Hi

I apologize my mistake, Power Supply voltage

Nick
Old 05-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Ryan Lee
For charging Li-po or Li-Ion,
Li-po or Ion should be charged in different way for safety.

When the voltage reaches to certain point(it depends on cell no.), charging way chages from linear current to linear voltage. That's why charging cuurrent goes down.
When the charging current goes down to 0.1A, charge terminated.

Thanks,
Ryan
Hi Ryan,

I'm eager to buy this great MM cell charger here in France, but i'm just questionning about Lipo Charge.

I wonder if i can charge more than 3 lipo cells ... That's to say :

-Most of our pack come with 2sp2 or 3sp2 configuration, consequently, i don't know if it will work.

-Moreover, i'd like to use these Packs with Brushless systems, i'd like to increase the voltage to 16 volts.(4 cells) Will i be able to charge my Lipo packs ?

Thx a lot for your help,
Simon (sorry my english is bad i think you guess )
Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

You can charge 1-3 cell lipo packs, but for anything other than transmitter or receiver lipo packs the charger is almost useless. Maximum charge rate for lipo packs is one amp, which would work on something like an Orion lipo pack.. IF you have a few hours to wait around while it's charging. We have two Cell Masters, and for nimh packs they're great.. but if you're going to be running mostly (or only) lipo packs I'd suggest looking at the Duratrax Ice or Orion Advantage chargers instead.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Cell Master seems very choosy on its power supply current and Amp. i have this problem of check clip, over voltage, etc previously, so i got my Tamiya plugs replaced with deans plug, but its still the same. and the problem is actually solved when i reduced my charging amp to 3A, coz previously i followed its recommended setting of 7A, while my PS only at 6A. so if u have any problems, try to lower the charging amp.

However, those 2 Tamiya 3600 stick packs that i have always been charging at 7A CTX charge, while now lowered to 3A peak charge, it seems that they have lost some power, thrust kicking power. Does that mean the these battery are weak or damaged that is caused by my previous high Amp charging? coz i try charging this new Intellect 3800 with 3A peak charge, and really is more powerful, so powerful that my ESC cut off as the motor gets too hot. or is it because new battery have that power?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Higher charge amps will give a higher voltage to the battery. Your new lower charge rate is probably causing the battery to feel soft when you are running it.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am currently using a 25 amp power supply by radio shack,could it be that this charger doesn't like my supply's power?,hmmmm,i was told to try a factory reset,gonna test this tuesday after work!my current power supply does not have adjustable output.says 25 amp=13.8v,i'm running 2 chargers with a 6.5amp charge rate from a much more power dis.station,but both chargers doesn't have to be running & still get an error check clips message,any input will help me for my testing tomorrow,thanks guys for the input so far.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

exactly, its soft, not that powerful as before.
Old 05-02-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
You can charge 1-3 cell lipo packs, but for anything other than transmitter or receiver lipo packs the charger is almost useless. Maximum charge rate for lipo packs is one amp, which would work on something like an Orion lipo pack.. IF you have a few hours to wait around while it's charging. We have two Cell Masters, and for nimh packs they're great.. but if you're going to be running mostly (or only) lipo packs I'd suggest looking at the Duratrax Ice or Orion Advantage chargers instead.
New orion advantage Have max 2 lipo cell charging capacity ... Apparently, MM Cell master and Advantage suffer from the same problem

Oh dear, i don't know what to buy now ... I'd like to buy an excellent all-round charger but i don't know if it exist ...
Old 05-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

I got the Much More Power Master WE 24 Amp Purple and have no problem feeding:

2x a cell master (doing 5.5 to 6 amps simultanious) + 2x M-M Cooling fans
1x trinity tire warmers
1x integy motor tester / 1x hudy comm lathe
1x Novak Smart Tray
Old 05-02-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikko-kamikaze
New orion advantage Have max 2 lipo cell charging capacity ... Apparently, MM Cell master and Advantage suffer from the same problem

Oh dear, i don't know what to buy now ... I'd like to buy an excellent all-round charger but i don't know if it exist ...
The Advantage will *only* charge two cell lipo packs, but you can charge them at up to ten amps. The Cell Master does 1-3 cell lipos at one amp max. The Ice does just about everything, but (small quibble) isn't backlit without a warranty voiding mod.

Hopefully CE will address all this with their lipo upgrade whenever it comes through the pipeline. Not the cheapest solution if they do, but...
Old 05-02-2006, 05:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Can anyone help ?? Having problems with my MMCM it seems to be very very sensitve and always false peaks, I end up having to put the cells back on my Pulsar to get them charged.

I have checked and double checked the settings. Ive set the delta peak to 4 mv when i usually use 3mv, Temp set to 50 deg and on packs that i have fully discharged and equalised i'm using the lock out for 3 mins to get over the initial false peak problem.

Any ideas ?? As i'm now getting to the stage that i'm gonna have to get rid of it as I can't trust that i'll put the cells on charge before a race and they won't false peak.

Never had this problem with a charger before ??

Many thanks
Old 05-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedfreakUK
Can anyone help ?? Having problems with my MMCM it seems to be very very sensitve and always false peaks, I end up having to put the cells back on my Pulsar to get them charged.

I have checked and double checked the settings. Ive set the delta peak to 4 mv when i usually use 3mv, Temp set to 50 deg and on packs that i have fully discharged and equalised i'm using the lock out for 3 mins to get over the initial false peak problem.

Any ideas ?? As i'm now getting to the stage that i'm gonna have to get rid of it as I can't trust that i'll put the cells on charge before a race and they won't false peak.

Never had this problem with a charger before ??

Many thanks
Hi,

The Cell Master is very sensitive with peak detection with 0.001V accuracy.

A fully discharged pack could 'false peak' for several minutes into the charge so try increasing the lock out to 10 minutes or more.....

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Keith.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks Keith i'll give it try and hopefully this will help.

My only concern is that this seems to happen sometimes when i'm having to recharge packs which are partly charged already. ( Club packs when dont have time for full charge time )

The cells are around the 8.3 - 8.6 volts range when it seems to happen so i would have thought by this time the cells should be well past that initial false peak period ??

Any other ideas ??
Old 05-02-2006, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default False peaks

Hi Andy,

If you are getting the problem on part charged packs, it could be a poor connection between the alligator clip and the pack, you could try improving the contact at the connection so the charging current can be accomdoated.

I've used the charger for a few years now and only had a problem with false peaks on fully discharged packs. The Long Lock Out feature always cured this.

Don't give up on the charger, once you get used to the settings, it is worth it - theres some good sections in the manual on delta peak, long lock out etc but by the sound of it you know what you are doing

If you know your half discharged packs are going to take a while to re-peak then maybe change the long lock out default to 10 minutes or longer and see how you go from there.

Hope it works out.

Thanks,

Keith.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

ok thanks Keith i'll give it a try and maybe set up one of the other profiles for the part charged packs with a 5-6 min lock out and a 10 min for fully discharged.

One other question which is not so vital The fans seem to be quite loud compared to all the other chargers that i've had is this just because of the cooling needed and is it normal ??

Many thanks once again for your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.