Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

OK, I just got home from work and Paul's new foam tire carpet setup is up and online- New Carpet Foam Tire Mission setup

BagofSkill- We used the AE .032" (I think that's right) white spacers like comes in their shock rebuild kits to space the lower arm between the hingepin mounts. They fit perfect and don't interfere with anything. They also make the castor tuning more finite.

Teacher- for stock racing you may be right. I've been running all 19 turn and mod, so I haven't been too worried about scrubbing a little speed in exchange for side bite. I won't be running stock on foams any time soon, so I'll let you guys do the fine tuning on the stock motor setup....

Paul W- looking at the new foam setup sheet, it looks as if Andrew wasn't running the roll center mod. Is that correct?

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 01-29-2003 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:46 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Thank you once again BigDog and yes, we are now running the stock roll-centers on foam and rubber tires.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

DW - can you turn PM on so i dont have to clutter up this thread with non schumacher stuff.
Old 01-29-2003, 12:29 PM
Tech Rookie

The setup should be more stable and way easier to drive. Keeping the shocks in a more vertical position mellow the car out a lot.

andrew

Last edited by deoff; 01-29-2003 at 01:11 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:32 PM
PW
Tech Elite

The new setup posted by BigDog is for medium to low-bite conditions. That setup should be easy to drive and very stable.

The front shocks should also be in the #3 position on tower. I made a mistake on the setup set.

On a high-bite track Andrew runs 25lb AE springs front and rear in the same position and also runs 45wt oil front and rear. He will also run 0deg in-board toe in the rear. One step at a time is suggested
Old 01-29-2003, 02:25 PM
PW
Tech Elite

I'm going to have BigDog post Andrew's "high-bite" setup so there is no confusion. This setup will be hard to drive and is for well experienced foam racers

Last edited by PW; 01-29-2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Snowbird's

See everyone at the Bird's. I cant wait to get away from this freeze.
Raul
Old 01-29-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

BagOFSkill. glad you like the R/C mod, I have been running the same setup for around 6 months now...I made my own front spacer out of 2mm carbon. and the same rear blocks...

as Big dog suggests, try running some thin shims instead of o-ring and C-clip, allows very fine tuning of castor.

The mod increases mid to exit steering, whilst taming down the mega initial turn in the car exibited previosly, overall a nicer feel throughout the turn.

Putnam has also installed the new kit, It's nice that schumacher included the steering post base and rear spacers also!.

I have found that once you do the mod, there is no need to revert back to the standard peices to change back roll centre, as you just flip the alloy blocks and remove the front spacer..neato!.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

OK guys, here's Andrew's high bite carpet foam setup- High Bite carpet

This one will be hard to drive, but really fast....
Old 01-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Well looks like the dynamics of these cars do have some carry over from brand to brand. I have done much testing with roll centers in terms of working with the xxxs. I have found that next to tires that is the biggest adjustment on the car. I am now looking to get my mission on that same level.

On Front roll I take it that everyone feels that the car is more stable and has less initial steering as the car raises its roll center. On the losi, espessially in stock on rubber tires as you lower the front roll you allow the car to initiate corners faster. This can also make the car unstable....is this the same reasoning behind using the roll mod on the mission?

I also know that as you raise the roll center front and rear you can really get the car to break the tracks bite on the car. A high roll center front and rear on the losi has been much faster on high bite tracks. Do Mission owners mess with that combo of both high fron and rear? If it does I am going to really like this car! Love all the tuning stuff I can do already...just wanted to keep messing with roll centers...

Thanks for any info.

Jeff
Old 01-29-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

PW- King G and I have been playing with your setups(TakeOff carpet) and slight variations. Some stuff works well but im keen to know why other things are as u used.

We are running on a tight asphalt med-high grip track. First of all why are people using the 20 toth pulley on small tracks? Shouldnt the 17 be better?

I like the upper links for top arm. Gave the car a lot more agility and rolled more. Wasnt so surte on the grey springs though. Seemed to allow the car to roll to much and scrape. Will try blue or red springs.

Oils im running 45 and 2 hole piston. Its a bumpy track in places but generally very smooth. 2 hole seems to handle everything. Thinking of dropping to 35 or 40wt.

I use the same shock mount which is good but the inboard toe we have been running as 2 in front and 0 in rear. I notice you run the opposite. Was your car loose and you had to use that? Our cars arent loose at all but we need more corner speed i feel.

Sorry to ramble
Old 01-29-2003, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

This may sound dumb, but Chris are you talking about the Take off (tires) setup? I am currently running one like that but the setup is weird. 5th hole for the shocks on the rear and 1st in the front. 27s in the rear hooked up but I ran 20's to give a lil more bite.

Last edited by fireblade; 01-29-2003 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah thats the one im talking about. I have always like laid down shocks and been very successful with that setup. As for tires I am a firm believer in running the same tyre all round. Tyres are the most important part of a setup and they must be balanced
Old 01-30-2003, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah. My carpet setup did ok with 27s all around. But then I went to Sorex 20s with HPI greens in the rear. The car seemed to have more rotation of the back end. I did want to try to move the front shocks out to the 2end hole to get a lil more front end bite. On asphalt iam gonna try it with 27s all around. Then I will post my setup on this board.

BTW- My setups start mostly stock (45wt oil) and I use all AE springs.
Old 01-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Just wanted to let you know that if you are looking for another source of parts for the Mission KT Hobbies has them in stock. If you don't see something you are looking for let us know and we will add it.

Thanks
Kraig
KT Hobbies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.