Wiki Posts
Search

Searching for a good Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Searching for a good Clutch

What is the best clutch at the moment ?
I search for a better clutch as mine. I run a 966TE.

Can anyone tell me?

Thx

Last edited by Blessed Speed; 01-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blessed Speed
What is the best clutch at the moment ?
I search for a better clutch as mine . I run a 966TE .

Can anyone tell me ?

Thx
there is nothing wrong with the 966 Clutch. what is the settings you set the clutch to , and what shoe are you using.

i have used the Alloy clutch Bell and Black shoe, Awesome Clutch.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The best clutches available are made by Capricorn:

http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...id_product=907

This set comes with two shoes, two different springs and two thrust bearings.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The best clutches available are made by Capricorn:

http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...id_product=907

This set comes with two shoes, two different springs and two thrust bearings.
i know some one who has this clutch as well, and was having issues , and if the person in question isnt doig things right, then why push a clutch set on him that is hell expensive, why not help him to get what he has to work first , then once he knows what he is doing wrong, then he may look at the Cap clutch, but the Serpent Clutch is not bad, its very good.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
i know some one who has this clutch as well, and was having issues , and if the person in question isnt doig things right, then why push a clutch set on him that is hell expensive, why not help him to get what he has to work first , then once he knows what he is doing wrong, then he may look at the Cap clutch, but the Serpent Clutch is not bad, its very good.
The man is asking for a better clutch set compared to the 966 clutch, he's not asking how to setup his 966 clutch.
I believe the Capricorn clutch is the best available, build it with the following guide and you have a winning setup:
http://www.capricornrc.com/Istruzion...corn%201-8.pdf

Btw, where did I state the 966 clutch is bad?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Maybe hes asking for a better clutch because his is not setup right. Clutches in 1/8th scale are not easy to setup and they are very important to the way the car works. In 1/8th you can have the most perfect suspension setup, but if the clutch is off you're going to be nowhere. Instead of putting a band aid over the problem lets help him setup the stock clutch correctly, he might get the Capricorn clutch and have the same problems. Serpent makes one of the best clutches in the industry, heck, they invented the Centax.

Blessed, why do you think you need a better clutch? What problems are you having with the stock one?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
The man is asking for a better clutch set compared to the 966 clutch, he's not asking how to setup his 966 clutch.
I believe the Capricorn clutch is the best available, build it with the following guide and you have a winning setup:
http://www.capricornrc.com/Istruzion...corn%201-8.pdf

Btw, where did I state the 966 clutch is bad?
well i thaught you may have read the comment i made, just maybe he is having issues, the 966 clutch as i stated with alloy bell and black shoe, is one hell of a clutch. which i was answering his question by the way, this setup is better than the stock setup, and will cost him way less than a complete new clutch .
Old 01-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Lord

I know people running the MRX5 clutch on their Serpent and do not want to go back. It does fit using the Serpent clutchbell.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello to all ... I got no problems with setting the clutch I do this hobby for a long time now and think to know what I do. I have to define that I never used a serpent Clutch and tried it for the first time in my new serpent because my clutches which was made from a german company are not longer available. And my clutches are totaly gone now. I used this clutch since my mugen mrx4.

I got my clutches from a friend of me. He procured me this beautiful clutch.
Know how I said I canīt find where to buy it and tried other clutches like the original serpent and I tried the capricorn and a chinese made shit too.
Before I go to use a capricorn , I continue use the serpent clutch. I felt it better. The capricorn is expensive and for me not worth the price.Itīs only my view. It was very tricky to set the capricorn. A lot of drivers I knew changed the capricorn again with other or original clutches
The difference to the clutch I utilized in the past is not describable.
Higher rpmīs and a bullet out of the corner.
I canīt catch my friend at the moment , so I donīt know the name of the company.
But thank a lot for your comments. And thank to reloef. I will triy this mugen clutch.

Last edited by Blessed Speed; 01-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Is there such thing as 1.9mm centax clutch spring ? or even 2.0mm ?

Who make them ?

( I'm looking harder springs. I'm using Mugen Seiki super hard spring at the moment. Mugen Seiki ultra hard spring has less coils, and I kind off dislike it ).
Old 01-06-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by asw7576
Is there such thing as 1.9mm centax clutch spring ? or even 2.0mm ?

Who make them ?

( I'm looking harder springs. I'm using Mugen Seiki super hard spring at the moment. Mugen Seiki ultra hard spring has less coils, and I kind off dislike it ).
I measured my serpent spring and itīs 1,8. The superhard from mugen is a good spring with 1,9
Someone think that you must have a 2,0 to get a super clutch but it isnīt so
A lighter spring reduces wear of the clutchshoe and with the right setting you get an equal performing clutch as with harder springs.
Donīt know whatīs the matter with less coils ....?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blessed Speed
Donīt know whatīs the matter with less coils ....?
They can get distorted quicker than a spring with more coils.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The German company you are referring to, is it Gio Racing? If yes, he made a great clutch, the best I have ever used. He closed his business about 2 years ago but last I heard is getting back into things. I still sometimes use his clutch and I know a few others locally that use his clutch too. One of them said that he has been in touch with Gio (Giovanni) and that he will restart soon.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Gio Clutches

Just ordered a few clutches from Gio in Germany and he is back in business making then on a small scale. He will be back in full within the next few months with a new company. His clutches are superb!, hand made individually.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Ohhhh ok. I think that is the company where my clutches are from.
I canīt say it because my budy organized this clutch and I get my clutches from my budy and he tooks the money for it. But sincerly. Such a cluch I never run befor and after. I miss it

@smpracerx. Can you give me a contact of this men? Maybe in MP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.