Associated RC12R5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Associated RC12R5

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Looks like it could be the Yokomo pod. Not much different... but... That's the way the former 12th scales have been aswell...

Cheers
Chris
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi all,

Thought I'd share my experience with my R5.

I'm completely new to 1/12th and bought an R5 to get started. I built it exactly as per the kit setup and did exactly 1, 8-minute race before competing in the first round of our Western Canadian series on the weekend.

I was using Jaco White rears and Black fronts, right out of the box and used a very marginal 4-cell pack that was salvaged from one of my 6-cell packs from last year. The car was extremely easy to drive (good thing given my newb status!) and was reasonably fast compared to everyone else.

In the end I managed 5th in the A Main 1/12th Stock (out of about 20 cars) so I'm extremely happy with the car. All I need now is some real batteries and more practice

Cheers,
Mike
Old 11-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Sean, will the new narrow hub work if you have a Slapmaster Thrust Bearing on the diff? I am thinking about getting this option since almost everything here in Holland is brushless in 12th scale but I use the Slapmaster on the diff...

Joost K.
Joost, I was running the Slapmaster on the stock pod 12R5 and it DOES NOT work on the BL pod because there was too much space between the Slapmaster bushing and the thrust bearings. You COULD space it to work, however, I used the new AE thrust cone for the BL pod WITH the Slapmaster thrust bearings and have one of the smoothest diffs I have ever built.

Cheers,
Old 11-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, I figured something like that would happen... So you placed the BL diff cone and on that cone just the thrust-bearing? How does the outer diff bearing hold? That was something that used to be a part that was breakable due to the thrust that the cone pushed on the side of the bearing...

But I will try that, thanx for the info...

Oh, by the way...

CONGRATULATIONS TO TEAM ASSOCIATED... THE NEW 12TH SCALE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

Joost.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default AE World Champs again

Congrats to Naoto, "The New World Champion" Listening to the races and him winning the 2nd and 3rd leg he certainly deserved it. Juho gave him all he wanted though so congrats to him as well. Rick had a nice couple of B mains too.....good going guys. Now get them in Touring too.

Come on Rick!!!!

Steve
Old 11-11-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Donkey was wrong???? OMG !!!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

You are correct. The brushless thrust cone rests on the inner race of the hub bearing, then the thrust bearing washer, the thrust bearing, the outer thrust bearing washer and the diff nut (I use the aluminum version).

I swapped out for the BL pod at the last minute before this past weekend's race, and I may eventually mess with spacing the Slapmaster, but for now it worked well with the parts described, although the side load issue still exists.

Best,
Old 11-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Bob Stellflue, and the rest of the AE design team for this Worlds win. Great new car guys.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

What tire compound should i run on carpete its low to medium grip 13.5 class? Are bsr tires worth running and if so what compound should i run with them i know that thay call thier compound something different? tia.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Default tyre combinations

A few choices and combinations that will all work.

1.Jaco Yellow rears/lilac fronts .Double pink also good fronts

2.Grp Grey rears/purple fronts

All of those combinations will give you a good handling car.You can fne tune from there
Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by white48rc
What tire compound should i run on carpete its low to medium grip 13.5 class? Are bsr tires worth running and if so what compound should i run with them i know that thay call thier compound something different? tia.
If you're going to be running BSR's, run white rears, and team purple fronts.

Parma Grey rears and Magenta fronts also work very well.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is it just me or are most hobby shops out of stock on this car?.. Everywhere I look its the same old story. Anybody know why? Been looking into getting one..
Old 11-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I want to say congrats to Bob and everyone at AE for the domination of the Worlds!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS
Is it just me or are most hobby shops out of stock on this car?.. Everywhere I look its the same old story. Anybody know why? Been looking into getting one..
Unfortunately this happens alot in this industry where something new and popular goes on backorder on and off for a while...

Im sure they will be back in stock soon
Old 11-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DHMOTORSPORTS
Do a Google "Shopping" search...there seems to be a few hobby shops with them in stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.