Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Monster 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No it is not ROAR approved! So it's out of the question for this weekend. I got one just to see what it could do!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Twin-Kyle
From what I understand...it has P2K torque with Monster RPM.(But...I'm hearing that the RPM is not as high as a monster)

If that is the case,wouldn't a Red/Green spring combo be a better fit for guys looking for more RPM??
For guys running a Purple/Red...why not gear it higher to get the speed down the straight??

What is wrong with the stock brush that comes on the motor??(4499)
What would make the "F"brush or the 767's any better??
What about the 4505's??
Dyno results are showing 2k more RPM with 767's..

This is with red on neg. and purple on pos.*note* red spring is tweaked for a bit more tension to be inbetween a red and purple...
Old 02-15-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
do you use a fan on the motor to break the motor in? I dont use a fan but i use a small 12v fan blowing on the motor so there is no load while the motor breaks in. I use the purple / red combo on my motor
I use a break in fan, this is the only motor I have had an issue with so far. I'll trying running the motor again on sunday in a qualifier and see if it gets any better. I'm going to play with the gearing with the F brushes too, maybe it changes the motors torque characteristics enough to warrant even higher gearing then I was running.

After Sunday I'll be starting to drive the Tamiya 415 MS I just picked up, well.. will be picking up on Friday that is. So that will add a whole new demension to my search for faster times! Speaking of which... time to add her to the signature!
Old 02-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgullickson
Dyno results are showing 2k more RPM with 767's..

This is with red on neg. and purple on pos.*note* red spring is tweaked for a bit more tension to be inbetween a red and purple...

Was there a difference in torque between them?
Old 02-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just got my first opportunity to run this motor last night. I spent the first hour truing the com, polishing the shaft and bushings. Installed "F" brushes, and also a purple/red spring combo.

By the time I was done, it was already time for the first qualifier, so I kept my epic ROAR stock in and was turning 13.5 second laps, not very good, this motor has a tissue paper thin comm.

after my first race, I had already broke the motor in, and realigned the hoods. I went out and practiced a bit with my previous race pack just to give it some track conditioned break in. I wasn't going for any fast laps

Then My second qualifier came up, I did considerably well, I went from 13.5's to 12.8's. But I had other problems that caused me to qualify in 5 th place

I didn't change anything except for the left side foam tire I cracked into a couple pieces, "I hate JACO rims" and I geared up 1 tooth.

The main qualifier started and I already had jumped into 4th, I worked my way up to 2nd but I lost it with 30 senconds left, but was almost able to catch up before time ran out. I finished in 3rd, just 2 tenths of a second behind second place.

Final thoughts, the closing speed was tremendous, and the torque out of the corners was just as good. This motor started off as the cheap non tuned one, but I was able to spark some life into it. I love this motor!!!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Greg45231
Fuzzy,

What dyno are you using?

If it's a CE can you post some numbers?

Thanks

Greg
I bought a pro motor at the birds and will dyno (CE), tune (w/several brush combo's) and dyno again tonight. I'll post the results ASAP.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks teamgp.

Everyone here is going brushless so I sold my turbo 45 to Curtis at DC Motorsports. I don't trust the numbers from anything else but a CE because you can't make sense of the data.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks,

Greg
Old 02-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

xlgraphicspro.....how did you find the gearing to be vs. a monster or p2k2? so far i have heard it has the torque of a p2k2 with rpm close to a monster. i would assume from those statements that you could gear it similar to a p2k2 and benifit from the extra rpm. i have an untuned one that i will be running this weekend, offroad truck. i will post some results later.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think the CO27 isnt legal yet, can some one inlight me on this, when will it ne legal
Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Installed and going to run for the first time tomorrow morning. Will see how well it works, but I'm confident it will scream.

Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So i picked up a standard version on the co27 tonight. Got he thing home pulled it all apart a did my standard stock motor tune up to it, and the thing doesnt seem to produce any power on my fantom dyno my monsters are way better than this motor is. my normal numbers are:
monster:
rpm torque power eff.
23,000 .945 64-67 watts 45-50%
my co27 was as follows:

rpm torque power eff.
19,400 .920 60-62 45-50

my bigest concern is the rpm number and the torque doesnt seem like gearing up would solve the lack of rpm...

so i guess my question is what setup are you guys running on your motors i settled on a purple red combe with full face no serration 767.
thanks willy
Old 02-16-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's probably because of your dyno. Big Jim (the foremost authority on motors) continually mentioned that the fantom dyno heavily favors RPM motors, and therefore does not produce reliable results.

GrandeGixxer,
Can you change the subject of this thread from "Monster 2" to "Monster CO27"?
There is no "Monster 2" reference anywhere on Trinity's site. The true name for this motor is the "Monster CO27".
Old 02-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So far I am impressed with the RPM and torque. Waiting to try it out on the track. I like what they did with the blank to get more out of it. Tuners will find what works, Lightspeed has.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

jrrc had a standard CO27 at Stockton last night that he geared up by two teeth after his initial run with Monster gearing...Was rocketing down the straights against my best EA Monster. And he would have been 3rd when compared to the fastest lap times in 19T...Only 6 seconds behind the TQ.

I ordered a couple from EA to play with.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly
So i picked up a standard version on the co27 tonight. Got he thing home pulled it all apart a did my standard stock motor tune up to it, and the thing doesnt seem to produce any power on my fantom dyno my monsters are way better than this motor is. my normal numbers are:
monster:
rpm torque power eff.
23,000 .945 64-67 watts 45-50%
my co27 was as follows:

rpm torque power eff.
19,400 .920 60-62 45-50

my bigest concern is the rpm number and the torque doesnt seem like gearing up would solve the lack of rpm...

so i guess my question is what setup are you guys running on your motors i settled on a purple red combe with full face no serration 767.
thanks willy
damn Willy that sucks...im sure youll figure it out soon enough

i know i had Phil try mine out last night and it had tons of rip out of the corners...way more then the Monsters he had sitting around with a touch more top end also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.