Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monster 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Motor seems to like 767's and XXX brushes from what our testing have showed.

I will know more by the weekend as I just got them in yesterday and have already sold over a half case so I have been doing alot of playing....
Old 02-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

have these been roar submitted......
Old 02-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by atomicandy
i am currently waiting for the co27 to come to the uk but as of yet we have not had them yet . it will be interesting to see how they fair
I am seriously not trying to be a jerk, just a bit of friendly info for the uninformed. (or maybe you know and are "la-z" like me when typing on forums) any way

its "fare" not "fair"
Old 02-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Suspended

Nice Andrew.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i just got the CO27 tonight (the non-pro version) and i could walk faster down the straightaway then the car would go lmao

i know you cant go off of T-35 amp number but @ 2 volts before tuning it was pulling 2.3 amps with a fan on it

afterwards 12.5 amps @ 2 volts with fan and about 5-7 minutes of motor work ....a little high for amp draw but nothing a little fine tuning cant fix
Old 02-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
Tonight was interesting... I'm going to try one more set... but I liked the motor a lot better with the 767's yesterday then I did tonight with the F brushes.
on my motors with the F brushes the #'s on the Turbo 45 dyno got better after i did a second break in of an additional 300 sec for a total of 800 secs
Old 02-15-2006, 12:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

i am currently waiting for the co27 to come to the uk but as of yet we have not had them yet . it will be interesting to see how they fair
Atomic - Could be a wait as the ZZ got thrown out and I don't see the importers spending money on motors that they 'might not' be able to sell. It wouldn't be the first time that TT came out with something that didn't meet the regs. There has been a thread on racechat.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
on my motors with the F brushes the #'s on the Turbo 45 dyno got better after i did a second break in of an additional 300 sec for a total of 800 secs

I'm starting to wonder if this was my problem. i was only able to break them in at like 1.6 v for 5 minutes. Anything more would spike up above 10 amps and it would shut my ice down. I'll have to look into this some more, maybe borrow the LHS's turbo 30 to break it in quick. I wonder if this has anything to do with the purple/red combo, maybe I should test out a red/red.... hmmmm....
Old 02-15-2006, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

F brush is known to draw a lot of currrent. Hopefully, no problem with the armature itself.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XMSRacing
I'm starting to wonder if this was my problem. i was only able to break them in at like 1.6 v for 5 minutes. Anything more would spike up above 10 amps and it would shut my ice down. I'll have to look into this some more, maybe borrow the LHS's turbo 30 to break it in quick. I wonder if this has anything to do with the purple/red combo, maybe I should test out a red/red.... hmmmm....
do you use a fan on the motor to break the motor in? I dont use a fan but i use a small 12v fan blowing on the motor so there is no load while the motor breaks in. I use the purple / red combo on my motor
Old 02-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Tech Initiate

ty andrewdoherty for your spelling lesson but i came here for some input on the co27 not on the correct words that i should use.yes maybe i was a little lazy by the way (LAZY IS SPELT LIKE THAT) but i was rather busy.so if you have no useful information regarding this product then i do not wish to hear from you. many thanks. ps did i spell your name right pps just a bit of friendly information
Old 02-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Frank N. Furter
Atomic - Could be a wait as the ZZ got thrown out and I don't see the importers spending money on motors that they 'might not' be able to sell. It wouldn't be the first time that TT came out with something that didn't meet the regs. There has been a thread on racechat.
The Matrix got thrown our as t was using a completely new design of can that didn't make the regs (things like the 4 holes being 90 deg apart)

The CO 27 will pass when its' put forward as it meets the dimensional specs.

Trinity have made some massive claims for it, I expect the difference will only be a couple of % over what's gone before as there is only so-much you can do with the tightness of the regs.

We won't see its' true potential unti the "tuners" get their hands on it.

Still it is a nice colour
Old 02-15-2006, 06:52 AM
Tech Initiate

ty exint2 yeah it is a nice colour i am hoping that team brood will get there hands on it i think they will sort it.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by exint2
The CO 27 will pass when its' put forward as it meets the dimensional specs.

So how are you do sure that it meets the dimensional specs?
And whose regs?
It has a different 'new' arm design and mods to can.

By claims do you mean 'Hype'?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

From what I understand...it has P2K torque with Monster RPM.(But...I'm hearing that the RPM is not as high as a monster)

If that is the case,wouldn't a Red/Green spring combo be a better fit for guys looking for more RPM??
For guys running a Purple/Red...why not gear it higher to get the speed down the straight??

What is wrong with the stock brush that comes on the motor??(4499)
What would make the "F"brush or the 767's any better??
What about the 4505's??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.