Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Race results

Originally posted by KingWillie
Raced this past weekend on the same temporary track as last time, medium grip. I made the changes to my set-up as suggested; stiffeneed up the springs (Fantom 1.7mm, red springs all the way around), went with 40wt in all the shocks. Put in a tad moore droop in the rear and I still get poor turn in coming off the fast sections off power. Seemed to be an improvement in faster corners but under deceleration and braking from high speeds into a tight slow corner still pushing. I'm braking at the same point the NTC3 and Mugens are. Any more suggestions.

Would there be any advantage in softening up the front sway bar to give the outside tire a bit more grip?
Post your existing set-up, KingWillie.
It sounds like you need to get it to rotate a bit better.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Thanks, tl2111.

18/27 - that's interesting. Presumably the RR side belt will accomodate this with appropriate tensioner adjustment?

I guess the thing I really don't know is, what tyre split will maintain as near as possible to equal F/R tyre wear - all other things being equal.

. . . and what's with this "Mr Taylor" . . . very formal . . I thought I had you guys fooled.
Feel free to use my real name if you like - Gavin, Gav . . whatever.
Sorry Gavin

It should be 18/25, not 18/27.

one thing that you should keep in mind is, the smaller the is the less tyre wear.

at moorebank in 30 min finals start with 62.5mm 40shore rear, when finish it measure to about 59.5mm. when I start with 60mm by the time I finish it measure to 58mm, so you see the wear rate is constainly changing, not to mention if you are using different compound for f/r tyres it throws in more variable.

I think ODR is important but the driving style has alot to do with it as well, especially in endurance race it has to smooth to save tyres and fuel mileage also not to stress the engine. Happy Racing
Old 06-17-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by tl2111
Sorry Gavin

It should be 18/25, not 18/27.

one thing that you should keep in mind is, the smaller the is the less tyre wear.

at moorebank in 30 min finals start with 62.5mm 40shore rear, when finish it measure to about 59.5mm. when I start with 60mm by the time I finish it measure to 58mm, so you see the wear rate is constainly changing, not to mention if you are using different compound for f/r tyres it throws in more variable.

I think ODR is important but the driving style has alot to do with it as well, especially in endurance race it has to smooth to save tyres and fuel mileage also not to stress the engine. Happy Racing
Yeah, thanks for that.
That's why I said "all other things being equal"

As always, the devil is in the detail.
Old 06-17-2003, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by finchy
That shell looks really slick Taylor-Racing.
Oh, so you know I didn't paint it then . . .
Old 06-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Selling a VoneR with OS CV 12. non pull-start for $150.00
Old 06-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default ODR Calculator

Here is the ODR calculator for ones who interested.

Last edited by tl2111; 06-09-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 06-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

bump
Old 06-19-2003, 10:36 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

Finchy you going down to the track tomorrow???
Old 06-19-2003, 10:38 PM
TBR
Tech Regular

If so Finchy I will bring down that cltch bell if you are interested and that clutch shoe I have a few red ones and a few gray ones.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb Re: ODR Calculator

Originally posted by tl2111
Here is the ODR calculator for ones who interested.
tl2111 that ODR calculator is good it is a lot easier for Calculating the overdrive ratio and Calculating pully or wheel diameters on your car and this is a good tool.

Damo
Old 06-22-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

V1RR EVOLUTION IS RELEASED!!!!

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/rc_model/tou...olution-j.html

Translation below:

It acquires the long suspension arm and low with center of gravity and front section modification, suitable aggressive power in name of evolution!
V-One RR evolution chassis kit < sponge tire

The V-ONE RR which announces preponderant strength with race/lace of the every place, achieves evolution as a pure racing machine. It came to the name, " evolution " suitablly and learned speed. That chassis which R class with KYOSHO CUP, and victory with JMRCA1/10GP touring car all the Japanese championships is stared is thorough maturing conversion over entirely. Is low optimization of camber change in the midst of center of gravity converting and suspension stroke, average speed and the sense of security of cornering improvement. Sharpness sharp looking back characteristic and acceleration, with the light maneuverability where the person who lines up is not, the shortcut to victory it runs without stopping. And abundance of the adjustment territory which is prepared for race/lace and that it is wide, corresponding power, offers the preponderant advantage with race/lace to the driver which has remembering in the arm. The machine which is born just in order " evolution " only of name is not, to win. In equation to victory, the new page was cut.

To 4mm long it optimizes the camber change at the time in stroke with the front suspension arm which is converted and the bulkhead which is made to convert narrowly.
With the upper arm pivot of another body structure, camber angular change setting possibility.
Horizontal ranging of steering wheel servo, light maneuverability with such as substantial modification of front section and centralization of mass furthermore improvement.
Cornering * average speed substantial improvement.
The shoe type 2 speed A/T, the 3d clutch and the gear etc. of 0.8 modules, back up the running of high efficiency.
Front one-way unit effective use and no load of traction loss at time thoroughness removal.
You consider in the effect with encounter, you adopt the rear diff. of 4 bevel gears which adjustment with the oil is easy to do.
New model L letter servo saber of relief.
Approximately it equips the stabilizer together.
The aluminum it starts shaving, oil damper standard equipment.
The full bearing specification which actualizes preponderant high efficiency.
You use the strong GRP make sponge tire with race/lace.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

So the wait is finally over. Who will have these new beauty's for the QLD and Oz championships. I think there will be at least one or two hitting the track. What do you think AMGRacer? Another thing to think about is it worth getting the conversion kit or a whole new car, or maybe one of each. One for club racing and one for hardcore racing.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

That look cool Can't wait to get mine V one RR Evolution....

Damo
Old 06-23-2003, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

AMGRacer when do you think you'll have your EVO.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Dunno when I get the EVO yet Very soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.