Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Set your epa's as you normally would. On my Dx3r I run 150 and 150. On my M8 I ran 140 and 140 to keep 'em even.
Question the the epa's? Why do you set them at 150%? Is that so you guarantee that you are getting full range? I also have a DX3r...this is something I have to look at.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Question the the epa's? Why do you set them at 150%? Is that so you guarantee that you are getting full range? I also have a DX3r...this is something I have to look at.
Probably to get better braking and more power on throttle. I do the same thing when I adjust my ESC via Hotwire. Any new adjustments made, I recalibrate my radio with the ESC and I use the higher settings on the EPA. Then I scale them down to 100% and then adjust accordingly to my driving style and the track setup.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Keep it the same.
When you have the brake lower, you can have problems with braking and calibrating the radio with the speedo.
Also keep the EXP on 0
When you set exp, you can get power problems with calibrating and the power.
One driver changed his exp.
I changed it back to 0.
When he drove again he hath more power.
EXP for throttle is not necessary. You can change the curve on the speedo with the Throttle.

hlpressley
that's the service of Tekin. It's the best service there is.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you use the entire range of your epa's you will get better resolution on the trigger travel.

NO, once set to 150 I leave the throttle, I will adjust the Low/Brake down to my preffered brake setting.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wicksy1
Could i please get 200 off someone done

ThanksGuys
Same here

[email protected]

Thanks
Old 08-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

If you use the entire range of your epa's you will get better resolution on the trigger travel.

NO, once set to 150 I leave the throttle, I will adjust the Low/Brake down to my preffered brake setting.
Interesting, does setting the EPA at 150 allow more current to the motor?? I do not see how 150 and 100 differ in terms of current going to the motor, when setting your ESC.

Unless I am missing something here. I completely understand the brake portion.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

download link;

uploaded(dot)to/file/wffwy8

v200 uploaded
Old 08-11-2009, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

It doesn't allow more current to the motor, It gives a higher resolution to the trigger. If you're a "grip it and rip it" type of driver, you won't notice a difference, but, other drivers evidently can "feel" the difference. I ain't one of those drivers, but I also don't treat the throttle as an on off switch either.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Jost got a RS Pro, and I have no clue on how to set it up for my TC
Does anyone can share a good starting point for the RS Pro, I'll be runing a TC in asphalt/rubber tires, small-medium/fast track (if it matters average is 12.7 sec/lap) 8.5 BL motor.

Any advice will be appreciated, since I have no clue on terms like timing boost, motor timing etc...
Thanks in advance

Guillermo
Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
It doesn't allow more current to the motor, It gives a higher resolution to the trigger. If you're a "grip it and rip it" type of driver, you won't notice a difference, but, other drivers evidently can "feel" the difference. I ain't one of those drivers, but I also don't treat the throttle as an on off switch either.
This is true but there are very few drivers who would benefit from that. I believe the problem is tuning the speedy to the radio. Sometimes even when following the manual a speedy dosen't always get 100% throttle or brake correct. Once you tune your speedy you should use your radio to verify that you are getting full throttle and brake. If you are not then you need to adjust your epa to correct the problem.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

In that case you describe, You would, for example, calibrate the esc at 100%, and after calibration, turn your endpoints up, say, 125%. Others are maxxing out their EPA's for finer throttle control. Besides, with the RS, when you pull full throttle, you get all of the leds flashing at you, indicating full throttle. Interesting when racing at night, I might add.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Talking

deleted!

Last edited by javacrazy; 08-11-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

delete, please.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cico
You really should remove that uploaded file.

We like to get one on one with customers that get this software so we can go over it's use and proper setup.
Tekin are doing the right thing by us in getting out the latest and greatest software. If they wanted it publicly available they would do it through their own website. I believe one of the other reasons why they have held off making it public is the ability of people who do not understand the software to destroy their motors/speedies.

It's not that hard for people who want the software to contact Randy as he has requested....
Old 08-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mangoman
Tekin are doing the right thing by us in getting out the latest and greatest software. If they wanted it publicly available they would do it through their own website. I believe one of the other reasons why they have held off making it public is the ability of people who do not understand the software to destroy their motors/speedies.

It's not that hard for people who want the software to contact Randy as he has requested....
Here, here! Randy and Team Tekin deserve major Kudos for going above and beyond with their customer service. That is why I will remain a loyal customer to Tekin products.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.