Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PeteB
Hey Yeti35,

Do you like the airtronics 758?

I am just about to order two of them... I presume it will fit in the "R" the pics havnt given too much away in reference to how much space is up the front.

Cheers...

Pete
I like it so far, I bought mine used and it works great. I have it in my current JRXS. I like the KO I have sitting here as well, so you can't go wrong with either really.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Lots of faithful drivers to other companies lurking in this thread. I think maybe people are starting to get curious. :-)

1 week?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Lots of faithful drivers to other companies lurking in this thread. I think maybe people are starting to get curious. :-)

1 week?
Yeah, I even see Weiss lurking from time to time. Does this mean the Evicerator wants to drive a Losi again?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Yeah, I even see Weiss lurking from time to time. Does this mean the Evicerator wants to drive a Losi again?
He'd probably be scared to hang a GTB half way off the chassis. :-D

I don't think that thing is gonna mount on its side. Hopefully we can find a way to keep from running the motor wires over the top deck like Todd did.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-cimg0536.jpg  
Old 03-14-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Lord

Todd,

I see you guys are using the Jaco 2-stage 26MM tires. Are most of you using double pink/double pink orange, or double pink all the way around? Does the setup in the kit assume double pink orange up front?

Edit: Actually, it looks like you're using the normal 2-stage, not the 26mm.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:11 AM
TLRacing

Todd,

I see you guys are using the Jaco 2-stage 26MM tires. Are most of you using double pink/double pink orange, or double pink all the way around? Does the setup in the kit assume double pink orange up front?

Edit: Actually, it looks like you're using the normal 2-stage, not the 26mm.

At the Nationals we ended up with Double Pink 28mm on the front and rear with the front side wall glued over the sidewall. We started our tires at 55mm. I would run them brand new in 19T and then rerun in them in mod.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
At the Nationals we ended up with Double Pink 28mm on the front and rear with the front side wall glued over the sidewall. We started our tires at 55mm. I would run them brand new in 19T and then rerun in them in mod.
55mm, wow! What do you mean by over the sidewall? All the way up so the glue is flush with the surface of the tire, or even past that and onto where the orange part would normally be?

It seems like all the setups lately are going to double pink all the way around.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

glue over sidewall= slightly onto contact patch..
Old 03-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
glue over sidewall= slightly onto contact patch..
Cool, thanks for the info.

I notice when I watch the videos from these races that guys are able to take the turns with a ton of speed and not have the cars lift or dig in too much when the weight transfers to the outside during the turn. Does gluing the sidewall help with that by taking away side bite? When I try to take turns like that, my car wants to lift like it's going to traction roll, so I end up having to be slower in turns. I can stop that somewhat by taking a more "swoopy" line, but the car still digs in if I try to carry too much speed through the turns. I'm sure setup is part of it, but even when I duplicate setups used by factory guys, I have the same trouble.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

I notice when I watch the videos from these races that guys are able to take the turns with a ton of speed and not have the cars lift or dig in too much when the weight transfers to the outside during the turn. Does gluing the sidewall help with that by taking away side bite? When I try to take turns like that, my car wants to lift like it's going to traction roll, so I end up having to be slower in turns. I can stop that somewhat by taking a more "swoopy" line, but the car still digs in if I try to carry too much speed through the turns. I'm sure setup is part of it, but even when I duplicate setups used by factory guys, I have the same trouble.

youv got it.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

1 week?
got mine on pre-order
Old 03-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Yeap the car looked even better on the track in person than it did in the video. I think Todd actually turned the fastest lap of the week in one of the mains....that correct Todd?

EA
Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yeap the car looked even better on the track in person than it did in the video. I think Todd actually turned the fastest lap of the week in one of the mains....that correct Todd?

EA
Think your right there EA, I was listening on the net and watching the times, car was the quickest if not the most consistant, well it wont be in my hands
Ok Todd if its not the 20th, then when? or is Pooks on the right line again?
Malc
Old 03-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Lord

So the idea then is to have enough lateral grip that you can make it through the turns at maximum speed without sliding too much or breaking traction, but not so much that you lift or traction roll? That right? It sure does suck when you lift, since the car diffs out, and then sets back down and exits the turn all out of shape. It's further exacerbated by the torque of the brushless motors.

Anyway, sorry to get off-topic in here. I'm trying to get my head around this stuff, and you have to take the learnings where you can. People don't find this stuff nearly as interesting to talk about as paid stock drivers. :-)

I've been watching the video of Toso's TQ run, and you can see pretty clearly that the guys driving the Type-R seem to transfer weight much quicker, and have what appears to be a much crisper cornering response. I imagine it's even more noticeable in person, or when you're actually driving the car.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

keep in mind, that is only for front tires and in extreme traction.. when you glue a rear, you generally dont want to go to the contact patch- but maybe 3/4 of the sidewall.

Also, when you glue tires remember to keep an eye on tire wear.. the glue wont wear, but the rest of the tire will, leaving an edge that could cause for loss of traction.

KB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.