Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 12:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default KF2 SE

Hope you like
Old 02-07-2016, 01:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 71WOK
I understand what you are saying. I'm running the car on a medium grip clay track so not quite the grip level of carpet/astro. With the original chassis fitted I tried what you are saying, this took away rear traction. To cut a long story short, I managed to achieve reasonable traction but the car had a tendency to be unpredictable. The chassis is carbon and has improved the car, lap times prove this. I no everybody are chasing magic numbers, but for what? Also I don't run a top deck so the chassis does flex a little more than the alloy. I'm not trying to prove anything I just wanted to share what I have done because I haven't seen or heard anybody else try it.
Just wanted to share another update on my car. Had our second race day for the year, the first with the +7mm carbon chassis. The results are very positive. I have achieved pb one lap and 5 minute times and I have been more than competitive. The benchmark has been my b5m ce so I know the kf2 can compete on dirt. I really recommend to anybody struggling with there kf2 in lower grip conditions to consider the longer chassis.
For anyone who is interested/curious the chassis is available through Bezerk RC here in Australia. Pictures can be seen on www.bezerk.com.au

Last edited by 71WOK; 02-08-2016 at 01:02 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-09-2016, 07:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So the car is built, i'm using a Core servo arm - which hole do i use for the ballstud mounting? I have the three options but don't have the original kit arm to compare equivalent length.

I'm transitioning from an RC10 B4.1 FT WC and haven't raced the KF2 at a track yet-what do i have to look forwards too?!
Oh, whilst i'm at it, I'm looking to race on astro so would the alloy rear upper gearbox be more worthwhile than the MM conversion? I'd say so but happy to take sage advice!

Last edited by oldernoob; 02-09-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: added Q
Old 02-09-2016, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Default Core/Astro

Originally Posted by oldernoob
So the car is built, i'm using a Core servo arm - which hole do i use for the ballstud mounting? I have the three options but don't have the original kit arm to compare equivalent length.

I'm transitioning from an RC10 B4.1 FT WC and haven't raced the KF2 at a track yet-what do i have to look forwards too?!
Oh, whilst i'm at it, I'm looking to race on astro so would the alloy rear upper gearbox be more worthwhile than the MM conversion? I'd say so but happy to take sage advice!
I'm using the middle hole with a 2.5mm spacer to keep linkage straight. On the MM or alloy upper housing, get the alloy housing and if you go to petitrc.com KF2 there are Astro Turf set ups, stay with the low grip conversation. Good luck!
Old 02-09-2016, 11:08 AM
Tech Regular

Cool, i'm low grip and shorty right now. looking forward to getting some track time.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What's the effect of reversing front arms? I noticed on the setup sheets.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hyperdive08
What's the effect of reversing front arms? I noticed on the setup sheets.
I'm sure someone can explain it in greater detail, but it affects weight distribution.

With the arms rearward you'll get more weight shifting forward during braking giving you more turn in. However, too much weight shifting forward may cause over steering and possibly losing rear traction causing the rear end to come around.

With the arms forward you'll get less weight shifting forward during braking which helps to maintain rear traction. This may lead to understeer.

If you have a lot of rear traction and need more steering, move the arms rearward. If you have too much steering and need more rear traction in the turns, move the arms forward.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
I'm sure someone can explain it in greater detail, but it affects weight distribution.

With the arms rearward you'll get more weight shifting forward during braking giving you more turn in. However, too much weight shifting forward may cause over steering and possibly losing rear traction causing the rear end to come around.

With the arms forward you'll get less weight shifting forward during braking which helps to maintain rear traction. This may lead to understeer.

If you have a lot of rear traction and need more steering, move the arms rearward. If you have too much steering and need more rear traction in the turns, move the arms forward.
Thanks for the info!!makes perfect sense.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default Front arms

Thanks for the info!!makes perfect sense.
Jpdanger is spot on! I experimented with medium SV2 wishbone reversed (2.5mm) less track! So far so good on high bite clay.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Spacer

Originally Posted by MelKF2
I'm using the middle hole with a 2.5mm spacer to keep linkage straight. On the MM or alloy upper housing, get the alloy housing and if you go to petitrc.com KF2 there are Astro Turf set ups, stay with the low grip conversation. Good luck!
Correction that is a 1.5mm spacer!
Old 02-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Well first drive (and race) with the KF2 and have to say it's a really nice car. I did zero set up with it at the track. Cracked a rear wishbone and took a chip out of the front bottom plate where the hinge pin sits. The track has a massive triple and most damage was from that - it's astro laid on concrete (!)

There is a lot to come from this car when set up.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've had a handful of race days on my KF1 now and really love the car. My KF2SE will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to building it and getting it on the track.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody using the rear swaybar?
I saw a few setups with it???
Old 02-16-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default ARB

Anybody using the rear swaybar?
I saw a few setups with it???
If you race on Astro Turf or carpet with hig grip the rear ARB is used often! However, on hard packed dirt, clay high grip I myself have found that it does not help! Now on my K2 it's a totally different story.😁
Old 02-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone else have problems with the ball diff's adjustment bolt (the longer of the two bolts) breaking? I go through one every five minutes or so, regardless of wrecks. The only weird thing I see in the whole procedure is that I have to use a tool to tighten the adjustment bolt. I can't quite get it tight enough by holding the opposite outdrive with my hands. I try to tighten the locking bolt gently as well but it backs out if I don't torque it down. I never had such a problem with the SV and I can't believe there's enough force on the bolt head to shear it off, but it's happened regularly.

My KF2 has some severely mismatched roll couples and upper link lengths (and about 3% more nose weight than anyone else at the track), but it runs well. I just can't keep the diff in one piece.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.