Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 05:17 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Saturn V
Does anyone else have problems with the ball diff's adjustment bolt (the longer of the two bolts) breaking? I go through one every five minutes or so, regardless of wrecks. The only weird thing I see in the whole procedure is that I have to use a tool to tighten the adjustment bolt. I can't quite get it tight enough by holding the opposite outdrive with my hands. I try to tighten the locking bolt gently as well but it backs out if I don't torque it down. I never had such a problem with the SV and I can't believe there's enough force on the bolt head to shear it off, but it's happened regularly.

My KF2 has some severely mismatched roll couples and upper link lengths (and about 3% more nose weight than anyone else at the track), but it runs well. I just can't keep the diff in one piece.
You have one or more of the wave washers in upside down causing you to have to put to much initial tension on the diff to make it work. Strip it down and carfully recheck the orientation of the wave washers.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Okay guys i have a serious delima, I'm looking to get away from my B5M Buggy and race something that every man child and dog races and was looking into a new Xray or Durango carpet buggy but then a friend turned me onto the new Schumacher Cougar KF2. SWEET car so convince me i guess is what i'm asking in why this car might stand out over the XRAY and Durango. thanks for any info and help making my decision hopefully easier.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default KF2

Originally Posted by touringdriver
Okay guys i have a serious delima, I'm looking to get away from my B5M Buggy and race something that every man child and dog races and was looking into a new Xray or Durango carpet buggy but then a friend turned me onto the new Schumacher Cougar KF2. SWEET car so convince me i guess is what i'm asking in why this car might stand out over the XRAY and Durango. thanks for any info and help making my decision hopefully easier.
Innovative is the word I use with Schumacher and the KF2. I'm not saying that the other's manufacturer's are not! It's just that I feel there is more chassis options with there buggy's than most. I do however feel that the XRAY buggy's are soild but you have to buy two one carpet one dirt that suck's! With the KF2 just change a few parts. I have been doing a lot of practice on med to high bit clay tracks the last 5 month's I have found set ups that have my KF2MM running with with the best of them! Now if you are running on Carpet or Astro Turf the KF2 with the low grip conversation is the ticket! Either way you can't go go wrong with the above!

Last edited by MelKF2; 02-24-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey guys, has anyone tried using JConcepts wings on the KF2? If so, which one are you using.

I like the stock ones but want some options.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone please measure the location of the extra holes for the MM conversion for me? I have the belt and might just want to try the MM on alloy chassis. Also the dimension for the small carbon upper links from upper rear/front gearboxes.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oldernoob
Can anyone please measure the location of the extra holes for the MM conversion for me? I have the belt and might just want to try the MM on alloy chassis. Also the dimension for the small carbon upper links from upper rear/front gearboxes.

Thanks in advance.
I don't have the chassis readily available, but this isn't difficult to do yourself. The MM conversion moves the motor assembly rearward so that the brace mounts are a hair off from touching each other. You can mark the holes off of that location.

You will need to fashion a new brace if you don't already have it. Without it, there is enough flex in the chassis for the belt to skip.
Old 02-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default MM

Thanks in advance.
I'm getting 21.5mm chassis/ 17.0mm brace center to center. Now not all calipers are created equal!
Old 02-25-2016, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

That's great, thank you. I thought that they were the same as the other mounting holes spacing and that pretty much confirms it. I'm off to get drilling this weekend. I don't think I 'need' the MM layout as I race on astro, but I like to have the option ;-)

Last edited by oldernoob; 02-25-2016 at 06:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:41 AM
Tech Regular

Default Measurements

That's great, thank you. I thought that they were the same as the other mounting holes spacing and that pretty much confirms it. I'm off to get drilling this weekend. I don't think I 'need' the MM layout as I race on astro, but I like to have the option ;-)
That center to center was chassis hole! I think you knew that but wanted to correct my wording.😀
Old 02-26-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Haha, I cross checked the measurements last night and they work. Luckily, as long as they are square I can use the belt tension for any small adjustments in the longitudinal distance.
Looking at the MM fore/aft weight balance it still looks as if it'll work on astro anyway-thoughts?
Old 02-26-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Price

Whats the price on one of these in the UK?
Old 02-26-2016, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Modelsport UK has the kit for 274 GBP approx $400+
the KF2 SE is 294 GBP

Last edited by oldernoob; 02-26-2016 at 08:50 AM. Reason: SE add
Old 02-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Default MM

Haha, I cross checked the measurements last night and they work. Luckily, as long as they are square I can use the belt tension for any small adjustments in the longitudinal distance.
Looking at the MM fore/aft weight balance it still looks as if it'll work on astro anyway-thoughts?
I believe it will work! I have used the low grip on a hard packed very high grip(so much that in 5 min race tires were done!!) It worked really good once I got the front end to sit down a bit (used a 1.5mm limiter in the front shocks) and K1 rear shock tower (U4236). So you never know until it's tested!
Old 02-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

It's got to be worth a go! Blowing tyres-that's phenomenal! I raced my RC10 @ SRS in Phoenix and was amazed at the grip. I'd have thought a KF2 would have been amazing in those conditions-more grip than astro. I was blown away by the thought that damp clay could be so grippy.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default SRS

It's got to be worth a go! Blowing tyres-that's phenomenal! I raced my RC10 @ SRS in Phoenix and was amazed at the grip. I'd have thought a KF2 would have been amazing in those conditions-more grip than astro. I was blown away by the thought that damp clay could be so grippy.
Funny you mentioned SRS I'm relocating to Scottsdale here next Month! Looking forward to doing laps there and other tracks around the area and a little beyond. As far as wearing out the tires is was in fact the reason the tracks attendance went down going through 4-5 Set's of rear clay tire's and 2 up front a night of Racing is to much $$$$.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.