Wiki Posts
Search

taking care of AMB transponders

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default taking care of AMB transponders

Registered transponders should have received this email, one reason why it is important to register your transponder. The other reason to register it is that no one can use it if lost or stolen...

Important Announcement for AMB Customers

Dear Valued AMB Customer:

It has come to our attention that some customers are using abrasive detergents, high-pressure hoses, or even submersion in an effort to clean their transponders after use. Doing so can result in degradation of the transponder's circuitry and overall performance, and damage resulting from these practices will not be covered under warranty.

AMB transponders are designed to perform at an extremely high level in typical motor sports environments. However, they are still susceptible to damage when handled improperly. AMB recommends gently washing your transponders with clean tap water and allowing them to fully dry before attempting to charge them.

If you have any questions or would like further clarification on the proper cleaning and treatment of your AMB transponders, please feel free to contact us by phone or via email, or visit AMB's support site for more information.

AMB i.t.

3200 Highlands Pkwy, #104

Smyrna, GA 30082

www.amb-it.com

877-426-2488 or 1-678-816-4000
Old 08-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think this pertains more to transponders mounted on full size race cars. Why would anyone be washing thier rc transponders with high pressure hoses? Still good information none the less.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
I think this pertains more to transponders mounted on full size race cars. Why would anyone be washing thier rc transponders with high pressure hoses? Still good information none the less.
I am not a subscriber for auto transponder only for AMB RC.... Passing along the message... I get messages pertaining only to RC....
Old 08-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Some years ago when I was into 1/8th offroad I would take my car to the car wash and use the pressure wash to clean it! Throw it in the back of the pickup to air dry and spray with WD40 when I got home.

Course that was minus the radio tray with the electronics and before the day of P/T's.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I assume they are talking about the old style transponders and not the new personal ones that most people are running. Thats by the comment allow it to dry before charging since the personal ones don't require actually charging the transponder and the old ones do. Our local track has some of the old style ones but we don't use them anymore but I can see how they could get damaged.