Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Mike Blackstock Trinity ,Rcamerica, Team Xray  Edition.. >

Ask Mike Blackstock Trinity ,Rcamerica, Team Xray Edition..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Mike Blackstock Trinity ,Rcamerica, Team Xray Edition..

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 06:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Barry, when are you going to venture away from associated and get a real car!! XRAY!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Mike great job at the snowbirds!! And I just wanted to THANK YOU for putting Billings Montana on your scheduled. You will make our 16th Annual Carpet Challenge March 10-11-12 one to remember . Our hole club and surrounding area is very excited !! See you in March. VP Magic City R/C Racers Justin Poulson http://www.magiccityrc.com/flyers/2006_classic.htm
Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

mike: would like to get your thoughts on what quite a number of t2 racers have raised on the rear toe issue. is it really a mold issue on the rear hubs or a slightly off mounting hole on the chassis for the rear bulkheads. dont get me wrong, not trying to bash the car coz i love it and it runs awesome! still just cant help but ask if these minor flaws are going to be addressed by xray, and if so, how .... thanks in advance. ... and congrats to the team for dominating the birds! good job!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ROBORAT... I think there was a molding issue of the way the plastic cooled.. I think the whole process changed some of the toe in blocks causing this problem.. I know they are working on fixing it right now.... As for the car. Right now this is the best car i have ever driven...

Mike
Old 03-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Mike,

Just want to know what Jaco compound you have use in 1/12th scale at Fastcats. I hear that you use Double pink 2 stages front and white rear, it is correct?

I have hear about new tire from JAco: black front and yellow rear, any news???

Good luck for the national

Thanks
Old 03-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Mart 42.... I used 2 stage double pink front and white rears in 19turn at fastcats...

For the nat's this past weekend i ran 2 stage double pink and the new 2 stage yellow tire... this worked very well...

Mike
Old 03-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Quote from you Mike! "For the nat's this past weekend i ran 2 stage double pink and the new 2 stage yellow tire... this worked very well...

Mike"

Hmmmm-where did you get those tires? How come I wasn't informed about those tires? Good job again for winning another national title, buddy!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Dumas
Quote from you Mike! "For the nat's this past weekend i ran 2 stage double pink and the new 2 stage yellow tire... this worked very well...

Mike"

Hmmmm-where did you get those tires? How come I wasn't informed about those tires? Good job again for winning another national title, buddy!
He felt that you were already fast enough, and didn't need any of his help What up Dumas?

And Congrats to Blackstock on yet another National title.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the infos Mike,

Congradulations for your National title

I'm gonna give a try to this new tires this week-end at fastcats (black and yellow) . But you show that Double pink 2stages and white was a winning combo.

Thanks again
Old 03-22-2006, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Mike,
Great job at the Nationals. TQ and a Win in 12th. Way to go!!!

Also thanks for coming to the Magic City Classic in Billings, MT. I went back and counted the registrations carefully and it was the biggest we ever had thanks to you. You were great with everyone and showed us how the Pro does his craft.

Guys, this is the person you want to come to your race, he is great with all racers and will even spend tons of time wrenching on locals cars.

Thanks Mike and God Bless
Bryan
Old 03-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with Bryan--was very impressed with Mike and his willingness
to help anybody--it is great to see a top pro able to enjoy himself
at a club event.
Rick K.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Dumas... HAHA... Bruce had some that andrew grey tried and hated, I assumed you tried them also... sorry ;-)..... Good job this past weekend too man....

Cypress... thanks man.. yea i was at a disadvantage as the track was bumpy like cleveland so i needed one up him on something ;-)

Mart42.. I think this combo will be better then the just plain white rears in my opinion. if i had them when i ran there i would have run them probably...

jsaves.... Thanks guys... as for this race in MT i had a blast and hope to come out there again soon.. you guys were first class all the way.. thanks for the great time...

SrRC.. thanks for the kind words.. it was my pleasure to help anyway i could... thanks for letting me come to this race once again...

Mike Blackstock
Old 03-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Dumas

Mike"

Because he didn't want you get pissed and throw a bottle at him, gunshow!
Old 03-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

mike what would be a good tire combo to run on touring car and 12 scale on a low and med high bit track.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mike,

Have you had any problems with the front belt coming off while racing mod? I put a new belt on and used the default settings for tension and then increased it after it came off the first time, and then again after the 2nd time. Very weird I know. I never had this problem in 19T, just MOD.

Let me know and again congrats!!

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.