Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 RCX Challenge Pomona Fairplex Ca.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Wish I could have made this race. Work is always in the way.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I went out to watch to today and fortunately got to borrow a couple cars (thanks BTZ for the 1/8th scale, Shaw and Ray for the ABC Mini)to drive on the RCX track. The asphalt was smooth and the traction was really good. Tire wear was very low, trees to pit under, and a clean restroom. Hopefully GLARCRC could pull something off to maybe throw a few races there.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

anyone have pics or vids of anything that was there besides traxxas stuff??
Old 04-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Go to http://greaterlarc.com, there is vid of the track as camera mounted on 1/5 F-1 car and plenty of pics. Thanks to all who came to the race and GLARCRC pulls off another one!!

The RCX coordinator already has secured us for RCX 2010 and as a note to the club guys and racers. The RCX coordinators and the promotional staff at the Fairplex complimented us all on our entertainment value, sportsmanship, and professionalism in running the event. Fairplex has also stated if no scheduling conflicts, they will have no problems with us running racing there periodically. Perhaps as early as June and maybe duing the L.A. County fair.

We think that in order to grow this sport, clubs that are capable of travel should try and do some of the racing in high profile, high spectator traffic areas. It takes a little more effort to figure out timelines, logistics, and crowd control but spectators make the events more fun.

There were hobby shops interested in stocking the 1/5 and 1/8 product lines and even a couple of ABC electrics sold this weekend, New membership and exposure is what this hobby needs, especially clubs that primarily do parking lot events.

Bottom line is we all had a blast and it paved the way for us to host this same event in 2010. Thanks to all!!

GLARCRC
Old 04-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Nice Track

Originally Posted by gwilli2001us
Go to http://greaterlarc.com, there is vid of the track as camera mounted on 1/5 F-1 car and plenty of pics. Thanks to all who came to the race and GLARCRC pulls off another one!!

The RCX coordinator already has secured us for RCX 2010 and as a note to the club guys and racers. The RCX coordinators and the promotional staff at the Fairplex complimented us all on our entertainment value, sportsmanship, and professionalism in running the event. Fairplex has also stated if no scheduling conflicts, they will have no problems with us running racing there periodically. Perhaps as early as June and maybe duing the L.A. County fair.

We think that in order to grow this sport, clubs that are capable of travel should try and do some of the racing in high profile, high spectator traffic areas. It takes a little more effort to figure out timelines, logistics, and crowd control but spectators make the events more fun.

There were hobby shops interested in stocking the 1/5 and 1/8 product lines and even a couple of ABC electrics sold this weekend, New membership and exposure is what this hobby needs, especially clubs that primarily do parking lot events.

Bottom line is we all had a blast and it paved the way for us to host this same event in 2010. Thanks to all!!

GLARCRC
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for hosting the RCX race again for us. As Chris mentioned, the track surface was smooth, traction was very good. Even with the water issue from the pond, traction stayed consistent. Tire wear was great. On 1:8th scale 4WD, I ran 0.5mm off per qualifier plus the warm up on 35 shores. I personally hope you get to run there regularly. If so, count me in!

When you get a chance, please post results with laptimes. I changed a few minor things in set up and I'm curious to see how it translated into laptimes and so we can post the set up in the MUGEN MRX4-X thread for the guys to use on the upcoming GLARCRC races there.

Special mention also to Bruce, Marcus, Frank Killam and Nelson Walker for calling the race... Thanks again!

Ron
Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hey glen really good raceing all weekend long, i had a blast, track was hooked up and the raceing was really good also, the expo was nice lots of vendors, cant wait til carson mall gets going, once again thanks for putting on a great event keep up the good werk

Ron C. Thanks a lot for your help with the cluth and shifting problems with my car, now maybe i can keep up with you,
Old 04-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default results from RCX

Here are the results from this weekends great racing from RCX.

two text files to download, qualifying and mains. Both with lap times.

enjoy,
Bruce

ps. after downloading the files open with your internet browser to regain the formatting.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
rcx_09_quals.txt (74.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: txt
rcx_09_mains.txt (54.6 KB, 124 views)
Old 04-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Thank you greaterlarc

To everyone @ Greater LARC. Just wanted to say thank you for all your time and effort in all that you guys do. It means alot to us that love this hobby/sport. It was a blast to enjoy some racing and good times with all the racers aka FRIENDS. It was HOT !!! but still had a wonderful time I hope Glen we can run there again soon keep us posted on that because I sure alot of us will come out and surpport and enjoy running on that smooth track. Good job to all the winners you guys where hooked up , Ron and Danny you mugen guys great and tearing that track up sorry I couldnt get out your ways fast enough I think you guys lapped my like 3 or 4 times ! lol , Werner thank you for the phone call and its always fun to run with you , you and your son are doing a wonderful job so keep up the good work intill next time blessings to all.

for great info and pics of the RCX >>>> http://greaterlarc.com

Last edited by BigC2007; 04-20-2009 at 04:47 PM. Reason: wanted too
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Loveless
Ron C. Thanks a lot for your help with the cluth and shifting problems with my car, now maybe i can keep up with you,
You're welcome Kev..... anytime.

Originally Posted by BigC2007
Ron and Danny you mugen guys great and tearing that track up sorry I couldnt get out your ways fast enough I think you guys lapped my like 3 or 4 times ! lol

Good run Big C, it's all good....

I was watching your car during quali, you sure had power! Let's get those shocks replaced. Next time, I will bring an extra Protoform P909 Body for you to try and get you dialed in even more.

See you both at the Kamikaze Race. Take care.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ron C.
You're welcome Kev..... anytime.

Good run Big C, it's all good....

I was watching your car during quali, you sure had power! Let's get those shocks replaced. Next time, I will bring an extra Protoform P909 Body for you to try and get you dialed in even more.

See you both at the Kamikaze Race. Take care.
Thanks Ron if it wasnt for all your help and also Danny I would be in a world of hurt LOL so thank you guys ! see you soon.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Great racing and fun!!

Thanks BigC2007 is was so much fun! Thanks again to everyone who made it happen!! It was great fun for everyone and it was obvious!

http://greaterlarc.com/homepage.html
Old 05-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Default pics from RCX2009

Just came around to downloading my pics from my cam.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 RCX Challenge Pomona Fairplex Ca.-rcx2009-047a.jpg   2009 RCX Challenge Pomona Fairplex Ca.-rcx2009-113a.jpg   2009 RCX Challenge Pomona Fairplex Ca.-rcx2009-163a.jpg  
Old 05-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 007kel
Just came around to downloading my pics from my cam.
Thank for the pic very nice.