Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Anyone know an on-line shop selling the Tekin 13.5 and mod motors?
why didn't you like the smell comming from your SP a couple weeks ago?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by or8ital
Has anyone ran their RS will a spektrum receiver yet? If so, were you able to run it without the Spektrum capacitor?
I've been running my FX with a Spektrum micro reciever with no Spektrum capacitor. I believe the RS has the same BEC specs...or so I hope.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
That sounds like you don't have enough money to me
I have the money

Now IDK if im going to buy one, or wait lol
Old 05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone ran their RS will a spektrum receiver yet? If so, were you able to run it without the Spektrum capacitor?
i have ran it with the mini spektrum reciever. but sorry I always use the cap because might car is light and I need the weight.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:04 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've been running it without a cap in both 2wd 13.5 with a standard pro receiver and in sedan mod with the mico pro receiver and no problems.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The Rs's BEC is solid. You will drop a spectrum before the RS shuts down. I have yet to see a spectrum shutdown since testing with the RS. Mo hasn't either and that would leave me to believe that is the norm.

Mo's grabbing a ton of power and laying it down on the sticky track right now in some serious heat. I also know he's going to be using top shelf digital servo's.

I have seen spectrum's go under or asleep if you will due to a huge servo drain where someone's epa's weren't set properly or the servo itself was on it's last let(which promptly gave up on the next run).

The RS has 7 led's that can help track this stuff down. If you were to lose spectrum the RS would flash all led's indicating it had no signal to see. I would also expect to have no steering with a failing or dropped spectrum receiver.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Mine is supposed to be here Wednesday or Thursday with hopefully it's first race on Sunday! I can't wait!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I realise this is going to sound a bit of a noob question... but I am desperate to get my hands on a new speed controller and my heart is set on an RS but they aren't available in Australia yet and I only have a week before my next race meeting... I am trying to wait but after a frustrating weekend of thermal-ing an old Novak SS trying to keep up, I am not sure I can...

I want an RS Pro... but they are sold out everywhere or still on order... there are more than a few RS's sitting on people's shelves... I read in the specs its can run down to a 5T BL... but could it stretch down to a 4T running 5 cells ... 95% of the time I don't run lower than 10.5T but when I travel away to other meets I need the ability to run a lower turn motor
Old 05-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Champion

Shadow- TEKIN's spec's are very realistic, so you would be pushing it a bit with what you have in mind. Warranty may be an issue if you are buying new and wanting to run that kind of setup.

I know 5cell is less work for the ESC, it is one of those border line things though, I couldnt promise how effective it will hook up.

Let someone else comment, I would hate to see the ESC not meet your requirements... I know we all dont like waiting at the best of times, but I would say the RS is the only true answer to your question here.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wouldn't recomend running a standard RS in 5 cell low turn mod. The lower voltage doesn't help us at all actually. There is still a large load and that is the deciding factor.

Wait and get the Pro unless you are not running low turn mods like the 5T's and lower. If you ran a 6T I'd be ok with it. Low turn mod TC is one of the largest loads out there period.

There should be more Pro's being built right now. They will get overseas soon. Keep an eye on the local guys here in the states also.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

could someone post a gearing recommendation (FDR) for the redline 362 with RS Pro, running 5 cell touring mod on a large track? Since this motor is so different from LRP/Orion, I don't know where to start.

btw, will the sensored redline motors be EFRA legal?
Old 05-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I wouldn't recomend running a standard RS in 5 cell low turn mod. The lower voltage doesn't help us at all actually. There is still a large load and that is the deciding factor.

Wait and get the Pro unless you are not running low turn mods like the 5T's and lower. If you ran a 6T I'd be ok with it. Low turn mod TC is one of the largest loads out there period.

There should be more Pro's being built right now. They will get overseas soon. Keep an eye on the local guys here in the states also.

Do you recommend the R1 Pro Rs 5 for cell and motors 4.5 and 3.5?

Thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by higbo
Do you recommend the R1 Pro Rs 5 for cell and motors 4.5 and 3.5?

Thanks
RS pro for 5-cell mod.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by omoser
could someone post a gearing recommendation (FDR) for the redline 362 with RS Pro, running 5 cell touring mod on a large track? Since this motor is so different from LRP/Orion, I don't know where to start.

btw, will the sensored redline motors be EFRA legal?
Yes they are built to be within the rules.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When are the 5t motors going to come in...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.