210 and I think they're all great vehicles, just with weak ballcups
Old 10-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
2nd Race Night Report In:

Well, I have to say, that my second night of racing on this buggy was 180 degree different than my first night. I had all KINDS off issues on Saturday which lead to my "disappointed" review on Sunday. (which was mostly about the track and my tires anyway) Today, Everything came together.

Track was MUCH better, my brand new tires finally broke in, a few small setup changes, and I got a tad more used to the car, and all of a sudden, this car turned into an absolute MONSTER. This car is EASILY the best RC car I have ever driven. I have never driven a car that was SO aggressive, but SO planted at the SAME TIME... usually, in most buggies, it is kind of a trade off between the two, and you have to find the middle ground..... this buggy is an absolute game changer. Here are some more additional notes after my race tonight:

- I am able to absolutely mop the floor with every other buggy in high speed sweeper stability. Where my B4 would be on edge, right on the line of becoming crazy, The 210 would feel like it was being drug around the track by a huge magnet under the dirt, and can do it significantly faster.

-2 With my medium grip track, forward traction is where the fight is.... the RM4 setup is absolutely golden. Whenever I hit the gas hard, it feels like the entire car gets sucked to the ground

-3 Is anybody elses dex210 as noisy as mine? It sounds just like an 8th scale buggy.

-4 I am more and more impressed with how well this thing jumps. Nothing lands anywhere NEAR as nice as the buggy does. We have this relativly large x-over double, with a decent downside. If you over jump it, both B4s and 22s will bounce, and either skid out, or flip over. Every time I did that with the 210 (hey, it happens), it would slap a little bit, but stays completely composed, and off the buggy goes. AMAZING.

-5 The ballcups still suck major balls... I was lucky that I didn't pop any off during any races, but during practice I did pop one. I was telling my buddies about how painfully easy the cups will pop off, and then they got to witness it first hand. I came over a jump and right as I was downsiding, a turnmarshal walked across the track. I hit the brakes, and ended up hitting the turnmarshal in the shoe at about 4 mph... and it popped a front steering rack ball cup. My buddy standing next to me on the driver stand saw the whole thing and said "holycrap.. you weren't kidding". "I don't make this stuff up", I said. That being said, I just laid off the throttle just a tad in my races to make sure i had no mistakes, and with no mistakes, comes no popped ball cups. That doesn't mean I won't hunt down a replacement set of ballcups for the car...

Overall, I think my setup is already just about nailed for my track, and the car is just amazing. Qualed 2nd tonight, and finished 2nd. I had the lead on the last lap and let the TQ by as he got by me on the inside on the same X-over I mentioned earlier.. I chased him back down and ended up crossing the line exactly 1 tenth of a second behind him.

I just got home from the track and I want to go back! Can't wait to get this buggy really warmed up.

-Cpt
Its good to see it came around. I run the 3 gear rear motor and mine seems to be really well stuck too. I am new to 2wd buggy and I am already putting in some fast lap time close to the really fast guys at my track.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Does 4 gear help with forward bite or will it make the the car push more? I may have missed the explanation somewhere.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I have the DEX410, DESC410, and now the DEX210 and I think they're all great vehicles, just with weak ballcups
What is weak about the ballcups? Are they a weak material or are they not grasping the ball completely?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
What is weak about the ballcups? Are they a weak material or are they not grasping the ball completely?
Good question...was wonder the same, hard for me to believe that durango is to blame
Old 10-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Too rubbery plastic. dont know better way to describe.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Does 4 gear help with forward bite or will it make the the car push more? I may have missed the explanation somewhere.
In theory, and correct me if I am wrong, a 3 gear rear has the motor spin up the usual way and when you punch it, the back of the car squats, taking weight off of the front wheels.

With the 4 gear, your motor is spinning the opposite direction and while the car may still squat under acceleration, it is not as much. So you have more weight on the front tires. (Motor spins toward the front/up instead of the towards the back/ground, essentially "lifting" the back of the car instead of forcing it down)

It could all be wrong, but that is what I have been able to take away from it all.

Originally Posted by UK.hardcore
Too rubbery plastic. dont know better way to describe.
Almost acts as if the cups do not go down around the ball far enough. After building the links by the book dimensions, I was using my wrench to do the alignment and every single ball cup popped off just by adjusting them. I attributed that to the tie-rods being tight, but now think that the cups are to blame. Am thinking about trying to heat and bend a long Kyosho end to see if I can make that work in the back. We will see. Still working on setup at this point.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Originally Posted by JayBuc
Good question...was wonder the same, hard for me to believe that durango is to blame
the plastic is too soft. The original ballcups would pop off when you tried adjusting the turnbuckle. The HD one's at least stay on when you're adjusting the turnbuckle but they still pop off way too easy IMO. I've converted all my previous durango vehicles over to Losi cups with standard ball ends and haven't had one problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.