Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most stable 1/8th scale buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

i like the thread gives good idea to people but all cars fit people different bashers to racers need car that is planted cause of heavy throttle finger 2wd to 4wd drivers can do ggod with the light nimble cars mugen 6 or rc8 even kyosho stable and light is hard to find but there is losi it will get loose but out of control can be driven loose also the xray car is good choice havnt driven a d8 cause everybody i know has parts support issue at local shops and they are fragile i have been told i personally have jsut switched back to losi after trying an array of buggies parts support is great in my area so it is what i will run but all buggies are good some just better than others for certain driving styles mine fits losi
Old 05-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
How can you justifiably say 1 car is better then the next if you've only raced for a month of so ? IMO only season Veteran's can answer these kinds of question's with any real truth.....Driving a Buddy's car for a couple laps around the track does not justify an opinion.

I didn't see anyone saying one car was any "better" than any other. Nobody is arguing quality, or speed, or even results. There are people who will kick butt with anything they drive..weight definitely plays a role in stability though..wouldn't you agree?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I didn't see anyone saying one car was any "better" than any other. Nobody is arguing quality, or speed, or even results. There are people who will kick butt with anything they drive..weight definitely plays a role in stability though..wouldn't you agree?
if a comment/post has anything to do with saying LOSI is not the best or there are other capable platform's available you can be SHURE that integra and 50 other people will chime in and beat you down 'till you accept LOSI

they need to justify those $1k roller's ya know

all hail LOSI!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Lord

That wasn't my view..Integra is a friend and I don't think that's what he meant..I think he meant more like "people with no clue shouldn't be giving opinions"

(Not aimed at anyone)

PS- I am really tired of every F$#king thread turning into a fight, can we not let that happen to this one please
Old 05-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
That wasn't my view..Integra is a friend and I don't think that's what he meant..I think he meant more like "people with no clue shouldn't be giving opinions"

I concur
Old 05-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I also agree. And will also agree that weight definetly plays a role. I started in 10th scale electric, and when lipo came into affect I jumped on board. But I found myself adding weight at different tracks sometimes up to 6 oz. Now to buggy my D8 is about 5 oz lighter than stock and built it during winter so didnt get a chance to drive it stock but wish I would have just because. I have no issues with it being twitchy and it is durable and this is my 1st buggy I came from 10th scale to truggy and now buggy. Some people have durability issues with any car and some people are just hard on their stuff. I will say this though I went to truggy for a year 1st because of suggestion from the electric but I wish i wouldnt have because I feel I lost some of that finess that I needed with the T4 and B4 driving that 10 pound brick last year LOL. I like the way the RC8 drives didnt like the 1st Losi havent driven the new same with mugen and Hyper havent tried the new 1s yet. I as soon as a saw the mag ad last summer for the D8 I was hook line and sinker on it and stuck with my choice and give my cars a season to work for me, I am not 1 of those guys who buy a car drive it for a week and sell it cause they "dont like it" if i had loot like that maybe I would be though. You got to give it a chance and try different things with it. Sorry for the ramble.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So if someone has not driven all of the different buggies out there then they should not offer an opinion as to what has worked well for them? I just want to make sure that I am reading this right.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by USP45
So if someone has not driven all of the different buggies out there then they should not offer an opinion as to what has worked well for them? I just want to make sure that I am reading this right.
I think it's more like don't give opinions on cars that you haven't driven...I would also think the main point was that just because a car is light does not make it unstable..just not as stable as a heavier car
Old 05-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Got it and I agree, "it looks" or "I heard" does not add up to much other then pure speculation.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i love people who make assumption's, don't you?

ignorance is bliss
Old 05-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
As the title says I am curious as to how all the current buggies stack up against each other on how stable they are. When I say stable I mean that the car does not like to get loose the harder you get on the throttle.
I promise you can set any buggy up to be stable, it doesn't have everything to do with weight. What I find funny is everyone gets these new buggies and reduces the weight even further, then they keep using the same springs, oils, and diff setups. Hmmmm,.. I wonder why its loose....
If you have a light car or move weight around in the car, you have to adjust the suspension and the diffs accordingly to maintain a "feel" of handling/hookup. My Xray 808 weighs in at 7lbs (3200-3250 grams), thats very light, but I have it set up so I can hammer the trigger if needed. However a lighter weight buggy does get you: quicker breaking, quicker acceleration, better jumping, better fuel economy, and less tire wear if set up accordingly. Oh, and did I mention the Xray is the lightest buggy on the market. Its not the least expensive and its not the most expensive, so I cant claim the "cheapest" ride on the track.
I think you should run what you think is cool, or what your budget allows and just be happy your running! However its not the greatest idea to be a band wagon hopper in this industry/hobby, its too expensive, you probably wont get sponsored doing this, and you wont learn the true capabilities of your ride.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 05-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

stock for stock the 808 is lighter...but with Unlimited mods the losi is by far the lightest buggy on the market.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

opinions are like a$$holes, everybodies got one. I agree with CarCrazy 100%, you can make any car stable with proper set up. I think you should buy the car you like best and make the car work for you by trying different set ups and taking the time to learn how the car reacts to different changes. So go buy a car and get out to the track and start setting it up!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

stock for stock the 808 is lighter...but with Unlimited mods the losi is by far the lightest buggy on the market.
anything lighter than stock, and you'll have to add weight to it for any of the big races
Old 05-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Not true. The Losi can never be as light as the Xray 808 for one main reason. The Losi uses a 4mm thick chassis and the Xray uses a 3mm chassis. Thats a lot of metal that you can do nothing about on the Losi. The Losi is just built on a heavier platform. Thats not a bad thing though, I like the idea of a thicker chassis for the US style tracks. Maybe some day Xray will make a "US" spec chassis at 3.5-4mm,.. now that would be cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.