Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 07:56 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
Yes. I notice that when I set mine to 120% on EPA and I end up with 90 odd % to get the steering to full lock at 26 degrees.
Which side is at 26? I never measure mine and would like to know some data in case you already have one
Old 06-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Pyramid
I`m running the best one
Ummm, Sow&Steady mentioned that the tires need a little warming up before traction comes up. It could be due to that. Besides, the best brand of tire does not have 45 shore rear tire.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Please give us more info on how would you expect the turning radius be the same (at the same speed) with let`s say DR at 60% compared to DR at full 100% while other thing being unchanged. Maybe I miss something about it. Thanks
I think what Palmaris Europe tries to explain is at the end of the car, it is the car's setup that determines how much you can turn. How much steering lock will make the car look like it's steering a lot of it does srub off speed while doing this. I think he was referring to running at high speed tracks where the sweepers are fast. Locking the wheels to the side more scrubs off speed.

Perhaps scrubbing off speed may be good for smaller tight tracks where the speed is automatically scrubbed off when coming into a tight corner as you make a turn.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Weight imbalance

1 full round would equal to about 0.5mm away which means your that side of the spring being compress more
Agreed. But I never have any problems with it.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Now still doing some testing on this one on Goldfinger`s car. No, not on less DR subject since I believe if other car can do it, why not S710
Like I mention, perhaps it's better to have more steering lock for smaller tracks and if your driving style is braking at the last minute.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Which side is at 26? I never measure mine and would like to know some data in case you already have one
26 degrees is when you measure the maximum steering throw on the wheel using the Hudy gauges on one side. For example, turning left, the maximum left wheel angle the wheel makes with the straight line when the wheel is at neutral position is measured.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:39 PM

Ummm, Sow&Steady mentioned that the tires need a little warming up before traction comes up. It could be due to that. Besides, the best brand of tire does not have 45 shore rear tire.
Logically (to me is the fact), every brand of tires (at least the one that I`ve been using before) need to be warmed up just like your engines that would work best on its actual running/race temp
Old 06-13-2004, 08:43 PM

Like I mention, perhaps it's better to have more steering lock for smaller tracks and if your driving style is braking at the last minute.
On the S710, it more on a not having true ackerman which is what we experimenting at this moment. Maynot be true, but we have to do what we believe.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:44 PM

26 degrees is when you measure the maximum steering throw on the wheel using the Hudy gauges on one side. For example, turning left, the maximum left wheel angle the wheel makes with the straight line when the wheel is at neutral position is measured.
So it would mean the inside tires right? if inside at 26, have you measured the outside? thanks
Old 06-13-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Anyone have any suggestions for getting more on power steering without effecting the off power steering?

Off power turn in is absolutely perfect right now but as soon as I hit the throttle the car wants to push to the wall.

Some idea of my setup is as follows:

7mm droop rear
1mm droop front
3 degree rear toe in
2 degree front toe out
2 degree camber front
3 degree camber rear
4mm caster front
drs arm level
rear roll center UBI LB
front roll center lowered (2mm under)
yellow springs
55w trinity oil - 5 holes front 3 holes rear
front one ways
rear diff medium to medium hard
37 shore front and rear
no front sway bar
rear swaybar mounted outside and bars at 90 degrees (custom swaybar or hopup? (not sure but the rear roll bar is different than the stock one thats in the manual, the one I have is a blade type)

also im using mazda 6 body

Track is small and not very good traction.

Is there any way to add on power steering without adding off power steering?

Edit: Ride height 5mm rear 4mm front, tire dia. 61mm

Last edited by Brightbluehaze; 06-13-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:47 PM

Besides, the best brand of tire does not have 45 shore rear tire.
I would leave this to Palmaris Europe to answer. I do believe he knows what is the best tires to use
Old 06-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Prophet

So it would mean the inside tires right?
Yup.

if inside at 26, have you measured the outside? thanks
No. Did not. But I thought Goldfinger measured and found that the inside and outside tires having different angles when mounting the steering linkage on top or below (as per manual) the steering servo saver...
Old 06-13-2004, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by Brightbluehaze
Anyone have any suggestions for getting more on power steering without effecting the off power steering?
You are posting right on the subject we about to experimenting. We do believe since S710 do not have True Ackerman, that is what you are having between on and off throttle. Again, we still doing some modification and will do testing this weekend.

You can experiment with the setups to gain more steering on throttle but we believe the results wont be linier to its off throttle.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:56 PM

No. Did not. But I thought Goldfinger measured and found that the inside and outside tires having different angles when mounting the steering linkage on top or below (as per manual) the steering servo saver...
He is very stingy with the data
Old 06-13-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Brightbluehaze
Some comments with regards to the setup you listed which may solve your problem...

Try more front droop ! i.e. from +1 to 0 or even to -1.

Less rear toe in. i.e. from +3 to +2.5 or +2 per side.

Perhaps the rear shock is too soft? I have not used Trinity 55wt oil with 3 holes before. You may want to try to mount your rear shocks more vertical or try a red spring in the rear.

Try the above one at a time.

You mentioned about a rear blade type sway bar? Any pics? Where did you get it from? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.