Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Track width

Originally posted by InitialD
Higher in the front (zero shims under the front upper arm) and higher rear roll center than stock like UBO/LB, UTI/LT, UTO/LT, UBI/LT and UBO/LT.

I believe when you put the zero shims under the front upper arms, you cannot mount the steering lingkage above the servo saver. You need to mount it like the manual.
I think can be done, it is very logical to have less steering for front to aviod traction roll. Only now UBO/LT for rear is not an option anymore (in JITC) since it will generate way to much rear traction that will make the rear kind of `hard` to follow the front. In case not yet mentioned, JITC track has been resurfaced. Great traction.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by cyba888
Pyramid,

When you use your drag brake does it wear out the brake pads fast, and how about in a 30 minute race?
Faster compare to when not using the drag brake? yes, I believe so. The only problem is I never keep track on how much faster. Anyway, you should be find on at least 6 hours using drake brake as I have tested before (then I sold the car but everything is still working perfectly including the brake pads). Sure you would have to adjust it tighther in between couple hours to have the same feeling.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:37 PM

Default TRacktion Roll

To me traction roll is a very good sign. It would means this particular car has more than enough traction compared to those that did not flip. My first priority would be lowering ride height to avoid traction roll (which is very effective); thus will still give me that tremendous tracktion that other cars dying to have! Next step would have been too easy parts to do.. get rid off those extra traction you do not need. Higher roll center as mentioned by miester D is one way to go, cutting inside front tires 2mm by, I believe, Art C is also the other way to go. Anyway, it is easier task then if I were needing to make more tracktion.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't get it wrong when using drag brakes... The drag brake is only suppose to "function" when you release the throttle and when the servo is in neutral position. Therefore at servo neutral position, the brake pads are rubbing the brake disc.

When you're on throttle, the brake pads are not suppose to rub against the brake pads. To check, roll the car (when the engine is off) on and off throttle. Off throttle, there should be a little drag. How much? That would depend on you. When you're on throttle, the car is suppose to roll free.
I understand how it works, im just wondering if it will hold and not wear out in a 30 minute race.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Track width

Originally posted by Pyramid
I think can be done, it is very logical to have less steering for front to aviod traction roll.
Yes, another valuable alternative.
But like Marcos mentioned, lower shore like 35,37 is a must to encounter less steering.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Radio Problems

Guys, I need your precious feedbacks !

Problem 1

I have a 3PK with HRS receiver. Futaba S9451 steering and KO 2144 throttle / brake servos. Symptom is when I get to about 50 feet from my Tx and car, the car looses signal and the throtte servo goes into fail safe mode.

Problem 2

When I swap my HRS receiver to the PCM one, I was able to control the servos like normal after switching from HRS to PCM mode on the Tx.

But if I go like 150 feet away, I find that especially the throttle input is pretty slow. I could notice this from the sound of the engine revs of the engine I get compared to the throttle input I give it. Sometimes, the throttle input seems like it's stuck to partially open and takes some time to get back to neutral position.

Summary

I don't know if the two problems above are related and that would mean either my servo or my Tx module is toast. My suspect with the first one is the antenna wire of the Rx wire is probably broken halfway. As to the second problem, I suspect that my KO throttle servo is a little off !

Any inputs to this is much appreciated.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by cyba888
I understand how it works, im just wondering if it will hold and not wear out in a 30 minute race.
I was actually trying to point out that the drag brake thingy would not be any different if you actually do it manually via precise throttle input (if you could) !

So using drag brakes to stop the car or using brakes like you normally would do to stop the car using a oneway front (if you could do it precisely) would wear the brake pads the same. Just that the drag brake method stops the car in a more automated way and more precisely.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Radio Problems

just a thought, have you checked your rx batts?

Problem 1

I have a 3PK with HRS receiver. Futaba S9451 steering and KO 2144 throttle / brake servos. Symptom is when I get to about 50 feet from my Tx and car, the car looses signal and the throtte servo goes into fail safe mode.

Problem 2

When I swap my HRS receiver to the PCM one, I was able to control the servos like normal after switching from HRS to PCM mode on the Tx.

But if I go like 150 feet away, I find that especially the throttle input is pretty slow. I could notice this from the sound of the engine revs of the engine I get compared to the throttle input I give it. Sometimes, the throttle input seems like it's stuck to partially open and takes some time to get back to neutral position.

Summary

I don't know if the two problems above are related and that would mean either my servo or my Tx module is toast. My suspect with the first one is the antenna wire of the Rx wire is probably broken halfway. As to the second problem, I suspect that my KO throttle servo is a little off !

Old 07-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Problem 1

Problem 2

Summary

Try different memory banking.
There is some unit problem here is cure by that methode.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Problem 1

Problem 2

Summary

I would swap receivers with a friend first to see what the problem is and from there it would be much easier to know if the receiver is bad. For the servo do the same thing and swap with another one.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:01 PM

Sell it and buy the newer one, Black TI, in case you have not use it Seriously, the newer batch has better moulding/production process. Not much sink marks. You would then back racing in the forum faster
Old 07-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Problem 1

Problem 2

Summary

I would say that the two problems are related. It sounds like either a weak signal (or poor reception) or you're getting noise into the system (some how the power isn't clean between the battery pack and the rx unit, or even another element induces noise, i.e. servo?). As you suggest, could be the TX unit too.

With your HRS system, the signal becomes too weak (too noisy?) therefore the system goes into fail safe. With the PCM, the encoded signal can be decoded to a better level than the HRS, but eventually the error rate becomes high and therefore your servo response time becomes longer.

Each element being quite expensive, it isn't so simple to swap those parts for new ones - the only suggestion to make is try borrow pieces from a young friend

Hope this helps somewhat?
Old 07-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Radio Problems

Originally posted by Pyramid
Sell it and buy the newer one, Black TI, in case you have not use it Seriously, the newer batch has better moulding/production process. Not much sink marks. You would then back racing in the forum faster
Hmm, that sounds like a dealer talking
Old 07-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by maverick
just a thought, have you checked your rx batts?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did. I changed to different ones. Still the same. If the battery was low, the fail safe on the 3PK would kick in.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Try different memory banking.
There is some unit problem here is cure by that methode.
Cool. Thanks for the tip. I forgot about that one. Will try it out before trying out the other suggestions.

p/s: You all would have guessed that I'm kinda lazy taking out and testing radio components one by one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.