Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
I love this thing. I have a F103 and as much as I love it, I keep having a hard time finding parts for it. The F201 was great, but I think part of the flop was that it was pricey. I wanted one but couldn't afford it.

I think this chassis may be perfect for a spec class. Hand out motors and/or batteries, and let the drivers setup and driving skill determine the race.
I have a good stock of parts for the 103 for sale , and will continue to build that stock. I also have a good stock of F104 parts
PM me with what you are looking for, I probably have it or have it coming
Old 05-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

When is this going to be released?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I asked 3racing about tyre size.
They said it will use it's own wheels with both rubber and foam tyres available.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F11972
When is this going to be released?
mid october 2011
Old 05-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

I also emailed 3 racing about this car and they said that Tamiya bodies will NOT fit it. Bummer! Tamiya still makes the most realistic and best detailed bodies. Although, I will admit that the body they showed on the car done up as either the Red Bull or as the Ferrari did look pretty good!

I do think they may have made a mistake by having it use only it's own wheels and tires; but having said that, I am sure that some aftermarket companies like Exotek or Yeah will come out with adapters so that you can mount Tamiya wheels/tires.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I do think they may have made a mistake by having it use only it's own wheels and tires; but having said that, I am sure that some aftermarket companies like Exotek or Yeah will come out with adapters so that you can mount Tamiya wheels/tires.
I agree, that's a huge mistake. If I can't at least mount standard donuts onto their wheels, I wouldn't go near one. I love being able to make my own tire combo's that actaully work instead of having to battle with most of the crap that comes off the shelves.

Looks like my 109 is staying on the track for now!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74
IMHO i don't think the FGX is going to replace the F1-09, for one simple reason: most of rules state that a solid axle is mandatory.

On the other hand i don't think independent rear suspensions can result in a significant performance advantage over solid axle suspensions.
Solid axle=better speed and accelleration
Independent suspension=better cornering

Most tracks I run on, I'd take the cornering.....
Old 05-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I also emailed 3 racing about this car and they said that Tamiya bodies will NOT fit it. Bummer! Tamiya still makes the most realistic and best detailed bodies. Although, I will admit that the body they showed on the car done up as either the Red Bull or as the Ferrari did look pretty good!

That will seal the fate of the car to never be a hugely popular car. F1 will never be more than a seasonal class so long as manufacturers keep changing the specs so that tires and bodies don't work across all of them.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
That will seal the fate of the car to never be a hugely popular car. F1 will never be more than a seasonal class so long as manufacturers keep changing the specs so that tires and bodies don't work across all of them.
Bingo.

You can put 1/10 scale touring car tires and bodies on any of the cars in that genre. I don't see why 3Racing would depart from such simple logic that parts compatability would help get that car out and onto the scence.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

When you say that Tamiya bodies wont fit this car, does that mean F104, 103 shells? What about F201 and HPI F1 shells?
Old 05-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Are you guys sure the tires are different? All this says is that the wheels are different (probably just a different offset or something). The tires look like 104 style tires to me, but I don't have a 104 so I'm not very authoritative on that subject

Originally Posted by prorace
I asked 3racing about tyre size.
They said it will use it's own wheels with both rubber and foam tyres available.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I also doubt it will be hugely popular but 3racing has already made a huge contribution to the standard F1 class by providing a large selection of aftermarket parts not to mention their own car! They'll probably end up with another f201 but they've done their part to promote f1.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wonder if this car will be allowed to race at big F1 events? Hope the standard foamies are better then the 109 ones.. as they are crap.. and if its going to be hard to get tires that have grip.. this will be a problem..
Old 05-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I find the stock 109 tires to work very well for me
On carpet(@Horsham Pa.)and at T&L's outdoor asphalt.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Uf1 Series

This Sunday Circuit of the Americas ( Surf City )
4th race of the UF1 Series...

For more info....

http://uf1series.com/schedule.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.