Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Did you see Rene there? He's not been around for a while - maybe he's on holiday.
No. But perhaps he was inside the trunk !
Old 01-18-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Not really. The LSN should not be too rich though. Just slightly rich. That only happens when the slide carb idle open at neutral position is set too big giving you a false high end lean condition after a high speed run.

That's a mistake most people make. When they richen the LSN and when the idle drops, they turn up the idle screw to open big to keep the engine running !
True, true - a friend of mine *cough* *cough* has made that mistake

Did you try the pinch method after Michael had tuned your engine - I always tune my bottom end, so that the engine revs still rise a bit before cutting out when using the pinch method - what was yours like?
Old 01-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Did you learn from them the way to setup the clutch correctly?
Its like 10-12% throttle then starts to enggange.

FYI, Mr Kris engine+clutch before main is set by Massimo and this is the condition :
- modified flyweight
- 1.8 centax spring (Centax2)
- yelow clutch shoe
- 61/17 1st gear
and the centax nut measurement is 1.00 mm
On the main I did not change anything but adding up idle rpm.
And the engine run healthly after the main, final temp is 106 C (EXERGEN on the back of lowest heatsink)
Old 01-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Tech Prophet

True, true - a friend of mine *cough* *cough* has made that mistake

Did you try the pinch method after Michael had tuned your engine - I always tune my bottom end, so that the engine revs still rise a bit before cutting out when using the pinch method - what was yours like?
No I didn't. Quite difficult to do on mine because my Tornado fuel filter is pretty close to the carb inlet.

Ah ! Worse case scenario, just let those guys tune your engine when you chance upon them. Pretty effortless for them and you can just concentrate on your driving. I guess you probably only need to tune plus minus 5 minute turns on the needles to get the right setting. That's all.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

During practice when the first arrived, Massimo's engine was ballastic. Fabio's was so so. But you're right that during the A main Massimo's engine was not much different than the rest. But I thought I noticed that Fabio was pulling slightly away from Massimo on the straights in the first few minutes...
For me, it was different driving style.
1st time hit the track Massimo trying to leap the sweeper half throttle just like 1/8 and Fabio is more wiser to take it slowly.
Thats why the speed they enter sweeper is different.
From what I see both of their car is underteering badly, it is not their maximal setup.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GoldFinger
For me, it was different driving style.
1st time hit the track Massimo trying to leap the sweeper half throttle just like 1/8 and Fabio is more wiser to take it slowly.
Thats why the speed they enter sweeper is different.
From what I see both of their car is underteering badly, it is not their maximal setup.
How long did it take the guys to learn the circuit to the point where they are going fast?
Old 01-18-2005, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

The same method Rick and Michael uses too on their 950R...

During practice when the first arrived, Massimo's engine was ballastic. Fabio's was so so. But you're right that during the A main Massimo's engine was not much different than the rest. But I thought I noticed that Fabio was pulling slightly away from Massimo on the straights in the first few minutes...

True. They all set it that way. When the engine is cold, it's so difficult to start. The engine will be difficult to idle and will sound blubbery after a 5 to 10 seconds ilding. I think that's why they put one of their hands on the heatsink to gauge if there is enough heat before they start revving and tuning the engine.

But the magic thing is when the engine and car comes in after a few laps... That's where you see the engine purring perfectly without skipping a beat.
For what I understand at that Track..

the track is not that big ..1 long straight ... not that long ..most of the time ..need to use a lot of Low end when you come out from corner.. you need low end a big rich, otherwise the engine can be overheat ..

For biger track .....fast turn, you will have to tune the highend rich and low end a little lean(just nice) ..So your engine will not be over heat ...coz most of the time u use high end/high speed..so give more fuel.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by MrChan
For what I understand at that Track..
.. make sense
Old 01-19-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Prophet

.. make sense
Of course MrChan makes sense... He's number 3 driver in Thailand after Suruth and Surikarn.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

How long did it take the guys to learn the circuit to the point where they are going fast?
Maybe 2 or 3 tanks or so and another 2-3 tanks on the heat.
They are not really that fast.. they only joking around, even on the driver stand at the A main. Fabio is more clean, Massimo is bit nasty but both was damn consistent.
Suruth car is the best handling among of them and he is driving just like Surikarn.... very clean.
Pyramid notes when he practicing, he can take the chicane as a direct straight line for 6-7 laps. That is something
Old 01-19-2005, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Angry

Of course MrChan makes sense... He's number 3 driver in Thailand after Suruth and Surikarn.
Oi ..You start to count from behind , isn't it ? ..

Old 01-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe 2 or 3 tanks or so and another 2-3 tanks on the heat.
They are not really that fast.. they only joking around, even on the driver stand at the A main. Fabio is more clean, Massimo is bit nasty but both was damn consistent.
Suruth car is the best handling among of them and he is driving just like Surikarn.... very clean.
Pyramid notes when he practicing, he can take the chicane as a direct straight line for 6-7 laps. That is something
Some1 told me that if you want to drive well, you must be able to talk and drive ... ha ha... but if you can scold the people is the best ..
Old 01-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by MrChan
Some1 told me that if you want to drive well, you must be able to talk and drive ... ha ha... but if you can scold the people is the best ..
Somehow I lost your ackerman setup bro.
I try 1 long understeer and 2 long the car start to oversteering in mid corner. But I enjoying driving 1/8 on that track. And somehow makes my braking ability get better while driving 1/10 with 1 way.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Somehow I lost your ackerman setup bro.
I try 1 long understeer and 2 long the car start to oversteering in mid corner. But I enjoying driving 1/8 on that track. And somehow makes my braking ability get better while driving 1/10 with 1 way.
Most of time, my car is always a bit understeer.. I like this way
Old 01-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

It's weird actually... Available traction kind fluctuate in the duration of the whole weekend. When traction was high during practice before the rain, I thought 37 front and rear was a little twitchy for me to drive. So I had 40 fronts and 37 rears which drove OK and even had 42 front and 40 rears at some point.

In the end, it was a gamble as I took the risk of using 37 all around without having to test what tires were good for that Sunday morning. I told my venerable wingman <cough, cough> to prepare for front tire change to 40 front in that 3 minute given warm up time in the event the 37 fronts did not work out. But all came out well and good.
And at what diameters ff/rr?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.