New Secret Xray Project

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Secret Xray Project

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Check out this new picture that is on the front of www.teamxray.com. It shows a picture of the chassis and then a comparison picture of an Evo2 and a T1M both with bodies on them, the body on the T1M looks identical to the Yokomo Stratus body, so it must be a knockoff of the Yoke Stratus 1/12 body because i'm sure XRay would never put a picture of a Yokomo product on their homepage.

Old 09-04-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Accord
Check out this new picture that is on the front of www.teamxray.com. It shows a picture of the chassis and then a comparison picture of an Evo2 and a T1M both with bodies on them, the body on the T1M looks identical to the Yokomo Stratus body, so it must be a knockoff of the Yoke Stratus 1/12 body because i'm sure XRay would never put a picture of a Yokomo product on their homepage.

The Yoke Mini body is the only body I am aware of. I'm sure they were very aware of this when they put it up. Hopefully more companies will follow.
Old 09-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

For everyone talking about the new Team Losi Mini-T in this thread, I started a seperate thread for it: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=23829
Old 09-04-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Now that it's finally been revealed, is it me, or do 10th scale wheels look out of place on a 12th scale car? I kinda had the same sentiment when I saw the Yoke about a month ago...
Old 09-04-2003, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

They should have slammed the body to the deck for the pic, it looks stupid as is. TurnNBurn they do look out of place, would the original hpi mini wheels and tyres fit ok?
Old 09-04-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by fatdoggy
They should have slammed the body to the deck for the pic, it looks stupid as is.
I agree.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

They should have slammed the body to the deck for the pic, it looks stupid as is. TurnNBurn they do look out of place, would the original hpi mini wheels and tyres fit ok?
I don't think typical mini wheels will fit. The rear hubs and steering front carriers look too big.
Old 09-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

I really don't get this. Why are all these companies making these 1/18th scale cars? Was there somekind of super under cover market analysis done in BFE USA that said tons of rc enthusiasts want tiny novelty rc cars to run inside their houses? I can understand in the midwest or east with the winter seasons and limited tracks but what the heck is going on??? The hpi micro rs4 was the big thing..even I bought one but after a while next thing you know those kits are all over ebay and rctech and even the hobby shops are still tryying to get rid of them at <$80.00 a kit, not to mention all the hop ups availables. Hmm what going on here??? I really wish some of the manufactures would make a 4wd off roader, that class use to be cool and fun to watch! Ooh well
Old 09-05-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

AE should make a 1/12 now too. All they would have to do is shorten the chassis and main shaft.

I would prefer to run only 4 cells. Cheaper and easier on the motors.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Yok should make a Mini SD. That would be sweet.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
The xxl should really help with space problems,
There aren't going to be any space problems, i've seen guys run Super Rooster ESC's with XXtra receivers on the mini Yoke's, so if they aren't having problems with space with the giant rooster ESC and the giant XXtra receiver, then we definetly won't have space problems on the new T1M.
Old 09-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Claydoh
AE should make a 1/12 now too. All they would have to do is shorten the chassis and main shaft.

I would prefer to run only 4 cells. Cheaper and easier on the motors.
And new arms and shorter CVD's. Those two alone are very expensive to develop. Cheap to make-expensive to prototype.

The Yok is only 170mm wide-not 190mm.

Ray
Old 09-06-2003, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Yok should make a Mini SD. That would be sweet.
I saw a Yoke Mini SD, not with four cells, but with six! It was a special conversion made in Japan by some RC group. Quite possible an aftermarket company.

I'm sure there may be a way to put six cells on the T1M.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by azDan
I really don't get this. Why are all these companies making these 1/18th scale cars? Was there somekind of super under cover market analysis done in BFE USA that said tons of rc enthusiasts want tiny novelty rc cars to run inside their houses? I can understand in the midwest or east with the winter seasons and limited tracks but what the heck is going on??? The hpi micro rs4 was the big thing..even I bought one but after a while next thing you know those kits are all over ebay and rctech and even the hobby shops are still tryying to get rid of them at <$80.00 a kit, not to mention all the hop ups availables. Hmm what going on here??? I really wish some of the manufactures would make a 4wd off roader, that class use to be cool and fun to watch! Ooh well

Xray is calling this a 12th scale car...

and from the looks of the picture on Serpents website,its about the same size as the old HPI MIni....

Which,now that I think about it,I really don't get it...

The Micros outsold the Minis by a large margin......and the micros are pretty much dead..

why bring back a class that has already proven to not generate any business?...
Old 09-07-2003, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Micros are dead eh?

We just had four heats of them at SoCal last night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.