Sticky Fingers Traction Compound from Team Epic

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Carpet Jack tastes nasty...
Old 12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I tried it today. It is definitely not odorless. It does have an odor (Jack does too but less than this stuff). Not a real strong odor but an odor. Its seemed a bit thinner than Jack. It didn't seem to have quite the traction of Jack IMO. But it was on tires that had already had Jack on it and a track that has only used Jack.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i used it today, was faster on the S F it is at least the equal of jack....it also comes in a dispenser that works nicely
Old 12-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PickenStir
Carpet Jack tastes nasty...
Nice! I always keep jack on hand for steak, burgers and kabobs. Brings out the flavor!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I tried it today. It is definitely not odorless. It does have an odor (Jack does too but less than this stuff). Not a real strong odor but an odor. Its seemed a bit thinner than Jack. It didn't seem to have quite the traction of Jack IMO. But it was on tires that had already had Jack on it and a track that has only used Jack.
So this is the secret to beating jr.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

For best traction you can't beat Paragon, PERIOD! Mmm mm, Love that wintergreen goodness...
Old 12-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s
So this is the secret to beating jr.
Well I used Jack in the main. So I guess the secret is to use Stick Fingers the last two qualifiers then go back to Jack. Well and hope for Junior to wreck and lose his wing. But we will keep that secret amongst ourselves. ha ha...

btw, Doug gave it to me to test. Its not an official allowed compound at the track and it seems like it might not be. So far all the people who have tried it said they didn't like it as well as Jack.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
Well I used Jack in the main. So I guess the secret is to use Stick Fingers the last two qualifiers then go back to Jack. Well and hope for Junior to wreck and lose his wing. But we will keep that secret amongst ourselves. ha ha...

btw, Doug gave it to me to test. Its not an official allowed compound at the track and it seems like it might not be. So far all the people who have tried it said they didn't like it as well as Jack.
Disappointing, with Corally having their way with the market, and their exorbitant pricing for Jack, I had hoped an equal or better solution would become available. $10 bucks for a micro can of compound is nothing short of sodomy IMHO. Of course Jack is inferior to Paragon, and everyone decided to force the switch to Jack due to smell, perhaps we take the hit a bit performance wise and all switch over to Sticky for the sake of economy.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

i tried sf's on my foam sedan turned the same lap times but seemed to free the car up a bit.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
i tried sf's on my foam sedan turned the same lap times but seemed to free the car up a bit.
After more testing I'm liking the SF less. Several at the track this weekend ran only SF and overall traction for the day was less overall.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Disappointing, with Corally having their way with the market, and their exorbitant pricing for Jack, I had hoped an equal or better solution would become available. $10 bucks for a micro can of compound is nothing short of sodomy IMHO. Of course Jack is inferior to Paragon, and everyone decided to force the switch to Jack due to smell, perhaps we take the hit a bit performance wise and all switch over to Sticky for the sake of economy.
From an economic standpoint I understand it. If everyone runs the same stuff then its fair for everyone. Butters brought up a good point though. We all know what Jack does (or doesnt do) to the carpet. Im not sure anyone knows the long term effects of SF on carpet yet.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Coleman camp fuel.
De-scented 30W camel urine.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Coleman camp fuel.
Originally Posted by magnum
smells like kingsford charcoal lighter
Originally Posted by jer7469
to answer you question. it seemed the same with old tires (that had jack ) and new tires that i took out of the box. trued up and installed on the car... just didnt feel the same. maybe it was just me. both products work very well for oderless but paragon has the best grip.. on a side not. paragon does help the groove in the track out . our track we have used "jack" only and it seems to have a oily top layer. does not bed down into the track. seems to stay on the surface.. paragon soaks all the way thru the carpet.... just my opinion.... jeremy

is that what it is? coleman lantern fuel?
ran at a jack-only track last week and I about killed myself turn marshalling.
looking later, I could have sworn there was an oily-sheen to the ozite.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

i like jack the gripper better
Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

I prefer the generic version

Jackie the Stripper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.