Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: MR-4TC SD CGM Special

Originally posted by trf racer
i fought this was the tc3 thread for a momont
If you are going to make a smart/a$$/ comment, check your spelling at the very least. haha
Old 10-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: MR-4TC SD CGM Special

Originally posted by forty6
If you are going to make a smart/a$$/ comment, check your spelling at the very least. haha
lol.it wasnt a smart assed comment.plus that is not how you spell ass
i was just stating an opinion.
it looks so much like a TC3 and iam sure that TC3 and SD owners will agree with me.
i dont know why you are flaming me.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Hehe, it was deliberately misspelled so little kids like you won't be able to read it. I was not flaming you, check out the smilies and the "haha" at the end. Again, . It sure does look like a TC3.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Hehe, it was deliberately misspelled so little kids like you won't be able to read it. I was not flaming you, check out the smilies and the "haha" at the end. Again, . It sure does look like a TC3.

what ever
Old 10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by discus18
Hi, I am interested to get a SD. I have a XRAY T1R now and I am very happy with its performance. On club track, I've seen many people playing SD and they always need to adjust the car's setting and tweak the car after every few packs of batteries. Does SD need lots of time to do maintainence? To me, my T1R is so simple and I can describe it as a "build and go" type. Any comment for me?

This is some kind of myth i think. Sure if your a hack and your slapping boards 3-4 times a lap every run the car will or might tweak. But like any double decker graphite chassis tweaking chassis is something that could happen..

Now here is my experience with my SD. Have raced it on carpet for a total of 11 race days plus 3 practice days. I only broke the car 2 times both during a practice day and once was becuase the track barrier was not assembled right and in a blind section it took out the car.

I built my shocks to proper lenghts left and right and set proper tention on the shock springs before installing them into the car.(not all springs are the same lenght) After all the time i have run the car yesterdays race was the first time i had the car on a tweek station... RESULTS??????????? buble was dead center at both ends of the car...

Does the car tweak? Maybe but in my experience it does not. Not if your building the car properly and stay off the walls.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thats tha tub setup I want. As soon as it is available I will have that setup. I like tubs overall better than graphite plates. I like the Losi and Associated tub systems. For me the tub is just a better setup.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by wyd
Thats tha tub setup I want. As soon as it is available I will have that setup. I like tubs overall better than graphite plates. I like the Losi and Associated tub systems. For me the tub is just a better setup.
Add an upper deck to that tub, it will probably be even stiffer.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
No, this is the tub setup you really want.

Old 10-27-2003, 02:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

If I wouldn't have bought the Rayspeed stuff 2 weeks ago I think I would have the FibreLyte setup. That car is very trick and I bet it is stiff as all hell. Great car for asphalt and carpet.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
No, this is the tub setup you really want.
Only if that chassis is easily available to everyone...
Old 10-27-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default shock length?

Does anyone know what shock length I should be using for the ss bodies with associated cups and springs? I am running 59-60mm tires on the carpet, with a 5mm ride height minimum. Also I have the rear tower on the frt too. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Only if that chassis is easily available to everyone...
It is, all you need is money.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:13 PM

Add an upper deck to that tub, it will probably be even stiffer.
True. A top deck (or two ) would help stiffen the tub chassis, but many people believe, including myself, that a top deck causes tweaking. I think the theory behind this is that: after your chassis twists (from a collision, etc.) the top deck holds the chassis in that tweaked position. Using the Rayspeed-style top deck with counter-sunk screws may not have as much of a problem, but hopefully the new chassis will be stiff enough to not need one. I know this new SD CGM is very different than the TC3, but the TC3's graphite tub chassis is pretty stiff even without a top deck.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Default Carbon Tub Chassis

Hi All,

I have had the carbon tub chassis now for 2 weeks and i canconfidently say it will be the best buy you can make for the SD

The picture that has been posted on the web is actually the prototype V1.2, the V1.3 is what is being sold now which has some small but very noticiable changes. The front 5 cells have been moved toward the propshaft by some 3mm (the 6th cell is offset to avoid the motor mount) moving the heavy 3'3s closer to the centre line of the chassis, the overall thickness of the chassis has been slightly reduced still offering an extremely rigid chassis and a slightly lower CofG. The centre barce has also been fitted out with a custom made TIR titainium turnbuckle (looks very good!)

The car feels balenced and i am confident that after a crash of any scale the car will NOT BE TWEAKED

It is expensive to you fellas across the pond, but it solves all the problems some of you have been having, you will not be dissapointed

For more info and maybe some of the latest pics contact [email protected]

Chris
Old 10-28-2003, 09:07 AM
IH
Tech Adept

Default Rayspeed springs

Can someone give me a list of rayspeed springs which are a must have for carpet racing....

Thanks,
IH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.