Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it just me, or does no one else understand what was just said in the last couple posts?

The bulkheads are just anodized a different color.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XrayFK
Is it just me, or does no one else understand what was just said in the last couple posts?

I guess the color makes them faster! I like my black ones just fine
Old 07-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
wah even you all are buddy also no need to say like that! i sure that here have a lot of people using Hara and Surikarn Edi especially me hahahahr
Guo Chean,i agree with u... Eventhough we're from Malaysia, we're in the TEAM (supposedly), but we do not help each other... I rather spend some time surfing the net to find out everthing by myself, aleast i can understand what is wrong and happening,they will only look down on beginners... Frankly, i will not share a single information with them... they are not worth helping... i think they're thinking the same way too... i should listen to u earlier, get a 415MSX... atleast Chee Yong is more sincere,readly to lead...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by XrayFK

Coz i'm gonna replace my front buckhead with a new one, i was just wondering wats the difference between the BLACK one and the PURPLE.. yes, i just noticed, they are the same.... i think i'll go for the black one too...
Old 07-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mun fei
Guo Chean,i agree with u... Eventhough we're from Malaysia, we're in the TEAM (supposedly), but we do not help each other... I rather spend some time surfing the net to find out everthing by myself, aleast i can understand what is wrong and happening,they will only look down on beginners... Frankly, i will not share a single information with them... they are not worth helping... i think they're thinking the same way too... i should listen to u earlier, get a 415MSX... atleast Chee Yong is more sincere,readly to lead...
take it easy, i have this happen before when i play in Malaysia. all setup for cyclone is buggy setup hahahar never mind lar learn your self like me currently when i go to race i was the only guy who runing HPI/HB in my place but the good thing is my place even thought they runing different car but they willing to share their experience with you.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Coz i'm gonna replace my front buckhead with a new one, i was just wondering wats the difference between the BLACK one and the PURPLE.. yes, i just noticed, they are the same.... i think i'll go for the black one too...
the hara and surikarn edi come with the revise upper buckhead more strengthen than the original black cyclone.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
the hara and surikarn edi come with the revise upper buckhead more strengthen than the original black cyclone.
upper buckheads which hold the shock towers right?.. wat about the buckheads? the same?
Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

upper buckheads which hold the shock towers right?.. wat about the buckheads? the same?
lower buckhead is same as black cyclone just the upper buckhead different only
Old 07-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the revised upper bulkhead which came out a good few months ago is now a standard part on the normal Cyclone and it's just the first few batches of the Cyclone which do not have these strengthened bulkheads?
Old 07-27-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Anyone know why some people don't use the carbon fibre plate over the spur gear and just use 4 screws instead? (is there any advantages?)
where can I buy ESC caps shown in the pic
Old 07-27-2006, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ballsie

I see this is KO Propo wiring, but is it 12GA, 14GA or 15GA.

What's the difference and advantage / disadvantage of one over the other?

Cheers.

where can I buy ESC caps shown in the pic
Old 07-27-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Champ RC - the caps are made by EX-Straight and called the "V8"

cost about $23AUD
Old 07-27-2006, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I am looking at running a spool for the first time with my Cyclone Surikarn Edition but I'm just concerned because when I have run a spool in my previous cars, they have had excess chatter in the CVDs. How is this with the Cyclone and what differences in setup have you guys found to be advisable with going from a oneway to a spool??

I've not run a spool much in the past because the car didn't seem to be very good with it, and was wearing parts really quick because of the chatter. I always just use a Oneway instead, but now I think a Spool may be the way to go.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi Simon,

I have been running a spool in my Hara for a couple of months now (using 7-9t mods). I have had no issues with my spool in that time or any other drive train part. My only advice would be to use lots of Tamiya anti wear grease on the spool outdrives and cvd pins along with all of the drive train parts (ie. rear diff outdrives, cvd joints)

I have noticed no chatter from the front end whatsoever, however, I only run about 19 degrees (l/r) steering - measured off a setup station.

Also, you might want to make sure that you use locktite on the grub screws on the spur gear adaptor, and both direct drive pulleys.

Even the standard driveshafts(V.2) have held up with no problems whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Leonard.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default "bulkhead"

"bulkhead"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.